Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have heard jury wanted definition of "Life", but WAT said it was an instruction that was left out that they needed to hear. Which is correct?

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
Judge brought jury in to clarify a jury instruction that was left out. #JodiArias

They probably asked for the definition of a life sentence, and the judge wrote an instruction and read it to them.

So did the jury ask this question about life or did the judge bring them in to court because OH never mind, just heard the judge brought them in GOOD!

NOT listening to TH....fell for their babble back in OJ trial days....and oh, were they wrong! Jury question does NOT mean jury is leaning towards life...

It seems the jury instruction was left out?:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Judge brought jury in to clarify a jury instruction that was left out. #JodiArias

If jury comes back with life does JSS have option to overturn it and give her death?

*SIGH* Not that I think JSS would do that, I don't think she has the *coconuts* to pull something that big :facepalm:

A girl can hope tho....

I am still confident it will be the DP. This is a smart jury. Judge clarified the Life in Prison, jury didn't ask the question. It's all good

I just want clarification for myself... if they vote Life, that does NOT mean LWOP. It means no DP. It means JSS will sentence her. They do not have the ability to say LWOP so the final sentence term is up to the Judge.

Is this correct?

That's my understanding. I don't particularly trust Judge Stephens to give Jodi LWOP. I think she has a soft spot for JA and would allow parole. :moo:

Is life in prison that bad? She'll never get out. The family wont have to see her anymore. She's been found guilty of premeditated first degree murder, with the provision of cruelty.

By all rights, the family and victim WON.
She might get out someday if JSS doesn't giver jodi LWOP.

I think it's one or two people that are looking at life...the others are arguing life isn't really life. So they needed a clarification. She could still get the DP, but I won't hold my breath! I'm scared.

Stupid, stupid, stupid question and I should know the answer by now but...

They don't have to be unanimous on the vote, do they? What are the rules on that?

They do to impose a sentence. They have to either all be in agreement for life or all in agreement for death. Or they can agree that they can't all agree. In which case a new jury will be seated and they will go through the same process. If the second jury can't come to a decision then the sentence is automatically life. And Judge Stephens decides LWOP or LWP after 25 years.

So the jury asked a question or the judge asked to speak with the jury because she left something out?

The way I understand it is the judge wanted to clarify to the jury the information about life. The jury did not ask the question themselves

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

From what I'm seeing on twitter, this hearing is NOT in response to a jury request, but rather a request from the DT (somebody correct me if I'm wrong). I really don't think there is a need to panic at this point. The DT didn't like that JM in his closing said the CM could get out at some point, and wanted the instruction on Life vs. LWOP read to the jury and then both sides were allowed to argue the point.

Now HLN is reporting it wasn't a Juror question. That one of the Instructions was omitted yesterday???? Judge needed to clarify.

If they give her DP today will she be sleeping in her cell on death row tonight?

IIRC, one of the HLN TH's said that she will be taken to the appropriate prison as soon as the verdict is delivered and things are adjourned.

May she have a nice, "Honey, I'm Home," moment.
icon10.gif

Ok, this is flippin NERVE WRACKING. I am seriously on edge

Now that I have a minute to think about this, maybe there are jurors that want to show a juror who is unsure that she COULD possibly get paroled.:please::please::please::please::please:

Maybe they want to make sure that she doesn't get out so they clarified that one.

HLN confuses me. Is jury asking for clarification or did judge realise that there was an omission in the instructions she gave and called jury in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member