Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Amy Murphy interview the convicted murderer last night, it was once again so obvious that when Arias delivers a whopper, not an equivocation but a thumping huge lie, she gulps. This has been true throughout her newscasts as well as on the stand. Like, wow! that was hard to swallow.

And can she start any sentence without saying "Umm" first?????? :banghead:

I think the jury may do it today, in the last hour, DP!

:goodpost:

The jurors must individually weigh aggravating vs. mitigating factors and arrive at their own conclusions.

And they are to consult with each other with a view toward reaching a unanimous consensus as the judge instructed.

But there were no true mitigators.

A juror must feel for CM because of her female status, that is my assumption. If this was a man I wonder if they would still be deliberating at this stage...given all the facts and brutal evidence.

I'm starting to get a bad feeling. Someone please reassure me that the jury won't be hung.

If the jury gets a 4 day weekend while deliberations are in progress, can that be used as an appeal issue? Seems like it could.

Just maybee the jurors want their characters in the movie/book to have a chapter on their fun Memorial Day weekend.
Just joking of course. However this goes I hope they all get to spend time with their families soon.

" BREAKING NEWS" 3 jurors were eating in the cafeteria, and the same female I saw in a previous phase, still looks DEFIANT." - paraphrased from JC. Um, I've heard that 3 times, today. She LOVES the word "defiant," (and to stir the sensationalism pot). Maybe they were just tired and hungry. After all, they WERE in a cafeteria.

I agree. If they are celebrating, it's really short-sighted. Perryville, really any prison, is bad. It's not a college dorm. Her life will be under the complete control of the state. All this control she's exercised for the last five months is GONE. She'll have NO control over ANYTHING. That will be enough to eat away at her. And the living conditions, well from what I have read, are terrible. As they should be for someone like her.

She'll have to completely retreat into her fantasy world in order to survive it.

Just MHOO.

:yourock:

BK said it would take a 'couple of months' to seat a new jury. i think KN and JW would do all they could to slow that down as much as possible. motion for change of venue (very expensive)---the works. i just don't want that to happen. i think a huge mess is coming if we end up going down that road.

I refuse to spend as much time watching this 2nd jury deal, if it happens. It's summertime now (not dead winter), and Ive wasted endless hours watching it rather than cleaning my house, etc. I'm going to be very frustrated if the jury hangs - and I really need to go on with my life! If that makes any sense.

I sure hope this is said and done for the Alexander family first round.

So folks, what's your prediction:

1. Verdict today? YES/NO
2. DP/Life

Glad you asked, I was just thinking about my guess. :) I think death penalty decision today at 3:00 AZ time, which is 6:00 Eastern. Soon!!!:please:

I agree with safie:

This jury has done an outstanding job of evaluating this case, and I would say most of us agree. If it takes them a week to come to a decision....as long as they agree on Death or LWOP ...it will be because they are charged with one of the most profound decisions one can make.

Let us remember Death is a decision EACH juror must make for themselves in order for them to live with knowing they killed someone. I suspect their may be those gung-ho for death and a few that can't in good conscience feel JA is a complete throw-away---no matter how heinous her actions .

None of us know how we would react after 6 months ....and it does not have to be the women having a problem EVERYONE of them has to live with a decision they will own for the rest of their lives.

IMOO I can only pray they will eventually agree on sentencing and it will finally end.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicky Trout