Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what...I just can't believe this. I don't want to think what I'm thinking, what are your guys thoughts on this? I really need some reassurance.

Sounds to me like they want to make sure that she never gets out of prison. Judge would make the call - no guarantee that Jodi could not be out at some time in the future.

Ok so Sheriff Joe allows access and interviews but this is JAIL. Why aren't there 'visiting hours' and restrictions?

Can not imagine just how much money and diversion of jail guards have been invested in allowing her this opportunity. She has been convicted of first degree murder and should not have these freedoms and opportunities IMO.

Seems reasonable to me. I understood Sheriff Joe's point about 1st Amendment, etc., but when I was in the Army the lights went out at 10:00, period. They came back on at zero dark thirty, but that's a different story. I kept expecting Vinnie to ask him at some point why the time was not restricted. If folks in the service have to adhere to a certain schedule (under training conditions, sometimes also in the field), it seems reasonable to assume that prisoners also have to adhere to some kind of schedule.

does the jury know the judge can choose from LWOP or 25 years to life?

Wow. I think they are going to sentence her to life. Wow. I know if they had seen all those interviews last night they wouldn't. It's a shame they don't know the entire story. And I'm slightly afraid because I'm not sure that Judge Stephens would sentence her LWOP. I think there could be a chance that Stephens would sentence her LWP after 25 years.

ummm. just happened by chance to look at the live feed and see the tail end of something....so I hit rewind and....watching her sitting there all HAPPY. WTF?

I must be a typical emotional mess kind of woman because if that were me (and it never would be lol but...) id be crying so much id be vomiting. there would be absolutely nothing that could make me smile or laugh or even want to talk to other people.

that girl will be studied by professionals for years to come because she is not normal!!

:twocents: Here's my :twocents: fwiw :

I have total faith and confidence in Mr. Martinez -- and he would NOT have made that statement about LWP and the 25 years without "doing his homework" !

He is a PRO at this and he KNOWS the LAW !

The DT is just scared that this jury IS going to give her the DP ... and they are grasping for straws !

:please: for a DP VERDICT TODAY !

I'm feeling sick right now, hearing what the Jury question is. I know it could mean nothing at all but honestly, that's not a question I want to hear. I am inpatient and want what the family wants NOW.

It doesn't help that this has given Jodi a ray of hope. Smiling, laughing with everyone, even the guard. A total chatter box with a constant smile with Willmott until the guard spoke up about taking her away.

Ugh...

Edited to add: Okay just read that it was an instruction that was LEFT OUT. Maybe this was something the judge wanted to do. I feel a whole lot better now.

Attachments

• Smiles.jpg
    Smiles.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 31
You know what...I just can't believe this. I don't want to think what I'm thinking, what are your guys thoughts on this? I really need some reassurance.
IMO, they are leaning towards life and wanted some clarification.

Beth says jury wanted definition of life in prison. Attorneys each argued the matter.

Jurors should be told the truth. If they vote life, it goes to the judge. They don't get to decide. It is my opinion that JSS is pro defense. There is so much this jury should have seen. Maybe they want to throw the defense a bone?

I don't think this question is good news for anyone wanting her to get the DP. My guess is, at the very least, someone doesn't want to impose it. Beth Karas said they have not deliberated at all today so they've only had 90 minutes or so to discuss it, but I'm not sure she's going to get death. I've never been sure on it and even more so now. They wanted to be re-assured that she would never get out of prison if they didn't impose death. That, to me, means they'll will possibly allow her to live out her life in prison.

Ryan Smith ‏@ryansmithtv 2m
Def a animated long convo RT @icequen99: @ryansmithtv Looks to me like she was flirting with the officers.

Have heard jury wanted definition of "Life", but WAT said it was an instruction that was left out that they needed to hear. Which is correct?

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
Judge brought jury in to clarify a jury instruction that was left out. #JodiArias

We in court room.

Holly macaroni, Nurmi cannot even answer JSS without an Can we approach?

I can understand this one. I think its fair that he doesn't want his whereabouts broadcast on national tv and the internet.

I think sometimes a jury considers the convict's family in their choice of life or death. They may think Jodi deserves death but that her parents don't deserve to lose a child. Just throwing that out there. mooooo

Either the jury is fishing for something to make them feel okay about giving death, or they are taking her words about her family into consideration.

I have a feeling that they will give her LWOP.

Or maybe they are just trying to make absolutely sure they understand everything completely in the jury instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member