Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JVM on HLN saying she just got a text telling her everyone get back in the courtroom.

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan 2m
Something is happening in #JodiArias courtroom!

Can she go the other way - give life if the jury comes back with death? Regardless of how likely this would be, does AZ law provide for it?

It's happened in other jurisdictions, so yes, but I'm unaware if it's happened in Arizona.

And if she gets out in 25 yrs, with a donor egg she could have a baby at the age of 52.

"Let me tell ya' 'bout the birds and the bees
And the flowers and the trees
And the moon up above ..."

Instead of a donor EGG, she would need a donor SPERM ...
... assuming that she has preserved some of her eggs, natch. :cool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaaVbWD3USI"]Jewel Akens - The Birds and the Bees - YouTube[/ame]

Seque...I am moving up my 5:00 toast...r u there?

maybe they aren't announcing a verdict to peeps so that there aren't a lot of peeps at the court house!!!!

Please let this be the day. Please. Please... I have to take some Anti Vert and it will be tough if this gets worse!

The convicted torture murderess has now designed a few t-shirts.

I'd like to know which, if any, WS'ers prefer.

Here they are:

[1]
abc_underwear_mi_130204_mn.jpg

[2]
article-2328613-19EB33E8000005DC-654_634x419.jpg

OR

[3]
images

I am pleased with what I heard during the play back of the reading of the instructions and of the attorney arguments this morning. Juan made it very clear (MOO) that LWOP means that she could get out in 25 years depending on the procedures. Also LWOP does not mean Jodi will spend her natural life in prison either. Willmott continues to demand LWOP means she will stay in prison until she dies.

Yesterday I remember Juan attempted to make it clear as well but he gave an example of another prisoner and Willmott shut him down. She tried to stop him today claiming he is inappropriately siting the law but the judge over ruled her and he was allowed to make all aspects of LWOP clear.

+1 for the judge from me today. I am very glad to see clarity of what LWOP could mean is allowed. As Juan said, it does not guarantee Jodi will spend her natural life in prison. I forsee a DP for Jodi and I am hoping it will wipe that smile off her snarky face.
LWOP means she WILL stay in prison for the rest of her life. It is LWP that could get her out in 25 years, if and when procedures are put in place to allow for that. DT is arguing that since there are no procedures in place, it is in essence the same as LWOP. Juan argued that 25 years gives plenty of time for procedures to be implemented that WOULD allow her to get out on parole if verdict is merely LWP.

WAT :

7m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

We are in the courtroom now. Media still shuffling in. Samantha and Steven are seated up front. Don't see Arias' family here. #JodiArias

7m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Live stream won't be started until court is back in session. Hold tight everyone. Keep the BTS to a minimum please. :) #JodiArias

6m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Juan is up front talking to Mike B. who is dressed in all black today. Juan has medium gray suit with light blue shirt. #JodiArias

5m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

A few spectators have been let in. Still hwaiting, not sure hwhat is going on exactly yet. Stomach grumbling. #JodiArias

2m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

A verdict has not been reached but I am hearing the jury has a question. #JodiArias

2m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

I confirmed that with a court rep. No verdict reached yet just a juror question. We are still waiting patiently. #JodiArias

I wonder if it is because the jurors deliberated 45 minutes without the proper juror instructions. (one left out)

Wild About Trial
Juan is pacing and has sat down in front row for a little relaxing time while we all wait for things to get under way. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial
Juan is pacing and has sat down in front row for a little relaxing time while we all wait for things to get under way. #JodiArias

Something's going on..the court clerk telling media to go to the court room according to HLN. This is driving me crazy!! I think there must be a verdict based on both families arriving but no official word yet..fx for DP today!

Lol my nerves are on edge

I've chewed my nails to the quick, and I serve the general public drinks (so remember that if you see anyone serve you a drink with no nails, could be because of this trial!, don't judge, ; ) )

And that is after TWO margaritas! About to open a Shiner Bock!

according to twitter we have a jury question!!!

I'm sitting on YouTube waiting for any new uploads as I'm in Europe and no access to live TV. There's a new deception analysis video, if anyone would like to pass some time:-

Jodi Arias Interview analysis by Deception Detection Expert (Mr Phil Houston)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NqUSnaL7ac

EDIT : Ooops, this is old news. Sorry.

I hope this jury does not consider CMJA family! I really really hope they only consider the true victim's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV