Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the days when we'd criticize "Dick" Samuels (per NG) for his bumbling manner? When we'd scream ourselves silly that it took Nurmi forEVer to finish a sentence? When we were collectively shocked as the killer sparred with the prosecutor, acting like a petulant child? When ALV presented her one-sided biased irrational point of view? When little miss thang came out of chambers red-faced and slightly teary because she didn't get her way, re: playing snippets of tape versus whole tape?

Things were so much simpler then, and the verdict was a long, long way off.

Now we wait. Now we wait.

Weeelllll, HLN just FORCED me to start watching Housewives of NJ (and I hate THAT show too)...AND I am sober (ran out of my box'o wine and DH is bringing some home)...How bad is THAT, lol?

When I hear people say that she "she slit his throat," I cringe... slitting his throat is an understatement... she freaking chased him down as he was dying and darn near sawed his head off. How I took the ME's testimony, is that she had to work at it with strength to accomplish the type of neck injury Travis was left with. That is one of the major sticking points with me in wanting her to get the DP. It takes a very, very savage animal to do the things she did...

Such savagery is NOT acceptable...

Wendi Adriano's murder wasn't even as bad as Arias's. If jury doesn't come back with DP then I think a juror or jurors purposely lied about DP to get on jury to hang it.
I doubt that Joe Andriano's family would agree with your characterization of their loss or the heinousness of Wendi's crime. Still, no two juries are alike. Twelve different people, 12 different personalities and backgrounds. I don't get why you automatically assume that any one of the 12 has a hidden agenda. These folks have given almost six months of service to this case. They've convicted Jodi of first-degree premeditated murder and seven also found her guilty of felony murder. All 12 agreed that she was also guilty of murdering Travis in an especially cruel manner. They deserve our respect regardless of their decision. My opinion only, but the jury bashing on this thread is blowing my mind.

You know, I realize the DP is a heavy decision for the jury... but isn't it as much an objective vs. subjective decision? Aren't the lega; qualifications spelled out clearly, and if they feel the criteria are met, it's just the law that they find the penalty to be death?

I don't want them to feel like they are just deciding whether to kill JA or not, as Wilmott tried to guilt them with in closing. But if they follow the letter of the law, it seems cut and dried that they would agree on DP for JA.

As yesterday, feeling much more positive now that the jurors are full of lunch. One characteristic of Fixed Sign Moons: they are slow, determined and deliberate. (The Scorpio Moon is Fixed.) One little factor the jury doesn't know nor care about, the public and trial watchers who just can't bear another dose of the convicted murderer. But our reaction is part of the day's reality, none the less.

Another facet of Scorpio is privacy and secretiveness - not being privy to what's going on inside. My teen son is a double Scorpio and I know this trait all too well.

When I hear people say that she "she slit his throat," I cringe... slitting his throat is an understatement... she freaking chased him down as he was dying and darn near sawed his head off. How I took the ME's testimony, is that she had to work at it with strength to accomplish the type of neck injury Travis was left with. That is one of the major sticking points with me in wanting her to get the DP. It takes a very, very savage animal to do the things she did...

Such savagery is NOT acceptable...

You're so right...

Hln saying they did an age progression of Jodie arias. If she gets out in 25 years
Has anyone seen it??

No, but here's one I did for you:​

JAged_zps65c89b1d.jpg

Earlier today, someone mentioned one of the recent press interviews where CMja says something to the effect that she has not yet thought about her possible execution BUT she HAS thought about the moments when her sentencing verdict is announced? (pardon me if I interpreted it wrong)...I'd like to find the video of her saying that so I can look closely at her facial expression. Anyone remember which reporter she was speaking to?
TIA for any info

Weeelllll, HLN just FORCED me to start watching Housewives of NJ (and I hate THAT show too)...AND I am sober (ran out of my box'o wine and DH is bringing some home)...How bad is THAT, lol?

Watching Housewives of anywhere is pretty desperate.
As to the other stuff ....I'm in the same boat but if I want some wine, I'm going to have to go get it myself.

only the death penalty will satisfy me if that was my son my hubby my brother. they signed that paper that said they would give the Dp if warranted, I dont know what other crime could be worse than what she did and frankly I feel she is a threat to all that crossed her and she probably will sit in prison and search out opportunities to carry out her revenge on others that she feels crossed her. She is a predator I wish Juan had pointed that out why else did she buy that 9 MM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV