Penalty Phase #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with DB too, that she got worse when she joined PPL. I think she had instability and got delusional after watching The Secret and reading The Law of Attraction. I just picked up on her never taking responsibility for anything.
DB said when he asked her for money to help pay the bills as she had done before, she told him not to be negative. So in her mind, having to take responsibility for something was being negative. Hmm, an easy way out, but not in the real world.
Underneath she has a real paranoia and a desperate need to cover up and protect herself. This holds her back from asking for much needed opinions and help. A personality disorder for sure, disregarding her own talents and abilities, joining PPL to get rich quick. Poor decision making, the list goes on and on. All could be forgiven, if she just did not kill.

Whew, I can see the eye of sauron focusing on targets already today, lol. I for one dont want to miss the last day(s) of the trial over a comment....

I think she is going to ask for death, tbh. It is the final act of her off broadway play. ;) It is a meaningless request, but she would so appreciate the drama of it all. Then it becomes all about her...again.... Even if they give her death, she will live another 20 years while it is appealed.

katiecoolady states:The emergency petition is a special action to have Judge Stephens recused. It won't happen.

I stepped away and come back and see this?? Is this true or a rumor?? Anyone????

Wondering if maybe Juan pointed out the square fingers to DB in the pic? Could this be a possible reason that the DT doesn't want him to testify? This wouldn't make KN look too good......just sayin....

Quote rose222:
My only concern regarding DB is that he was not an honest witness and is still trying to stand in the way of Truth. This wasn't a fair trial? He got that right. A fair trial would mean not bashing the poor, murdered victim without any proof whatsoever. The Judge has gone above and beyond the call of duty (with no gratitude from the Defense) for JA. If this had been a fair trial then JA would have been convicted of first-degree murder years ago and would already been rotting away on death row.
............................................................................................................................

AND I think Darryl knows the most about Jodi's premeditation plans. Gas cans, DVD, her anger, phone calls, plans, penis photo, anal sex stuff, ky, her craziness, etc.

He is choosing to protect her and go after prosecution instead. And the timing??

There's a difference between discussing the content of what a witness or interviewee says, talking about their testimony and whether or not that testimony is credible, has been impeached, is relevant and bashing a person. Is this really such a difficult concept to understand? Opining about what Brewer said in his interview versus things he said on the stand is fair game and is not bashing. Same goes for any witness. Focusing on the content in a case is not bashing. Is Brewer being honest? Well he's said 2 different things that are in conflict, so he's been dishonest somewhere. Does it matter? It only matters what he said on the stand under oath.

I think it will be a cry over spilt milk speech.
I am sorry it happened.
You the Jury do what you must.
I have tried to explain what happened.
If you don't believe me then that is your decision.
I have told you from the beginning in court I had murdered Travis.
Would I ever get myself in such a situation again? No
It is time for me to go the direction you desire.
It is time for the Alexander family to heal.
My life is now in your hands.
Don't make the same mistake I made.

.....hi....
Rose...I'm having a bit of trouble practicing my virtual DP dance as the smilies seem to be under the weather today :(
....but I'm doing a jig all around my house in real time...he,he....

Hoping to hear that death bell toll...
Justice for Travis....

KMouse: DB feels that JA can still be a productive member of society behind bars. WTH. JA gave up that chance on June 4, 2008. Society doesn't need or want anything from her.

Hopeful: I do want one thing from her - to go away.

I would like to know how ja could be a 'productive member of society' behind bars. She wasn't one when she was free??

Believe09 "I think she is going to ask for death, tbh. It is the final act of her off broadway play. It is a meaningless request, but she would so appreciate the drama of it all. Then it becomes all about her...again.... Even if they give her death, she will live another 20 years while it is appealed."

Yep, I get the feeling that if she gets the DP she will be smiling as though they've given her the "freedom" she spoke about in her interview.

For those of you who believe that JA becomes whatever group she is immersed in, I think you are spot on. I think she does that with people as well...she has an excellent "reader" somewhere that makes her able to read people. She fills in the blanks, she tries to become what they want. It all falls apart for her because there is no substance-she cant sustain it and they lose their interest. And I think she chose to punish Travis because she believed that she gave him exactly what he wanted and he kicked her to the curb anyway. She was never going to measure up. She was never really there.

She is just a black hole, imo. She will have to feed off of the guards in the future. She will have to be the perfect inmate now.

Thr fact tha DB indicated that he feels the county was less than honest, my words, is enough for me to discount his interview.

Scorpio 24 says: I'm sure Nurmi & JW are profoundly embarrassed professionally. I don't believe Nurmi's frustration yesterday was directed at the judge or at Juan. I believe it was directed at his client. He has well-respected attorneys on HLN & other networks questioning his strategy of not putting her mom or grandmother on the stand and not jumping off the borderline personality diagnosis. The truth is: he can't because Jodi will not let him.
I agree with this completely. JW looked like she wanted the floor to open up and swallow her yesterday. The DT could have called Dr. Demarte to tell the jury how bent JA is. But JA won't allow it. They have the duty to present the most vigorous defense they know how. I'm guessing they despise JA personally and privately. Yesterday was KN's Apocalypse Now.

basilcat...I can't my dance icon to work! And...oh no..I can't get the crying/whining/scared one to work either! I'm at a loss here! I'm off to practice some dance moves. Maybe today will be the day for our final dance! Woot!

Yep, I get the feeling that if she gets the DP she will be smiling as though they've given her the "freedom" she spoke about in her interview.

I agree, lol. She will interpret it as if they cared enough about her to give her what she wants.

Rosemary Pierce - anger management indeed. One of the saddest aspects of this case, at least to me, is looking closely at how wide the devastation wake is that the murderer has created. And all I can see is those that have gone public on her behalf are nothing but collateral damage to her, even her own lawyers.

For Travis, the damage was the ultimate, for his family and friends, debilitating.

Ruined reputations lie on the ground everywhere. The emotional toll for the jury has to be excrutiating and tiresome. The murderer does not care. She has enjoyed every second of it just as she enjoyed slaughtering Travis. The slaughter in this case is horrific... the emotional toll high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3