Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 3m

Breaking News: There is nothing noteworthy to report still. :p #JodiArias

I just can't imagine a scenario where I am on this jury, we have already discussed this for 12 hours...and have already discussed much of this for many hours previous...

And I leave today and go home for a 4 day weekend only to come back next Tuesday and discuss it more...

I mean, discuss WHAT more? If you haven't gotten to an agreement at this point, what will a 4 day break and more discussion get you?

So this tells me...something happens this afternoon.

RIGHT??????????????????????

These last couple of hours today are hard I admit...We have a long weekend coming up so it adds that much more pressure. Let's keep the faith and hold on...

I meant they mean nothing as in "they really aren't happening". Half or more of the things JC says, no one else seems to see. She is looking for things that aren't there. :)

And as I stated previously, just MHOO.

Exactly it's been over and over she does that she reports as you say

Complete speculation. We have absolutely no idea what took them 13 hours I think it was to decide guilt. I don't think there were any hold ups I think they went over the evidence and were mostly caught up with felony vs pre med.

I think they are an intelligent strong jury and that there not necessarily hold outs. Just people that want it to be a good solid decision.

I could be wrong but from what I remember hearing about the question that the jury posed to the judge yesterday dealt with something in regards to what should they do if they can't get past or agree at a certain point, what steps should they take or how do they advance past that so as to try and all agree? It might have been wrong but that is the last thing that I heard yesterday (I was busy and didn't get to see if there were any corrections/changes to what was asked) and was basing my speculation on that IF what I heard was correct then I would think that there IS some kind of deadlock atm... And I also said that I was not worried because if there IS a bit of a deadlock, history has proven in past DP cases that juries CAN come to a unified decision, whether it be DP or other. Bored while waiting for a verdict and just stated what my opinion was/is; I never claimed any of what I said to be fact.

It's true, she IS an attorney...So she should know the risks in stating opinions about deliberating jurors, like body language or facial expressions...Then going on live TV to insinuate they're not getting along and things are going badly in their deliberations - when she does not know that at all.
She's also the one who threw a wrench into the trial so big it required her to take the stand.. She went on TV to talk about ~ NOT seeing ANY jurors ~ who did NOT see the prosecutor ~ signing a cane & standing for a picture.
And finally, she verbalized the same negative interpretations of jurors body language & facial expressions during the guilt / innocence deliberations, and was dead wrong. It's not productive, helpful or necessary in any way, and it causes needless anxiety and pain for the family...Yes, she's an attorney, and should be well familiar with how difficult this already is for them, and that she's adding to their pain by always pontificating about how badly things are going for the state and the victims family. It's always one way; never ever does she "opine" that they look united, or even ambiguous...It's always a 'sky is falling' report from her..jmo..

Exactly! And I had forgotten about her insinuations about JM that caused yet another delay in this trial. She's looking for things that aren't there so she can drum up more drama. That's MO anyway. :D

I just can't imagine a scenario where I am on this jury, we have already discussed this for 12 hours...and have already discussed much of this for many hours previous...

And I leave today and go home for a 4 day weekend only to come back next Tuesday and discuss it more...

I mean, discuss WHAT more? If you haven't gotten to an agreement at this point, what will a 4 day break and more discussion get you?

So this tells me...something happens this afternoon.

RIGHT??????????????????????

I'm with you corun... I think today they either reach a verdict or deadlock for real.

CAN YOU GUYS KINDLY STOP BASHING JEAN CASAREZ! It's not funny and it's disrespectful.

The mods have indicated clearly that if we find posts offensive we can scroll past them or report them. We are to respond to the posts and not the posters. I'm not stepping out of bounds here I just want to head of the poster to poster hijinks if possible. Roll and scroll.

I find that JC is almost always wrong. I don't care what her qualifications are but she's like the person that says '2+2=3' or 'the sky is never blue.' She wants to go against the grain just because...

BBM I agree.

If they were that divided and seemed like they were not getting along then it seems like at least 2 groups would form. One side for death one side not. Why would they all be mad at each other right now since there can only be 2 outcomes. I think she likes to create news just so she can say something different then keep repeating we are still waiting.

Where would they find a new jury ANYWHERE that doesn't loathe her? Because of her own vanity she has plastered herself on every major news network. There aren't many people unaware of the girl that stabbed her ex-boyfriend 29 times. I think she dug her own grave with her narcissism!

BK said it would take a 'couple of months' to seat a new jury. i think KN and JW would do all they could to slow that down as much as possible. motion for change of venue (very expensive)---the works. i just don't want that to happen. i think a huge mess is coming if we end up going down that road.

The court's public information office tweeted an update that matched up with the Juror question that Kiefer reported (the "IF" we can't reach a unanimous verdict) not what we saw the Judge say before she gave the jury the Allen charge.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 22 May

Jury's question is what to do if they can not reach a verdict #JodiArias Judge is giving them further instruction

https://twitter.com/courtpio/status/337280598299271168

Saffie-

Very good questions. I asked #1 last night, worded differently.

I was confused over whether being DP qualified means you promise to vote death if the verdict is M1. I still don't know......:waitasec:

And Welcome! Even though you aren't "new"!
The jurors do not "promise" to vote for death. A “death-qualified jury” consists of jurors who are able to fairly consider both execution and life in prison, without strong predispositions toward either, as possible sentences for a guilty defendant. Death-qualified jurors must be able to consider both aggravating and mitigating evidence and to render a death sentence in an appropriate case. That isn't the same as "promising" to vote for death.

Jurors are questioned about their death penalty attitudes during the voir dire to determine whether they are death-qualified, and dismissed if they are not.

Take a deep breathe and count to 10

OK better now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members