Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not working for me. Still smoking cigs and the ecig. I blame this fk'n trial!

OT: I switched January 10th ......and the trial? Well, quitting was more important, but I DID order more efficient cartomizers, eGo C twists, bunches of different e juices(70/30). Even rebuilding my cartos.........it's kinda weird, like collecting paraphernalia and having a ritual for green leafy substances :floorlaugh:
But......YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Don't give up! :rockon:

Are the Jurors going to stop for the day at 4:30? It's 4:22 now.

Well, I only have one good thing to say at this point - At least I only have to follow HLN for another 7 minutes, Gawd these TH's!

i'm starting to warm up to the 'question on jury instructions' theory. and knowing it took scott peterson's jury over 11 hours to give him death makes me feel better. maybe they're not hung and the judge misunderstood the question? it's either that, or she was right. gotta be one of the other.

i'm encouraged that they're still out. tells me they're really trying.

Hubs and I were just discussing this. The judge's response seems to me to be more instructive as if to say IF you can't come to consensus let us know and I will have the attorneys go over the law with you. WE will HELP you with this if you need it. Look at the differences in your opinions and see where they fall according to the law. If you don't understand we're here to help.

I think the media hype as us all on edge because it works to their advantage to have us think they are hung.

This jury has been top notch. I'm not ready to give up on them yet. MOO

I want to go find the person who wrote that and buy her a drink. lol
Much needed reality check for anyone--most especially JA--who thinks that LWOP at Perryville is a cakewalk. Thanks for sharing the first hand account of someone who has had the unfortunate experience of doing time in Jodi's future home.

Referenced Post:

Originally Posted by discogirl
Just saw this on FB from The State Vs JA & it made me feel better:

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial

A message from a member of this page. I've copied it out verbatim but have left out the poster's name. If you wish to come forward, please do so in the comments:

"I have unfortunately been in prison where she will go, and TRUST ME!!! She will NOT be the Predator..she WILL be the Prey!!! Prison is WAAAY different than that safe little jail she is in now!!! She's in for a rude awakening!!! And what she said about starting programs and clubs and helping the "illiterate" inmates..NEVER going to happen!!! She's going to be in COMPLETE isolation for AT LEAST five years, and after she manages to "program down" to a lower classification....she still needs to realize that's she's now an INMATE!! The State runs every aspect of your life, so NO she won't be contributing ANYTHING to society!! The closest she'll get is a 50 cent an hour job as a GED tutor..but that will take her YEARS and YEARS to get that "privilege". And her smug, superior attitude she has, all that's going to get her is beaten up and robbed!! So, it would be in her best interest to just SHUT UP FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE and get OK with the fact that as soon as that gate closes behind her at the "Perryville Complex" sign, nobody cares that she's Jodi Arias...for the rest of her disgusting life, all anyone will know about her is her INMATE NUMBER!!!"

Well im going to put my mind at rest today from all of the chaos and watch the season premiere MasterChef ..

Not sure if the judge clarified with the foreperson but from just reading the note from the jury it is not saying they can't come to a verdict.

The judge may have used her own interpretation of the note and thought the jury was deadlocked.

Of course, when the jury comes back w/ a death verdict, all we'll hear from the murderer's camp is that there were some bullies on the jury who persuaded, threatened, forced, etc. the other jurors to agree with them, and that not every juror voted death of their own free will. It wouldn't shock me a bit!

I"m only drinking wine cause everything else I'd rather be doing is illegal.

I think when NG went to the jail there in Phoenix intending to see how Jodi lived and actually talked to the women prisoners, the women opened up to her and answered honestly about their crimes/being away from family. How dumb their mistakes were, impressing Nancy....she probably set these inmates straight on Arias' lies about Travis' murder, too. And Jodi's little commissary funding scam.
Big shot Arias probably told the inmates she would be found innocent and walk out of there, instead she got Murder 1....had to go to the Psych Ward till things cooled down.
She's nothing now except a cold blooded, murdering sociopath acting like a delusional diva, word is getting around about Murderess Arias.

Inside the jury room ---->:pillowfight2: and maybe even :bigfight: and :slap:! But they will :argue: until someone has a :fencefall: and waves the :whiteflag:. Then we will have :scale:!

If not, the the judge will say :werk:!

I was convinced long ago that the primary job of a kid is to embarrass their parents.

And now that mine are kinda adults (24 and 21), it's my turn to embarrass them.....:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I continue to have faith in this jury.....if they can't come back with the death penalty, would it be better if the were "hung"? I'm sure you all have discussed this all day but I'm not sure how much more of Jodi I can take (I truly believe that I would be asked to leave an anger management group :facepalm:)

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m
Sherrifs deputies just went in to juror hallway

Originally Posted by Mormon Attorney
We need to be fair. I have posted this several times, but it applies more than ever now. All of us who believe in the death penalty would be death penalty qualified jurors. That is an ENTIRELY different thing than putting someone to death. The difficulty is that you and I (and probably everyone of those jurors) can sit behind our screens and ask for the death penalty, but it is VERY different being one of the twelve in a small room knowing that you are part of taking someone's life. I think we know enough about this jury by now to know they were truthful, that they have weighed the evidence, and that they are strong. They have faced many hard decisions and made the difficult choice presented to them.

I have been jury coordinator on several death penalty trials. I have had one jury deadlocked. It was as painful for the one holding out as the ones who were for the death penalty. There were many tears and heartache. A jury who goes through this type of trauma together is bonded. They likely trust one another. To be a 'hold out' is a difficult thing - it rests on personal conviction about the case.

Keep in mind two things:
1. Being death penalty qualified does NOT mean you have promised to give the death penalty. Please give these jurors credit. They have sacrificed much and have deliberated carefully on all matters. If one or two believe she is too young to be put to death, they have to live with themselves later. It is important to respect the process. As much as we all sit here begging for what we want, please keep in mind that these jurors are in a much different position. They know that their individual votes will cause life or death. It is a weighty matter for ANYONE with a conscience.

2. Just because they asked what will happen does not mean they are deadlocked. They may be asking what to do.

I trust this jury. I trust the process. I am grateful to know that we have 12 strong jurors on this case. This isn't a decision to be made lightly. I promise you that even if all 12 agreed on death, no one goes home rejoicing. It is one thing to say you want the death penalty and completely another to leave the jury room with the weight on your shoulders that you just put someone to death. Entirely different. I have witnessed it.

I have deep compassion for this jury. They have been through much. My prayers are with them. I pray for the Alexanders that this can end without further trial.

I'm like the fat kid on the playground always running uphill to try and catch you guys ;).

I had to bump this one Mormon Attorney, because it is an awesome post. None of us have any idea what those jurors have been through for the past nearly five months, or what they're going through now. I would hope they would take their time and be comfortable with the sentence they impose. Sentencing someone to death is not a snap decision, and as much as I am hoping that is what she gets, I'm not the one who has to carry the weight of that decision on my shoulders for the rest of my life. I don't envy them.

I admire them greatly, and will still admire them whatever their decision is. They've been an extremely patient and strong jury, and have taken their duties very seriously.

OT question for the Ecig users. What brand do you use? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member