DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do not show prison garb.
Do not show handcuffs.
Must have opportunity to brush hair.

Seriously, we're these real "rules" for the interviews?

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m
A verdict has not been reached but I am hearing the jury has a question. #JodiArias

I am pleased with what I heard during the play back of the reading of the instructions and of the attorney arguments this morning. Juan made it very clear (MOO) that LWOP means that she could get out in 25 years depending on the procedures. Also LWOP does not mean Jodi will spend her natural life in prison either. Willmott continues to demand LWOP means she will stay in prison until she dies.

Yesterday I remember Juan attempted to make it clear as well but he gave an example of another prisoner and Willmott shut him down. She tried to stop him today claiming he is inappropriately siting the law but the judge over ruled her and he was allowed to make all aspects of LWOP clear.

+1 for the judge from me today. I am very glad to see that clarity of what LWOP could mean is allowed. As Juan said, it does not guarantee Jodi will spend her natural life in prison. I foresee a DP for Jodi and I am hoping it will wipe that smile off her snarky face.

Do not show prison garb.
Do not show handcuffs.
Must have opportunity to brush hair.

Seriously, were these real "rules" for the interviews?

I'm not a smoker but I'm thinking we should unite for a group smoke break to channel the jury for a verdict.

Law of Attraction kind of carp.

Does anybody know JSS's track record re. sentencing?
Is that info tabulated somewhere?

I leave from work in half an hour, if I miss this I swear I will have the big one.

A few comments, speeding through the thread, taking a break from fixing a fence line:

1. "Flip Flops" were worn on the first "guilty verdict", and we mustn't forget cleaning out kitty litter boxes!

2. The jury is probably worried not in the least about threats. I find it kinda crazy that certain witnesses said they were threatened. In Arizona, if you are threatened, you call LE, you put an injunction against harassment on the perp, if you have a gun, you make sure it's clean and loaded, and keep your cell phone close by. "Threats and Intimidation", "Stalking" are taken very seriously here, and if someone doesn't feel they need to take the necessary steps to CYA, then they are not utilizing the process that's been put in place.

3. CMja will not last in Prison. Even if she is in PC, or DR, she is not totally protected.
A. She is Bi-Racial, Hispanic and Caucasian. She doesn't really have a place in either the Hispanic or White gangs.
B. She tried to pass as white and she killed a white man. The White gangs will "pass" and the "Aryan" type gangs will target her. To the Hispanics, she is ashamed of her culture.
C. She is from California, rarely do Hispanic gangs in Az embrace Hispanics from Calif, they are rivals. She has learned "Spanish", not the Spanish spoken by the majority of Hispanics in Prison. They will not be impressed.
D. She has already violated "prison etiquette", her response to a fight in Estrella was she was defending herself. Major FAIL. Snitch Material.
E. She killed the brother of LE. She will have a target on her back by inmates, and guards will look the other way if there is a prisoner altercation.
F. She is LOCA, and not in a good prison way. An inmate will get lots of props for making her life miserable or ending it.
G. The gals at Perryville are already aware of her "jacket", that's Everything about her crime, her write ups in Estrella, her "pals", her access to finances, etc., etc. She is a "celebrity hound". She killed a man with absolutely no valid justification. She will NOT be able to "blow smoke" to impress or baffle them with bologna. They do NOT like her.

I truly believe she will end up like Dahmer. I give her 5 years max. JMO :twocents:
Back to the fenceline........

Bolded by me; what does LOCA mean? (had the same thoughts regarding Dahmer).

Jumping off ...

Is the Judge free to follow media on the trial, do searches, follow WS, etc? TIA

The judge has spent hours and hours and hours with JA back in chambers, not to mention the years she has overseen this case. I bet she knows a lot more about JA even than we do.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 52s
I confirmed that with a court rep. No verdict reached yet just a juror question. We are still waiting patiently. #JodiArias

Chris Williams@chriswnews
Just told by court personnel NO VERDICT in #JodiArias case. There is a question. #TravisAlexander

That's my understanding. I don't particularly trust Judge Stephens to give Jodi LWOP. I think she has a soft spot for JA and would allow parole. :moo:

I probably would have thought she would give her life without parole until last night. When she lifted that gag order and allowed her to put on her little side show carnival, I was sort of beside myself. Why would she do that while the jury was still deliberating? I don't want Jodi to ever see the outside of a prison again. I think she will always be a danger to others. I truly believe that she would have killed again soon if she hadn't been arrested when she was. I think she might have gone after the Hughes, Deanna, or Mimi. Maybe even others.I wouldn't want to be anyone who testified against her if she EVER gets out. I have followed crime stories for a long time, and I don't think I have ever seen a more vicious killing. And to see her talk and act so normal is even more frightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett