Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven Ensley Jr. ‏@stevenaensleyjr 1m

15 hrs for 1st verdict and everyone panicked 11 hrsfor this verdict patience t

The day of the conviction verdict I woke up cranky. Just after they announced the verdict was going to be read in an hour and a half.... my little Yorkie jumped up on my desk chair ...licked my chin ...and curled up in my lap. He rarely gets up on me when I'm at my desk. This incredibly calm feeling came over me. I started posting in HUGE blue letters that I KNEW it would be Murder 1. I will keep you all updated if he does it again!

Wowzers. That's a whole lotta assumptions going on there.

No kidding...I recall several posters getting antsy and saying similar things during the deliberations in the guilty phase. Sorry the jury isn't conforming to your timeline, how dare they!?

Trying to remember how long the Jury was out when deciding on Murder 1. Anyone?
A little more than 15 hours. By the way, the Wendi Andriano jury deliberated over the course of four days before agreeing on death (they were split multiple times). It took them much less time (some accounts say 15 minutes, while others say around 4 hours) to convict Wendi of first-degree murder than it did for this jury to find Jodi guilty of the same.

I'm praying for the death penalty, but have any of you searched the internet/YouTube for the prison she'll be in, no matter if verdict is life or death? Perryville is a god-awful place...seems they have a horrible roach problem, mold problem, and it's just unimaginable to any of us watching this trial. Oh...no A/C, either. Check out average temps for July in Goodyear, AZ. And in the "winter" (I'm from Michigan so hard for me to believe), but the inmates FREEZE. Not to mention the suicide rate, murder rate (yes, they kill each other). I think it's one of the 10 most dangerous prisons in the U.S. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, guys.

Not in the top 10 most notorious US prisons, but as I wait will research this.
So far:

March 2012 Class Action Lawsuit filed against AZ DOC Director Charles Ryan and Health Services Division Director Richard Pratt due to:

unconstitutional standards of medical and psychiatric care, as evidenced by the doubling of suicide and homicide rates and a number of avoidable deaths in custody.

The lawsuit also challenges the use of solitary confinement for managing the symptoms of mental illness as being particularly cruel and unusual.

IIRC - in this phase of the trial, its on the defense.

IMO thr defense proved nothing to the jury other than smearing Travis, hiring liars, and allowing JA to lie under oath....why this jury is vacillating is beyond me.

"Play the system" in this case has a great deal to do with the lying torture murderess manipulating media and Internet sources throughout the trial and even as I post this, while the jury is prohibited from knowing anything about it.
You can also add dragging their case out for MONTHS, when the prosecution case in chief took 9 days! If that isn't playing the system, then I don't know what is. :banghead:

I LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL!!! :floorlaugh:
It's like a bad SNL skit. Bad robot surgery. It's such a first world problem isn't it? 3/4 of humanity doesn't even have access to Doctors qualified to do surgery and we're suing the robots.

My second favorite HLN commercial is the weird transparent long sleeved shirt you wear under sleeveless items to control arm flab. Cracks me up every time!! :scared::floorlaugh:

I like this Bad Robot:

Bad Robot Productions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bad Robot Productions (formerly known as only Bad Robot) is an American film and television production company owned by J. J. Abrams. It is responsible for the television series Alias, Lost, What About Brian, Six Degrees, Fringe, Undercovers, Person of Interest, Alcatraz, Revolution, and the feature length films Cloverfield, Star Trek, Super 8, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol.

I'm not watching HLN through this and I'm telling y'all it's keeping me calm and chilled about what is going on .. it's a big decision .. and as for JC and her juror watch I think that is so wrong .. and anyway we saw how 'insightful' she was last time. She'd see disunity in a brick wall.

She was actually recounting her previous erroneous story of the defiant female jurors and how maybe they "caved" on the verdict but they still look defiant so they probably won't cave this time. This was last nite. Haven't turned it back on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL!!! :floorlaugh:
It's like a bad SNL skit. Bad robot surgery. It's such a first world problem isn't it? 3/4 of humanity doesn't even have access to Doctors qualified to do surgery and we're suing the robots.

My second favorite HLN commercial is the weird transparent long sleeved shirt you wear under sleeveless items to control arm flab. Cracks me up every time!! :scared::floorlaugh:

OT, but there's currently a horrific case here in Washington State of a botched Da Vinci robot surgery. Doc had (IIRC) two practice sessions with it then proceeded to mutilate a patient.

Clipped from Twitter I hope and pray this is true:

"I have unfortunately been in prison where she will go, and TRUST ME!!! She will NOT be the Predator..she WILL be the Prey!!! Prison is WAAAY different than that safe little jail she is in now!!! She's in for a rude awakening!!! And what she said about starting programs and clubs and helping the "illiterate" inmates..NEVER going to happen!!! She's going to be in COMPLETE isolation for AT LEAST five years, and after she manages to "program down" to a lower classification....she still needs to realize that's she's now an INMATE!! The State runs every aspect of your life, so NO she won't be contributing ANYTHING to society!! The closest she'll get is a 50 cent an hour job as a GED tutor..but that will take her YEARS and YEARS to get that "privilege". And her smug, superior attitude she has, all that's going to get her is beaten up and robbed!! So, it would be in her best interest to just SHUT UP FOR ONCE IN HER LIFE and get OK with the fact that as soon as that gate closes behind her at the "Perryville Complex" sign, nobody cares that she's Jodi Arias...for the rest of her disgusting life, all anyone will know about her is her INMATE NUMBER!!!"

I also saw CMA stick that tongue out meaning she didn't like what she heard. Not one smile or laughter after JW sat down to explain what the question was...Yesterday she was smiling and laughing with the Bailiff talking about pop rocks or whatever...Not today! I did see Juan Martinez smile at Flores.

Thank you for pointing that out:seeya:

Vinnie on HLN Suggested....life row....love it...solitary life just like death row without death....I have said that for years

:therethere: it really hasn't been that long for a Dp decision ...

15 hours for the guilt phase....

I know,,,,I know, and thanks...But, but, but.... It's the hung jury thing that has me freaked.:scared:

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 17m
Passing time with the #AlexanderFamily at the courthouse. https://twitter.com/cshughes/status/337657855073210368/photo/1

Seems to me if they're "passing the time", they're not stressed out. Let's take some comfort from that since JM would have told them the question and whether it was good or bad.

Wow. I was cleaning out my car this afternoon to burn off some nervous energy and I found a blue rubber wristband I've never seen before. It doesn't say "Justice for Travis" - it says "Spirit." But it's the same color.

I'm going to take it as a good omen for today.

If their time is being spent trying to convince other jurors, I think if it hasn't happened by 4 oclock they are going to throw in the towel.

Ok, I am going out on a limb and say what I think is happening. I think there is a holdout but...I think the vast majority of the jury, maybe all of them, is more worried about how their verdict or lack of verdict will affect the Alexanders. They may question if they don't come up with an unanimous verdict then how hard is this going to be and how long will the Alexanders have to go through this phase again. This probably can't be the question and it may not be allowed but I think right now the jury is much more concerned about the Alexanders, not Jodi. Those that want DP may think they should give in to the holdouts wanting Life so the Alexanders don't have to go through this anymore.
Please don't run me out of town! :please: I am trying to do some crafts but I just had to share.

Wendi Adriano's murder wasn't even as bad as Arias's. If jury doesn't come back with DP then I think a juror or jurors purposely lied about DP to get on jury to hang it.

Tempted to agree, except that a juror(s) capable of that level of nefariousness would probably never have rendered a guilty verdict on premeditated murder in the first place.

Hln saying they did an age progression of Jodie arias. If she gets out in 25 years
Has anyone seen it??

Mine's in the next room, too; I call it doing my Websleuths Aerobics...computer/TV/computer/TV; yesterday I came around the corner so fast I ran into my bookcase and nearly fell over my computer chair. My husband calls this doing my "triple klutz."

:)

OMG (I do the same thing)..
I am really hoping jury is going to pull together and make a ruling and after all they have invested see this through to end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV