Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too! Years ago I lived in El Paso and we had to pass through the Sierra Blanca,TX station when we went out of town. We did not even have to leave TX! The agent would ask if I was a US citizen and then ask me about fruit and vegetables. He would look me straight in the eye when he asked me. I felt like I was hiding something and maybe I looked guilty when I was not and because I looked so guilty, he might think I was actually hiding something. The only thing we had to remember was to put our gun up on the dashboard so they could see it. I wonder If they still require that? Probably would freak them out now.

I live in El Pisso.....(can you tell I'm thrilled by that?) Been through that checkpoint a zillion times and although never hiding anything, still freaks me out. Sierra Blanca by the way IS the place all the celebs get popped...most recently, Snoop Dog and Willie Nelson among others.

Notice since Steven told the jury he walks up screaming or his wife wakes him up from nightmares....suddenly, Jodi has the same symptoms we are just now hearing when a reporter asks her! Mimicking, mirroring.

OH yeah .. you're right!! I knew that comment bothered me for a reason :stormingmad:

Please excuse me as I rant.
Alright, I don't get it. At all. The interviews. I don't get any part of it. I don't get the interest in talking to the interviewers who spoke with her, or what went on when the cameras were off.

I don't care what questions she was asked, for the most part. She's never going to answer honestly, she's always going to be manipulative, she's always going to blame everyone else. Travis is always going to be vilified, she's going to trash his family, she's going to glorify herself and talk about her legions of fans and how fantastic she thinks she is and what a crusader she is for all sorts of causes. She's going to attack anyone who "challenges" her.

Nothing will ever be different with this felon. She will always be a lowlife. She will always be a narcissist. She will always be a liar. She won't ever feel empathy. She won't ever feel regret, compassion, or any other human feelings. She won't be honest about what happened or what she did. She will always exploit everyone and everything she can. She will always use those around her. She will always be a psychopath. She does not care who she hurts but she cares how much she hurts them and hopes she can inflict more and more pain.

I haven't seen the interviews and don't intend to. I don't care if others do, but I really don't understand it. I don't understand the reporters and news stations tripping over themselves to interview her or taking the interviews when she has her felon friends set them up. This is someone who will always be willing to talk. She will never refuse the opportunity. She's not a special person. She's not an exclusive interview. She doesn't have any big revelations. There is no value in what she says. It's purely self-promoting and hurtful for a lot of people who love Travis and infuriating to those who are sick of this beast. She is boring, unsophisticated, vain, lacking insight, and she's cold. She has no charisma. She has nothing to offer. She is unremarkable. She is pathetic and desperate and should not be rewarded or given a platform or a stage.

I don't understand the supply or the demand for interviews with the murderer and I never will. There is nothing that could come out of her mouth that I want to hear or will ever believe and I won't indulge her with my time. I do think these reporters seem quite proud of themselves for "getting" these interviews. I much prefer to spend my time focusing on the victims, families, and survivors who deserve the time and attention.

:rant:

Addiction to Drama. This is the latest reality show.

Fabulous post! I do not watch her, and I have muted HLN all day, I have opera and Crowded House on my iPod, made up a fresh batch of salsa, just waiting to see verdict on screen while I do Living. All this drama is not getting one more drop of my life, the joy and the pleasure.

Adding to my earlier post below. Added part is in italics

QUOTE=zoozoo;9481108]Don't have all the links and can't get them right now because I am ellipticallling (word or not?!), BUT I have a theory about the jury's ? This AM:

If you watch the judge reading jury instructions on YouTube croakerqueen day 3 part 2 starting at 14 min (final jury instructions), she reads the paragraph quoted earlier in this thread about letting the judge know if they are not unanimous. Here is the quote posted earlier and attributed to azcental although I have NOT been able to confirm it is an accurate quote so please consider that:
The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

IMO the "her" in "... tell the judge her instruction on the bottom of P.10" is a typo and should read "per".

Then watch when the judge gives the final, FINAL jury instructions about the verdict form on YouTube croakerqueen day 3 part 4 (rebuttal and charge to the jury) starting at 10:44- there she describes three boxes for the jury to choose from to check for their verdict (death, life, or "no unanimous agreement").

iMO the jury was going through these instructions and realized that the first part said to tell the judge if they were not unanimous but the second part said to mark the box on the verdict form if they ended up not unanimous. They wanted clarification.

Also, someone earlier posted that they asked "at this stage" in the note to the judge - I think they may have meant "at this phase" - ie during the PENALTY phase ("stage") do they let the judge know if they are not unanimous as they would have done during the GUILT or AGGRAVATION phase ( verdict forms on those did not have a box for "no unanimous agreement" IIRC) or do they check the daggum box on the verdict form?

I think it is a very detail oriented jury and they stumbled upon the conflicting instructions about what to do IF they ever ended up in a position of not being unanimous. I don't blame them for asking for clarification.

Sorry if this is crazy with typos - hard to elliptical and type on iPad "contemporaneously".
[/QUOTE]

Thank you! ;) This is an excellent point!
I think you're exactly right - this jury is detail oriented, and the form/instructions is/are not the same as the others they've submitted - I didn't catch that. They probably did not expect the question to asked in open court (jury asked at least one question before they M1 verdict, that was not).

With this in mind, in my opinion (based on your observations!) it totally can see that the jury could be clarifying the point before they dug in to carefully review what they had to. That makes a lot of sense - especially since the judge had just added a page and read it to them, and they asked this question so shortly afterwards.

And the fact that you can type anything, not to mention a really well thought out point while ellipticalling (works as a word for me) is very impressive!

Re: JVM If ya are watching HLN the parking lot or area around her is empty...Guess people are taking another route..not wanting to be chased down

There's a 3 day weekend coming, so in AZ , since they have a 3 day weekend every weekend, how many days will they take off for memorial day? This is assuming they bump this to tomorrow, then take a recess, late brunch, smoke break, early lunch, siesta, smoke break, etc. I'm seeing this could go on for a bit if they don't wrap it up quick !

I can't figure out what mitigating factors the jurors are giving any weight. The only one I see is the fact that she has no prior record. The jury knows that she either stole her grandparents' gun or Travis's. They've heard about her hitting and kicking her mother, brother, etc. Remember that one e-mail or text where she mentions breaking windows, kicking holes in walls, etc? This jury knows that Jodi should never be let out of prison. I would give that one mitigating factor very little weight. It doesn't even come close to outweighing the aggravating factor of the cruel way she slaughtered Travis.

Since Jodi is so good at Spanish, I wish they would let her do an interview with some Spanish-speaking television station and have it LIVE! They shouldn't allow anyone to say one word of English. I guarantee you that Jodi wouldn't understand half of what the people were saying. Then I think Jodi should be given the right to do sign language for the hearing impaired during President Obama's next speech. Let's see how smart she is! She was really hardworking and a smart businesswoman when she brought in those hundreds of thousands of dollars for Pre-Paid Legal. (Oh, I forgot. She didn't make much money.) She's a failure in life and business!

Any juror who can't vote for the death penalty should never have been allowed on this jury!

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 57s
Sherrifs deputies just went in to juror hallway. #JodiArias

I think this means they're going home for the night ..

Me too! Years ago I lived in El Paso and we had to pass through the Sierra Blanca,TX station when we went out of town. We did not even have to leave TX! The agent would ask if I was a US citizen and then ask me about fruit and vegetables. He would look me straight in the eye when he asked me. I felt like I was hiding something and maybe I looked guilty when I was not and because I looked so guilty, he might think I was actually hiding something. The only thing we had to remember was to put our gun up on the dashboard so they could see it. I wonder If they still require that? Probably would freak them out now.

The only time something like this happened to me was when my husband and I went to Windsor, Canada for dinner. Coming back, the agent asked if those kids in the back seat were ours (they're adopted from Korea and look nothing like us). We suddenly realized we had no way to prove they were ours. Fortunately, the agent let us go. Not sure what we would have done otherwise.

The note from the jury:

"If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision at this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?"

ok. obviously we are discussing two different events today. because I just typed out verbatim the last bit of trial aired live today.

they came back and told the judge, they are unable to reach a unanimous decision. that is where we are at now. unless ive missed something, which is possible.

:)

"I have received your note that you are unable to come to a unanimous verdict." start watching at about 4:20 Jodi Arias Deliberations - Part 2 - Possible Hung Jury http://youtu.be/bXvcrEx9T7Y then JSS says "I have some suggestions to help your deliberations".

not trying to argue....

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m
Sherrifs deputies just went in to juror hallway

Gauntlet I respect you very much! You are one of my favorite sleuthers!:seeya:

I cannot get over what the jury does know...
Verdict 12 - premeditated M1
Verdict 12 - Especially cruel

I'm might just be a little old school, like medieval old school. :blushing: I do not know the Alexander's, but they have demonstrated the nothing but the true definition being the of the salt of the earth, and I want nothing but justice for them. With everything that is happening in our society today, I feel strongly that every jury should know that they are responsible for setting the precedent for future cases. This case causes a social FEAR because of the "what if it happens to someone I love."

Jodi did not play the "I might have some BPD, or a touch of some mental heath issues." She went straight for annihilation of the victim, and thinks its ok because she has a defense that says its ok. I was fortunate to have parents (that are by no means perfect!) that taught me right from wrong, and when I thought I was smarter than them I had other teachers in my life that taught common sense. Jodi is a product of our vastly changing social environment where there is no accountability anymore. If a jury isnt able to give the maximum punishment for one of the maximum un-holy's, were in for a bumpy ride. I know that the DP is not a part of every state's law, but she left the comfort of that state behind when she went on her mission to AZ...:moo:
BBM

We have the death penalty in California.

California’s Death Row is the largest in the country with over 700 condemned prisoners.
2000 - Two voter initiatives add another 3 special circumstances to California's death penalty law, for a total of 39 death-eligible crimes.
Location of Death Row/Executions:
Men: San Quentin State Prison, San Quentin, CA
Women: Central California Women’s Facility, Chowchilla, CA

JVM always has this look on her face like she's trying to thrust her face through the screen to make a point.

This is why I will not own an "adult toy"--my monsters will find it & present it to my MIL during a visit, I'm sure. They have previously taken a box of tampons to throw all over the floor to play with, and taken a pair of my hubby's underwear & thrown them by the front door. His coworker came to the door & my DH's underwear was right there in plain sight. (That one WAS funny, though!)

:floorlaugh:

My middle daughter, age 4 or so... one day she came running to me...
d- mommy, mommy come quick, there is something weird in the toilet.
m- what is it.
d- it looks like a tea bag.
m- I go upstairs and flush the toilet. (the tampon hadn't flushed all the way)
d- What was it monny?
m- Nothing. lol

Same daughter age 7... she comes in the house with a few friends and they all go into the bathroom and I hear them saying ...ewww, oh man, what is that...cool! I went up there to see what was going on and they are looking in the toilet. I look in there and it looks like a bunch of melted crayons! Turns out the the youngest went to the bathroom and all she had eaten was gushers and it came out looking like melted crayons. :floorlaugh:

JVM needs to get with the program, and stop inflaming everyone, since, after all these hours, it's plain that the jury is taking its sweet time. I freaked out myself ("freak out first, ask questions later" :facepalm:), but it's evident that the jury was just clarifying their instructions.

I'm watching something else, and will keep it tuned to WS for updates! :rockon:

snipped by me

And JA went on to say in the interview that she feels only love and support and is not aware of any hate. Then HLN commented JA had so much mail in her cell at one time that the jail had it removed. Of course, we don't know that some of that mail was hate mail. We can only hope.

Yea JA has no clue, like OJ didn't. Funny true story, interview on PUBLIC golf course, removed from private one forever, OJ stated in a interview on this PUBLIC golf course, about how his public and fans love him. Flying in the background in the air was MURDERER MURDERER MURDERER. Friend of mine owns that air advertising business and new I'd love it, and somehow it was on the news. Life is what you make it.

Hey, y'all Canadians. What was the case where the woman had a baby by an American father, and got out after murdering the father and got the baby back? All after she was supposed to get life.?

the movie was 'Dear Zachary'.
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dear_Zachary:_A_Letter_to_a_Son_About_His_Father"]Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Lol, this is me:

Doctor: Do you drink?

Me: No, I used to...Well, occasionally, on holidays....Sometimes on weekends.....I might buy a bottle of wine after a long day....Yes, I'm a total booze hound.

As Willie Nelson says

I gotta get drunk, I just can't stay sober
There's a lot of good people in town
Who like to see me holler, see me spend my dollar
And I wouldn't dream of lettin' 'em down
There's a lot of doctors tell me
That I'd better start slowing it down
But there's more old drunks than there are old doctors

So I guess we'd better have another round

The only time something like this happened to me was when my husband and I went to Windsor, Canada for dinner. Coming back, the agent asked if those kids in the back seat were ours (they're adopted from Korea and look nothing like us). We suddenly realized we had no way to prove they were ours. Fortunately, the agent let us go. Not sure what we would have done otherwise.

Good old Windsor. More trucks than people there. lol.

working my way to

Human+Picture+119.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members