Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 1min
A court security guard opened #JodiArias ctroom door. Told media standing, "nothing is happening, go sit down" then closed door

Lurker here! I have been reading this forum forever and wanted to address something that keeps running me around in circles. I hope it makes sense. I firmly believe JA is guilty. I look at Travis's picture and I get so mad and sad. (That's putting it mildly) I believe in the DP for killers such as these but I don't like the endless appeals process. With that said, since there was so much left out of the thousands of emails, texts, IM's, etc, how do we know for sure that some of what JA said about Travis is true? Everyone on this board is so absolutely sure about her lying and I do to; that is why I am so confused. How can she so emphatically state that the stuff is true without providing evidence? I am not one of those people that can watch JA in that courtroom and know that she is lying, seething, happy, sad. I am not made that way. How can you people read that about her? It is fascinating to read but I cannot see what you see.

So my question to anyone that wants to answer, how do you know? Give an example of something that has gone on that gives you that 100% feeling that she is lying. I have watched this trial for most of it, causing my mind to spin in every direction and that is why this post is so messed up. In one of her interviews, she says something about if you don't abuse me why should you be afraid....(paraphrasing), she says it with such conviction, how do we know that it is a lie what she has said about TA?

If you think I am approaching insanity, well, you are right. But I do wish someone could understand what I am asking and answer me.

Thank you to all WS people. You are absolutely the best. Travis and the Alexander family are so blessed to have you.

I can only answer for myself personally, but I look at the fact that the killer and her defense team had four years to come up with anyone that could corroborate her accusations of physical abuse, verbal abuse, and pedophilia.

Four years. They came up with nothing. They have one email where Travis has quite obviously had it with her and the drama and manipulation.

On the other texts and emails, we don't know if those are all written by Travis, or if they are fabricated by the killer when she hacked his accounts, to make it appear as though he is communicating with her or someone else.

On the texts where I do believe it is actually him responding to her, I can plainly see the passive-aggressive manipulation she is using, having dealt with it myself. Most of us probably have dealt with someone like that at some point in our lives.

They could not find a single ex-girlfriend who could corroborate that Travis was abusive. They had one ex-girlfriend and they twisted her testimony and emails to their use, even though it was such a mild thing to accuse him of - being horny. He didn't rape or abuse her and she was clear about that.

They could not find a single family or child to validate her hateful lies about pedophilia. They did not find one single shred of evidence in his home or on his computers of that kind of material.

Compound all these with the lies she has admitted to and was called out on during this trial. The lies she continues to tell to this day, I don't believe anything she says about Travis being abusive in any way. I just don't believe anything that comes out of her mouth. She is an empty shell trying to fill herself with words so she can have attention.

Just MHOO.

Maybe it's just a note from the jurors saying they want to continue deliberating tomorrow.

Chelly, unfortunately I don't think so, or it's not good b/c they would have given the advance verdict notice to media and for everyone to gather.

Ok. Got it. Thanks!

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 16s
From hwhat hwild is hearing there is another juror question. Not 100% sure but that's the talk.

It would not. Not at all.

I kind of have to take issue with something: Jurors who vote for death are not "killing" jodi arias. It is true that their vote will lead to jodi arias being killed. But they are not the ones who will kill her. Instead, they may be following jury instructions which state that the penalty is death if aggravators are present and there are not enough mitigators to bypass the aggravators. It's really math, not murder.

i've seen so many defense attorneys use that tactic. i think it's cheap, but hey.....whatever works, i guess.

Please be the verdict. Least of all for me. For the Alexanders who need this phase to end :please:

I believe she can state things as emphatically true because she has convinced herself they are.

I agree. She sincerely believes she was abused by Travis and "betrayed" by the jury. I do not know if she has ever taken a polygraph, but I'd have no problem at all believing that she passed it with flying colors.

I'm wondering if they're just asking about finishing up today and possibly coming in tomorrow?

:truce: I'm changing the Juanettes Kickline from DP to JU => Jury Unanimity. I will be fine with whatever this jury decides, as long as they are unanimous! I can't imagine the Alexander family having to endure another several weeks of trial with a new penalty phase jury. :(

Again, everyone's invited to join... NO AUDITION NECESSARY!

So far, the kickline members are basilcat, EGirl, rose222 (granted special permission to dance out of sync in the wings), scorekeeper, and me. Please correct me if I missed anyone...

:juanettes: :juanettes: :juanettes: :juanettes: :juanettes:

:juanettes:
I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance :juanettes:

Could they call in the family before publicly announcing a verdict has been reached? Possibly giving them a heads up?

No! :banghead::banghead::banghead: I can't take it !
I can only imagine how the Alexanders are taking this torture..
I'm losing it too, Zsa Zsa. I have to keep reminding myself that Travis will get the justice he so deserves. I just know it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela