Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My heart breaks for the Alexander family.

It will be months more that they will have to continue to put their lives on hold. Seating a new jury alone will take months (due to the fact that Jodi did so many interviews last night) it will likely take at least a month.

The Alexander family still has a very long road before they can close this chapter on their lives.

I'm afraid for the members of this jury should they come back with a life sentence. This is their decision to decide and their decision will affect so many lives and bear on their souls forever.

IMO their recommendation needs to be accepted by the public if they are able to come to a consensus. I honestly think at this point they are above being tainted by the news media. If they were tainted, I think they'd come back with Death five minutes into their deliberations yesterday. They will receive backlash if they do not send her to the death chamber and, to me, that is totally outrageous. Unfortunately, they have no idea the scrutiny they are about to receive. People will call and harass them like they have done to everyone that goes against what they believe.

This is the jury's case to decide. They have to live with their decision. Let them be and let them make it in peace and I hope that with what ever they (hopefully) decide, people will accept. This is the way the system works, and if people are afraid to serve on a high-profile jury for fear of retaliation, then our justice system will cease to work the way it is supposed to work.

And I know I'll be berated for this but, I believe, IMO, that the death sentence should be preserved for the most heinous of criminals. The Dahmers, Bundys, Mansons, Tsarnaevs, of this world. Even Kermit Gosnell and co., but I, do not think she should be put to death. Sorry, I don't. However, I'm not on this jury and if they decide death, then I will accept their decision.

They can't make a choice please I just want justice for Travis family
My heart truly breaks for them.

Give them time, imo. They might not go for death, but we always knew that was a possibility. She is convicted. Doesn't mean the jury wasn't honest, imo.

jmo and all that jazz:scared:

I'm starting to feel sick. Travis and his family deserve justice.

I just heard it again. Judge says 'I have received a note indicating that you are unable to come to a unanimous decision.'

I'm hoping they come to a decision, even if Life. This MUST end for this family. I took one look at Steven and Sam and I think he will have a nervous breakdown if another few months of trial. Not worth it. They NEED this to end.
I hope the jury looked over at them, and saw how cowardly it is that they only tried for two hours before giving up. I wish they would try for a week before they give up. WOW

I'd much rather have the jury disband and a new jury seated for the sentence, than have the DP jurors overridden because they just want out.

How does recycling cans out way extreme cruelty?

How does it work that the jury should, at the killer's request, think of her family when deciding her fate? When did the killer worry about TA's family?

The thing is this is not really finding for death. By saying they are death qualified, Finding premeditation and felony murder, And the death qualifier cruelty. She should get death. They should be deciding today if her mitigating factors outweigh aggravators and show her mercy.

She has already essentially been qualified for death penalty.

Found out WHERE???? My daughter lives in London!!!!!!!!

Woolwich I think. Utterly horrific

Ok I read that wrong, its all over the news :cry:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

WTF is up with that what ever he's called, deputy I guess, standing there laughing with the murderer?

Maybe it was the book club idea. I know that would have swayed my vote.

No, it was the proposition that she would teach Spanish to the inmates-she apparently forgot that the jail population there is 90% native Spanish speaking...:facepalm:

ARGH!
I tell myself LWOP, 40-50 years in jail will be hell, but she's so smug and EVIL, if she doesn't deserve DP, I don't know who does.

Attachments

• survivortshirt.jpg
    survivortshirt.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 17
I did not hear that. I heard from the judge, We are not able to reach a unanimous decision. I hope you are right, but ....

The judge did say it like that.

However, the Maricopa Cty. Twitter feed says this:

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 37m
Jury's question is what to do if they can not reach a verdict #JodiArias Judge is giving them further instruction

Dan Abrams ‏@danabrams 1min
If #JodiArias jury is hung, state shouldn't spend resources to retry penalty phase. Make a deal that takes parole off the table

I FIRMLY DISAGREE. JSS will give her life WITHOUT PAROLE...she has seen her lie and commit perjury on the stand. She will not be givinb her chance for parole. So what does the state have to lose? They can re-try this part and possibly get death verdict second time around.

I really striggle with the death penatly in all ases..although I do beleive in it. When I thonk JA will not kill again, I am reminded of Micahel peterson...that he killed two women 20 yeasr apart. And when I watched JA's "plea for life" I had to fast forward. I could not stand to listen to her and the book club/recylcing, doemstic violence pitch. And her showing the details of her life in photos with telling us s why she has red hair. I just could not take this idiot. And after the media blitz...she will never learn...and she is dangerous beyonds words. It is a sad day to conclude that her life has no meaning...but there it is. Even if they give her the death penalty and she wins an appeal..at least she will be on death row for a long time. ,...and her activities curtailed. I hope they vote for the death penalty although it's a heavy burden for the jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela