Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Drew had a juror on from the Petit case (mom, two daughters raped and killed, dad beaten up, house set on fire).

This juror said there were a couple of jurors who didn't want to give the DP.

She said the other jurors very respectfully and slowly brought them around to feel comfortable giving DP.

She said it took a long time to convince them but in the end all 12 were unanimous for DP.

I bet that's what's going on. We may not even hear today, it may be next week...but I really hope it's today, for the Alexanders' sake especially!

I can't even imagine how traumatic it would be to sit on a jury with a crime of this magnitude. It has to be hard, even when the defendant is a monster. It's easy to say it would be easy when we're on this side of the verdict. It makes me wonder if there is something to the idea of "professional juries"...

This is how the jury questions are usually handled, behind closed doors. We don't get to hear the questions. The only reason the judge handled the last question in court is because she thought they were telling her they were deadlocked and she was giving the Allen Charge. And the only reason we got to see the question ourselves was because "someone" leaked it to Michael Keifer.

SO the Judge doesn't have to bring the Jury in and do the Allen Charge in person? Well...the 2nd Question may have been about them being Deadlocked as well. Please God NO!

I kind of have to laugh at the HLN circus, and their BREAKING NEWS: STILL NOTHING HAPPENING routine.

"Breaking news! I'm gonna have to cut you off, we have breaking news! Let's go live outside the courthouse where our very own JVM is standing with some breaking news. Jane, I hear we have some breaking news from the courtroom. Jane?"

"YES!!! Its me JVM with breaking news! Right now we don't have any news but there is SOMETHING going on. Hold on... I'm getting something in my ear. We don't have any details but something is happening. I'm JVM, I'm outside the courthouse and SOMETHING is happening! JVM LIVE! HLN! LIVE! BREAKING NEWS"

:scared:

man, they showed the judge & then Jodi & her DA talking and then up came the seal again

my heart is flip-flopping

How does the killer look today ? Is a hair washed day???

Juror Question "Do you think anyone will want your donated hair?"

......so I guess the question is:
What was the question?

Hmmm....there's some innate zen like answer in there somewhere...
:waitasec::floorlaugh:

JM looked stressed and his voice sounded stressed when he said "No!"

Elizabeth Erwin ‏@elizabetherwin 19s

Update-the jurors had a question but we didn't get to hear it in open court. #JodiArias

JA didn't have a smile on her face and it looked like JW was trying to reassure her about something. Or that was the way I took it. Perhaps they didn't like the question.

Normally I don't pay a lot of attention to clothing, etc in situations like this but what is up with that...
JA has worn black in every hearing for the last few weeks!
Some subliminal message or did she just run out of laundry soap??

BBM: :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

:waitasec: Maybe she didn't want to wear Maria's flamenco outfits ?

:seeya:

Weeee! I'm taking my new laptop for a test drive and thought I'd toodle by to show it to all my fellow Websleuthers. What do you think? I especially like the custom hood ornament--it's shaped like a VV.

(OT, I know, but I hope the mods won't mind.) Big w to all of you!

Normally I don't pay a lot of attention to clothing, etc in situations like this but what is up with that...
JA has worn black in every hearing for the last few weeks!
Some subliminal message or did she just run out of laundry soap??

What's up with the ponytail for two days in a row now???

"Breaking news! I'm gonna have to cut you off, we have breaking news! Let's go live outside the courthouse where our very own JVM is standing with some breaking news. Jane, I hear we have some breaking news from the courtroom. Jane?"

"YES!!! Its me JVM with breaking news! Right now we don't have any news but there is SOMETHING going on. Hold on... I'm getting something in my ear. We don't have any details but something is happening. I'm JVM, I'm outside the courthouse and SOMETHING is happening! JVM LIVE! HLN! LIVE! BREAKING NEWS"

OMG!!! Just got so excited. Got a text on my phone and it was just to say my cell bill is due! :floorlaugh:

I think the question revealed something TOO specific like, (and this is ONLY an example): "We want to clarify that if we vote for "life" it means the Judge gets to decide parole or no parole?"

They may have even requested that the media/public not "hear" it to avoid speculation of what the decision is leaning towards.

It's a sure thing.

I had to take my kitty to the vet last week - and whaddayaknow - the guilt verdict came in during my absence.

I'm sure I speak for both myself and your kitty cat - "please don't take me to the vet today"!

Like cancer survivors don't go through enough trauma now they'll have to deal with potentially using a savage murderer's ugly hair. The hair must smell of blood too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member