Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I love this! Ryan Owens is my hero! I wish ap!all the interviews could go like this and maybe she would shut her gross diseased trap!

OMG! He was awesome! He went where no other reporter dared to go!
"I didn't know you were a hater". Oh, Jodi, that ruffled your feathers up a little didn't it!! GO RYAN!!

a jurior the foreman quit in scott peterson[/QUOTE

I don't think he quit, but was dismissed.......

OK, found this

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138125,00.html

A second juror in Scott Peterson's (search) double-murder trial was tossed out Wednesday, a day after another was dismissed and replaced.
Judge Alfred A. Delucchi (search) wouldn't say why he removed Juror No. 5, the foreman, from the panel and replaced him with an alternate, a man in his 60s whose future son-in-law owns a restaurant once owned by Peterson and his murdered wife, Laci. The bizarre twist was only the latest wrinkle in an already drama-filled case.

SNIPPED

Hats off to Ryan Owens of ABC who hit a solid home run with his hard-hitting-no-softball-questions interview with Jodi Arias.

He was really great with those questions. I only hope if she gives anymore interviews there is another reporter to hit her with the hard ones. (questions LOL)

Per Co Atty's office:
#jodiarias jury deadlocked in am
*Judge tells how2 proceed
*Jury hangs - Co Atty may pic new jury
*DP phase do over

***From Live Streaming site tweets.

No!!!

Does anyone know the court schedule??? I will be driving all day tomorrow (to Toronto) and heading home on Tuesday. Are deliberations scheduled for tomorrow if the jury proceeds until hopefully a verdict?? Are they planning on deliberating Friday if they are still discussing it among themselves?? Monday, for sure a day off. Just hoping I won't be driving when and if this jury returns with a verdict.

Shout out to any Canucks - I will be staying near O'Connor and Woodbine Roads. Anyone close to that area???

I'm close enough, maybe 30 mins away by public transit at Bathurst and Lakeshore if you need me. I can PM you my contact info if you want. The Beaches are lovely. Probably my favorite Toronto hood. Hope you have an amazing visit!! Let me know :seeya:

You still have friends??? I lost all of mine during this trial :floorlaugh:

This group doesn't know my obsession. Only my CLOSE friends know about my problem. They actually leave me alone during a trial obsession. No lunch invites, no phone calls, or if they do they apologize profusely. LOL :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

No, but thanks!!! I have 3 sets of Aunts & Uncles and about 20 first cousins. Had a 4th set, but they are deceased. Been going there all of my life, most every year, some years up to 3 - 4 trips. It is about 550 miles and I am driving my 92 yo uncle and 85 yo aunt to visit another aunt who has terminal cancer but is doing reasonably well, not currently under treatment. Was there 3 times last year, during her treatments. But thanks again, I have 2 sets of aunts & Unc's right in that area and 3 cousins. Just curious if any Sleuthers would be in that neighborhood. :seeya:

Have a safe trip and I wish you and your relatives good health, especially your aunt!

Crikey..

I'm way back in thread but Fox news just indicated that London attack was actually a BEHEADING of British Soldier on London Street!!

I'm sorry O/T (but we're kinda going in circles anyways) I just wanted to get word out!

Now we're talking! Put her in carbonite and sell her to Jabba!

Wait. Really??? Do they get conjugal visits on Death Row? I know some prisons allow them for married people who have a chance to get out of prison, but I thought people w/ life sentences or on DR aren't allowed? I also thought the prisoner had to be married or living w/ the person for a certain period of time. Yuck I personally don't think conjugal visits should be allowed at all.

He didn't have conjugal visits....found a secluded corner in the visitation room and...

Squeezed in some real life instead of sitting around the house. Please forgive me if this has been said---

I think JW may have gotten to a juror or 2 when she said they didn't need to kill her, you don't have to kill her, etc. It was meant to make the jurors feel guilty and hesitant for "killing" JA. I think it's a straw man, and the resort of a lawyer who knows there isn't any logical reason to find mitigation. moo

OT, kinda. While I was out I got a text that the gov of my state gave a stay of execution for a mass murderer. I read his reasoning and I am absolutely disgusted. He acts as if the crime happened 40/50 years ago and not in the late 90's. The anti-death lobby always picks the worst of the worst to make their poster child. ugh

An adenoid is a useless gland. I'm a useless man. Subtle distinction.

You are not in the least useless. We all thank and praise you for keeping WS running for us.

:yourock:

It seems she is really clueless as to how she is perceived by 99% of the population. Has everyone somehow kept that from her?

She's more than fully aware. That's just her saying up yours. It's gamesmanship.

He was really great with those questions. I only hope if she gives anymore interviews there is another reporter to hit her with the hard ones. (questions LOL)

It would have been nicer had he said in response to being a hater "why yes I am".

An hour and a half to go till the end of the day. I think we'll hear from them before that....

It's possible this was just a run of the mill question regarding jury instructions from #18 and the judge read it as they were hung and called them in. Usually, jury questions are handled in chambers and sent back. That she called them in to answer them may have confused them until they realized they thought the question meant they were hung. It's also possible #18 thinks he could possibly not give her DP and wants to know what they should do if he decides that.

Just spitballing here because it doesn't make sense to me that this jury would decide after such a short amount of time that they were deadlocked.

Ok now that I have seen the actual question it sounds like they had indeed decided that they could not agree and juror 18 (foreman?) wanted to know how proceed. The judge calls them in and asks them to please try again and they go back and try harder, realizing how important it is that they come to a unanimous decision, seeing they may have given up too soon. They may now all be stating their reasons for why they have decided they way they have.

Either way, I hope they reach a verdict. It's just too important that all this ends and the Alexanders get back to their lives.

I am confused: these two posts contradict each other. Are they really from the same poster?

they're probably like mine. if they're not into it, they just kind of give you the side eye and stay away a little. :floorlaugh:

i had my best friend down during closing arguments. she is not a trial person. she's a real person with a job and a life, unlike me. LOL. i just got an email asking me what's happening with the trial. so sweet of her to ask because i know she thinks it's crazy but she loves me so she pretends to be interested!!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I know--all my friends are normal people with jobs, too! They know I'm a weirdo, so there's nothing to hide. :floorlaugh:

This group doesn't know my obsession. Only my CLOSE friends know about my problem. They actually leave me alone during a trial obsession. No lunch invites, no phone calls, or if they do they apologize profusely. LOL :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Well done! You need to share your training techniques with us.... :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member