Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:jail:SunnyinMO, what it means that Life or Death degree was ascending or rising when the jury retired to deliberate on a sentence is that both time and place came together to designate a moment when that grave decision would be the subject on the human mind in that body, The Jury.

From WAT :

5m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Samantha and Steven just walked into the side conference room by where I usually sit. Haven't seen any other family yet. #JodiArias

1m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

We are headed back into the courtroom now. #JodiArias

Beth says jury wanted definition of life in prison. Attorneys each argued the matter.

The jury instruction which outlined the difference between LWOP and LWP was left out of the jury packets. That was part of the problem. The jurors were each given a copy of the instruction, the judge read it, each side argued it.

Yes, they do.

Their choices are:

1. Death Penalty,
  2. Life In Prison, or
  3. Unable to Agree.

If (1), she may be executed subject to: appeals, Supreme Court rulings, changes in the law, escape, she selficides™, or she's killed while incarcerated.

If (2), the judge will decide what specific life sentence she will receive. See all the caveats on (1) above.

If (3), a new jury(ies) will be enpanelled to decide the sentence and the process will continue until there is a unanimous sentence.

Regarding (3), if a hung jury happens this time and they will have a new jury, but if a hung jury happens again, then she will get LIFE, according to what I heard from Beth.

Anybody have a strong feeling about what Judge Stephens would decide if the life sentence was left up to her?
I'm 99% sure she would decide LWOP.

How can JW argue that if you say life she will stay in prison when in fact JSS can give her life with possible parole??

Thank-you for asking that! The judge didn't qualify either answer & it didn't help that JW with her histrionics kept saying that CMJA will die in prison.

Of course I believe JM but maybe a juror is saying WTH?

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 30s

Members of the public are being let in too.#jodiarias

Elizabeth Erwin Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 55s

Juan Martinez and some of Alexander's family members are here, I don't see #JodiArias or her attorneys yet.

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 38s
We're back in court. Judge is on the bench. Alexander family is here. No defense or Arias yet

Was surprised to see CMJA in court on HLN -- but I guess that was for the reading of the jury instruction. But dang, wasn't she all animated and laughing it up with her watcher (sheriff dude). Make me sick to my stomach.

And what was all that nonsense about not believing in the death penalty. She should have taken that into consideration when she was slaughtering TA.

For the Love of God!!!

MOO

Mel

Jodi was checking out those younger deputies out in the back of court room. The succubus is preying on the deputies, waiting for the right 'victim'.

Is life in prison that bad? She'll never get out. The family wont have to see her anymore. She's been found guilty of premeditated first degree murder, with the provision of cruelty.

By all rights, the family and victim WON.

Yes. Because she will still have a decent life.. all the things she talked about yesterday will be done. All her crazy schemes will come true..

IF DEATH, She is on DR and is limited to a cell 23 hours a day.

If she gets normal LIFE, She will be everywhere all the time. This is what she craves... ATTENTION.

She needs to be cut off!

Travis' family has arrived at the courthouse.

Everyone is back in court Judge on bench...

Something is going on.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

We are in the courtroom now. Media still shuffling in. Samantha and Steven are seated up front. Don't see Arias' family here. #JodiArias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett