Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As with the other verdicts, does this jury not take into consideration the fact that I have no patience??

Is it possible we could have a mistrial here in the penalty phase due to the fact a jury instruction was omitted and the jury deliberated yesterday? Does anyone know?

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m
Juan just eyed my cashews as he walked into the side conference room. Sorry man these are hWilds cashews and only hWilds.

He's so funny. Somebody on twitter needs to tweet this guy and tell him that Juan has earned a handful of his cashews.

Confucius say...Verdict is in and it's Death
image.jpg

:drumroll: Hey, Steph!

Doesn't have to be unanimous. If they don't all vote for DP then judge decides LWP or LWOP

No--they have to be unanimous in both death or life. If they hang, a new jury is empaneled for sentencing.

I haven't seen the GMA interview yet .. does anyone have a link for it?

TigerBalm's compilation of JA's interviews from
last night:
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9477685&postcount=14"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2[/ame]

From WAT :

7m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Still no sign of #JodiArias' family. Only Juan and Travis' family are here. Defense is not in the courtroom. Still hwaiting patiently

Ok I don't get it....they did the part previously (an hour ago?) where JSS read them the jury instruction she left out...they did that w/o camera, etc., so why does this have to be in front of the camera?

No, it does need to be unanimous. If jury hangs, then a whole new jury is picked. If that jury hangs the judge then chooses LWOP or LWP. Death P. is then off the table.

I believe AZLawyer said up thread that if there is a hung jury, they get a new jury.

Did I read that right?

I think the DT is filing a motion to can Judge Sherry.

via twitter...
Beth Karas ‏@BethKara
We're back in court. Judge is on the bench. Alexander family is here. No defense or Arias yet.

Any one surprised DT late/missing?

I think CMCHJA will literally drag her toes all the way to Perryville regardless of the actual verdict! :floorlaugh:

Is it possible we could have a mistrial here in the penalty phase due to the fact a jury instruction was omitted? Does anyone know?

I don't know. I think that is why the judge is getting everyone in there so it can be read in public in front of the families, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3