Penalty Phase #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
verdict form! I'm not generally a big DP proponent but I am in this case. In large part because of what the defendant has put that family through. Abuse, pedophilia, repeated delays while Jodi manipulated the process, the DT making this trial last much longer than necessary, all of that plus knowing the Alexander family wants the DP makes me hope and pray for it to occur. Plus, she will continue to torment them as long as she lives. Time to cancel the Jodi show.

I really think that the jury is going to vote for death. It's just a feeling since they were unanimous with the premeditated factor.

Jodi cares NOTHING for other human life. She showed Travis no mercy when she planned to murder him in such a bloody manner just because he saw her true character and soul.

If you ever want to know what Jodi's heart and soul look like, just look at one of the autopsy photos of Travis. THAT IS WHAT JODI IS. She shouldn't be allowed the privilege of living among humans.

Well today I wasn't even sure we would hear from Jodi- as she loves to keep the suspense rolling. But, I had my mouth agape today when she put on this show today. I can't help but think this was plan B or C D etc, but not her first choice.
But for me- it was successful in showing she remains snide, cunning, cold, calculating and useless and has the potential to misguide others in the future.

I too had great anxiety without you all today- WAT was my substitute- but there was a big hole. :( :blushing:

Geez I would hope they would come back today- though I think it will be tomorrow??

Curious if the organization does in fact get hair from prison inmates, and if there is currently a partnership in place with the jail she's is in. I would bet someone at the org could verify with a simple yes or no. Someone get on that ASAP. I'm tired.

Personally, I would not want my child wearing a wig made from inmates' hair... especially one in particular...

Ya know, that's what it was that struck me with what Jodi said to the jury. Travis wasn't just about bettering himself, he wanted to help others and help them better themselves. And now with her drivel to the jurors it's like she's trying to emulate him with all the things she wants to do to help others. She's just disgusting. imo

Posted this before, but after reading above it is even more relevant:

Did it occur to anyone else that in her allocution JA pointed out two goals she has for prison life that she has STOLEN directly from Travis and his family, IMO?
1) Literacy in prison: IIRC the Alexanders are setting up a fund to promote literacy, availability books etc. for underprivileged children because of Travis's love of books.
2) Prison recycling program to have a positive impact on the planet: IIRC Travis spoke and blogged about environmental issues and impacting the planet - it is one reason he bought a Prius.

IMO JA PURPOSEFULLY CHOSE these two issues to raise in her allocution as a way to further hurt the Alexanders, sending them a %#@&$ you message. It must be torture for them to sit there and listen to her essentially say, "Give me life so I can do these things that I made sure Travis could never do" and, "I am a good person like Travis was - I care about the exact same things."

The jury has no way to know about the Alexanders' plan for the Travis literacy/book fund; not sure they heard about Travis's feelings re: environmental issues. IMO JA brought up these specific ideas simply to dig at the Alexanders. If she gets life, they will have to go on thinking she is "working on" two of the issues dear to Travis and she knows that will be hurtful to them.

So astonishingly glib about such a viciously violent murder. And Willmott, she's just as bad. She said this killer had done "a very bad thing". :what: Like she had stolen a lollipop from the candy store.

That must have been an insult to the jury, who had already convicted JA to murder 1.

Ha ha! Thanks Gauntlet. I told you I'm not big on Twitter, but I wanted to get the word out.

Thank you!

Thanks SoSueMe, Tricia, all the Mods, techs and managers!! I'm sure WS went down due to overload. You guys are the best, work so hard for us, and we all love and appreciate all that you do!

:yourock: :loveyou: :goldcrown:

That survivor t shirt will certainly get her the death penalty. How bizarre was that?

Even if the allegations of abuse by Travis were true nobody would want JA to be a spokeswoman for victims of domestic violence. Professionals in DV intervention do not advocate killing ones abuser.

The entire allocation was self serving - even from the beginning when she talked about her mom seeing The Alexander siblings in the car next to her while idling at a stop light. JA said something to the effect like "I realized they were hurting BECAUSE OF ME." Also the part where she talked about Stephen talking about the 3 by 5 card where Travis was to call him that day -yet he never got that call. JA says again - all because of "me". YET - she never followed that up by saying something like "and for that I am deeply sorry". It's almost like she was taking pride in the fact that "because of me" they were hurting. That set me off right away. I listened to her allocation a 2nd time and every single thing stood out to me as self serving. The whole thing was just lame. It gets even lamer when you listen to it a 2nd time around.

She's rubbing it in, I think. She's always been curious and excited about the fall-out her actions have engendered. If she could have, she would have acted like she and Travis' family were all in this suffering together and continued contact with them fordamnever just to breathe in the devastation she caused, to view their reactions, and try and figure out what the fuss is all about.

Was this in the trial? I was a little late getting to the party but I was also trying to only pay attention to things in the trial.

Yes. She said she bought it because she was going camping with a some guys and was scared. lol

LE found the gun taped to the engine compartment of her rental car after her mom called and wanted the gun back. LE then contacted rental co. and got it. Two knives were hidden in books. She said they were Darryl's and she was taking them back to him.

Why is this reminding me of Emily's final monologue in Our Town. Goodbye world, Goodbye Grovers Corners.

Since I was on lock-out from WS today :eek: I actually resorted to taking notes while JA spoke ( I know, actual pen and paper!)

These are the things I noted:
when she talked of Travis' grandmother, I was pizzed. I think this was her "sneaky" way of getting in there that Travis' grandma was sick before the murder of Travis and that the Grandma (not Travis) was the glue of the family. Grrrr... very early in her talk and I already wanted to pluck her voicebox out with my bare hands.

The suicide letter BS. What crap... she thinks FAR too much of herself to ever "make the world try to go on without her".

All the jobs/good things:
If all these things are available for you to do, what have you been doing for five freakin' years? Recycling program, teaching Spanish or ALS, book club... BS. There are many others who could (and actually WOULD) do these things. I don't believe for a second she will do ANY of this anyway - it's all about JA to JA and I don't think she will feel these things are worthy of her time.

As far as the t-shirt... BAD MOVE! She already knows they didn't buy the DV carp, and then uses her spotlight moment to trash Travis once again by saying he abused her. That move alone earns her a GREAT BIG F YOU from me.

She said she was the first daughter. (guess her older half sister doesn't count?) Then she gives us the family slide show. Camping, nieces, Christmas, etc... Guess what JA? YOU and ONLY YOU are responsible for none of those things being available to you anymore. The pain in your family (and I believe any family would be in pain over this situation) is ONE HUNDRED PERCENT YOUR FAULT! You say you are the cause, but it is clear you don't believe that. We all see it very clearly and I pray the jury does too.

The whole bringing up PW was threatened. I know some are really angry about that but I wasn't shocked. It was her attempt to sway the jury. I don't think the jury gives anything she says any weight, so I don't think it will matter one way or the other that she mentioned it.

Her whole BS about not wanting to malign Travis. What a load of crapola and I am sure the jury will see that. They aren't stupid. They heard her testimony ad nauseum on the stand.

And, of course, after all her interviews saying she would want death, she asks for Life. Anyone shocked? I am not. Again, she thinks too much of herself to want to die. I don't believe for one second it was a recent change of mind or has anything to do with her family and their feelings. It is, as always, all about JA.

Ok - didn't see the JM or JW parts will have to watch them when they are posted. I don't know what the jury will decide, but I don't think what JA said contained anything that would sway me if I were them.

No I'm positive at least one juror, if not more, caught the dig as well. And yes it was indeed a dig or at least attempting to discredit Sam's contention that it was Travis who was the glue. Basically trying to say that it was the death of their grandmother that tore up the family not Travis' murder. It was a disgusting comment for Jodi to make.

It's even more disgusting that she inserts herself into this poor family she has devastated! She should not be making statements about the family unless it is an apology!!! She brought them up just for spite--there is no good in Jodi.

The idea of Jodi Arias "contributing" anything to this world scares the absolute HELL out of me. As far as I'm concerned, the only things that JA is capable of offering to her fellow inmates are lessons on how to be a more effective liar (even though she's a terrible liar), how to be a more convincing sociopath, how to work a more successful con (even though she's failed in all of these endeavors).

She's already demonstrated that she's a lying, self-serving narcissistic murderer.

She's been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder (for which her defense attorney JM blamed her parents - I call total BS on that accusation. IME, there are plenty of people who are diagnosed with BPD who bonded with one or both parents during their formative years, and who were not "abused" as children.).

I'm outraged that JM blamed JA's parents. JA's heinous murderous actions are on JA and JA alone - regardless of a diagnosis of BPD, and regardless of the etiology of the BPD.

IMO, this murdering sociopath has NOTHING of value to offer society.

add:
How to take and lie through PTSD tests and a variety of other mental health disorder tests...Her class shall be called Jodi Has PTSD! and then say it was just a selling point to get inmates to attend lol

OMG I am listening to this Darryl Brewer interview. This is beyond creepy. He has a very paternalistic attitude towards her. This is not a man talking about his ex-lover, potential wife. This is a man talking about someone he considered like a daughter. Which is creepy creepy creepy weird.

Do you have a link please?

This morning there was a lot of running around in the courtroom,,

KN would leave looking mad.then come back
KN got a note,handed it to JW-she got mad & picked up her purse and left the CR
Then several sheriff's deputies came in the CR & left

Something was going on in the back room with JA
and I think JW & KN were trying to talk her out of using that shirt
but she insisted on-But this is just speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics