Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I get this in before it locks:

My plan is turn off HLN, turn off all the shouting heads who know absolutely nothing about what is going on. Go have a good meal, watch a good movie or tv show, hang with friends and family, and just don't obsess about this until tomorrow.

Peace, friends.

I think it started with the are you a boy or are you a girl question a few hours back.:waitasec:

Am I a boy or a girl?

Why, yes, I am.

"I'm Pat."
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onQmhT5K2Dw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onQmhT5K2Dw[/ame]

Thank you! ;) This is an excellent point!
I think you're exactly right - this jury is detail oriented, and the form/instructions is/are not the same as the others they've submitted - I didn't catch that. They probably did not expect the question to asked in open court (jury asked at least one question before they M1 verdict, that was not).

With this in mind, in my opinion (based on your observations!) it totally can see that the jury could be clarifying the point before they dug in to carefully review what they had to. That makes a lot of sense - especially since the judge had just added a page and read it to them, and they asked this question so shortly afterwards.

And the fact that you can type anything, not to mention a really well thought out point while ellipticalling (works as a word for me) is very impressive![/quote]

And here I thought OP was playing with ellipses. I didn't see any and was confused. Heh. Seriously! This drama is scrambling my brain.

They are hung up on her mental issues. I'm sure of it.

If they give her life and the judge makes it LWP and they get a load of everything she's done since the verdict and how she's done it, how quickly after the verdict she did it and what she looked like while she did it, they are going to have some mental issues of their own.

If you want to keep hanging out, please join us in the Sidebar Thread for the overnight conversation!

Sidebar Thread Here

With the jury gone for the day, we will be locking up & cleaning up here in 5 minutes or so. Start moving it on over, peeps, and see you in the Sidebar soon!

Gentle reminder....

Basilcat my heart goes out to you. I cannot imagine the hell you have gone through. I'm also Canadian and decided when Karla Holmolka walked free that there was something severely wrong with our system. An accomplice to a man who killed schoolgirls, she also played the abuse card and despite helping her killer husband Paul Bernardo kidnap, rape and kill the girls (including her own sister!) she is now a free woman. Proper justice would have seen the killer on death row and her in prison for life. Since that total miscarraige of justice, I strongly believe that we need to reinstate the death penalty for people like Paul Bernardo and no sweetheart deals for people like Karla Homolka. I cannot imagine losing someone I love to murder then have insult to injury by seeing the remorseless killers walk free. Stay strong and remember that Karma is a real b**** and they WILL get theirs one day. I truly believe that.

Jodi HAS to pay for the evil she's done. I have faith still that this jury will come through. Hoping there is just one on the fence who will be persuaded. I think going through those autopsy photos could help someone who's on the fence remember just how evil Jodi is and give her the DP.

Thank you moonshine...
In our case the killers did both get life in prison ( which in Canada is questionable)....death was more appropriate...
Without going into too much detail ...our girl was tortured and killed by a couple with a baby and another on the way...
She was murdered 20 days after her 20th birthday after being stalked by a co worker who had known her less than a month...
There were 42 court appearances before the trial was to begin as the murderer's fired their lawyers countless times etc.
Because of a publication ban , the true horrendous ness of our dear girls death was unpublished...the couple were compared to Benardo/homolka
One pled guilty two weeks before trial started and the other pled guilty on the second day of the trial... At least we were spared the full impact...
Both received life in prison with no chance of parole for 25 years...
We were able to share our victim impact statements and made a plea with the judge to keep the records of the trial sealed in order to try to preserve the dignity of Jennifer's life...
We live with true PTSD, but we will persevere, honouring our dear girl's memory...always outweighing her smile and sheer goodness against the darkness of those that murdered her...
Anyway... I feel strongly for the Alexander's...for Justice...for all of us that care...
And even though I have been in the depths of sorrow and sadness...I know there is good in the world...feel a certain warmth on my shoulder in the sunshine...hear an echo of a laugh in the wind...and, as hokey as that may sound I know that love never dies...and justice can prevail...

...sorry for the novella...just feeling extremely emotional right now...
Justice for Travis...may the bell toll for Jodi...

OT question for the Ecig users. What brand do you use? TIA

I've been using the Volcano Inferno for over a year now. Love it and use it everyday in place of regular cigarettes. I've only had to replace the carburetor (the part that makes the vape) once, batteries twice. I go through about $28 of e-juice a month (shipping included, and it's made in the USA). That's a lot cheaper than a pack a day and healthier, too.

O/T....

I think it's electronic cigarettes, smoking air vapors instead of cigarette smoke.

I quit cold turkey eight years ago but only could do it with taking a week off work and telling all my friends and family to expect absolutely nothing from me the entire week.

I pretended I had the flu when the cravings were super bad and that really worked for me. Got SO much easier after four days! However you try to quit, good luck! You can do it!

I don't like cold turkey, nor a grease fried one, opps...blonde moment? Tried to quit, at the beginning of football season...wrong. Bought TWO Cartons total was beyond dumb, told customer & clerk, cheaper than a divorcee. It was after zip for four months and I'm a light smoker. Kudos to you!

Hey ALL!

Here's some food for thought...

The convicted killer formerly known as the defendant may very well become the new Oprah of the Cell Block but...

I'm heading out to happy hour with friends...
Some of us will have a lovely evening with a glass of wine and a bubble bath ...A delicious dinner in or out..
This summer we will all attend weddings and graduations and take beach vacations and take our kids to amusement parks ...
We will watch our children and loved ones grow and thrive and enjoy life and the freedom to do whatever they want. They and we will have babies... get engaged and fall in love ... go fishing ...rescue stray dogs and cats ... We will love and be loved... and choose our own destiny.

Pasty Opruh will do none of it!

Thanks for the reminder :seeya:
As I sit here munching on a Caesar salad (with bacon chunks!) and get ready to eat my fresh turkey sandwich, with my pups laying on the couch next to me and my hubby home safely from work, I am thankful to remember to have some perspective.

NotMyselfNEMore
user_online.gif

Thank you! ;) This is an excellent point!
I think you're exactly right - this jury is detail oriented, and the form/instructions is/are not the same as the others they've submitted - I didn't catch that. They probably did not expect the question to asked in open court (jury asked at least one question before they M1 verdict, that was not).

With this in mind, in my opinion (based on your observations!) it totally can see that the jury could be clarifying the point before they dug in to carefully review what they had to. That makes a lot of sense - especially since the judge had just added a page and read it to them, and they asked this question so shortly afterwards.

And the fact that you can type anything, not to mention a really well thought out point while ellipticalling (works as a word for me) is very impressive!
And here I thought OP was playing with ellipses. I didn't see any and was confused. Heh. Seriously! This drama is scrambling my brain.

Hope I am allowed to post this, but here is an account of Debra Milke's experience in Perryville maximum security prison:
[ame="http://openline.medialine.com/showthread.php?t=43727"][CrimeFileNews] Debra Milke’s 23 Years of Hell on Earth - MediaLine's Open Line Forum[/ame]

I hope this is what CMJA has to look forward to.

My stock is answer is ..

Do you drink?
Yes, I drink occasionally
What do you mean occasionally?
I mean I drink only on days that end in the letter "Y".

Mine is:

I don't drink any more.
I don't drink any less, either!:floorlaugh:

I'm close enough, maybe 30 mins away by public transit at Bathurst and Lakeshore if you need me. I can PM you my contact info if you want. The Beaches are lovely. Probably my favorite Toronto hood. Hope you have an amazing visit!! Let me know :seeya:

Sorry, real life took me away, I will send you a PM shortly!! Thanks.

Thank you moonshine...
In our case the killers did both get life in prison ( which in Canada is questionable)....death was more appropriate...
Without going into too much detail ...our girl was tortured and killed by a couple with a baby and another on the way...
She was murdered 20 days after her 20th birthday after being stalked by a co worker who had known her less than a month...
There were 42 court appearances before the trial was to begin as the murderer's fired their lawyers countless times etc.
Because of a publication ban , the true horrendous ness of our dear girls death was unpublished...the couple were compared to Benardo/homolka
One pled guilty two weeks before trial started and the other pled guilty on the second day of the trial... At least we were spared the full impact...
Both received life in prison with no chance of parole for 25 years...
We were able to share our victim impact statements and made a plea with the judge to keep the records of the trial sealed in order to try to preserve the dignity of Jennifer's life...
We live with true PTSD, but we will persevere, honouring our dear girl's memory...always outweighing her smile and sheer goodness against the darkness of those that murdered her...
Anyway... I feel strongly for the Alexander's...for Justice...for all of us that care...
And even though I have been in the depths of sorrow and sadness...I know there is good in the world...feel a certain warmth on my shoulder in the sunshine...hear an echo of a laugh in the wind...and, as hokey as that may sound I know that love never dies...and justice can prevail...

...sorry for the novella...just feeling extremely emotional right now...
Justice for Travis...may the bell toll for Jodi...

:tears::hug::sunshine:

"An attorney for Jodi Arias could receive an extra $200,000 for his legal services.

The money is intended to cover the extra $100 an hour that Nurmi is due following his denied request to be taken off the Arias case. He makes $225 an hour defending the convicted murderer."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ias-attorney-200000_n_3320906.html?ref=topbar

Does is article mean that Nurmi gets an extra $100.00/hour for asking Judge Stephens to release him from the case (after the murderer was found guilty)? On top of his rate of $225/hr? I guess if so we know why he asked to quit...

This has probably been mentioned, but I just watched JA's interview with Troy Hayden on Fox News and she said, "If I get life I deserve to have a second shot at freedom someday because I know I'd be very responsible with it." I know I shouldn't be shocked considering the source, but WTH! :stormingmad: She deserves???!!! She deserves???!! I am so looking forward to the day that reality bitc* slaps that smug look off of her evil mug. :slap:
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/2...-speaks-out-to-choice-media-before-sentencing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV