Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead:Oh gee....new HLN commercial....BadRobotSurgery.com! WTF?:banghead:

I LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL!!! :floorlaugh:
It's like a bad SNL skit. Bad robot surgery. It's such a first world problem isn't it? 3/4 of humanity doesn't even have access to Doctors qualified to do surgery and we're suing the robots.

My second favorite HLN commercial is the weird transparent long sleeved shirt you wear under sleeveless items to control arm flab. Cracks me up every time!! :scared::floorlaugh:

In a 6 hour period how many times does HLN scream BREAKING NEWS?

Commercials are beginning to be a relief from the BREAKING NEWS JURY STILL IN DELIBERATION!

Turn that crap off - it will rot your brain!

On the NG show, do they still ask about her twins? That used to be a requirement to get through to her show at night.

I always have to mute callers that start out with "I've been watching your show forever and ever and just love you."blahblahblah

I'm praying for the death penalty, but have any of you searched the internet/YouTube for the prison she'll be in, no matter if verdict is life or death? Perryville is a god-awful place...seems they have a horrible roach problem, mold problem, and it's just unimaginable to any of us watching this trial. Oh...no A/C, either. Check out average temps for July in Goodyear, AZ. And in the "winter" (I'm from Michigan so hard for me to believe), but the inmates FREEZE. Not to mention the suicide rate, murder rate (yes, they kill each other). I think it's one of the 10 most dangerous prisons in the U.S. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this, guys.

in a criminal case, burden of proof is on the prosecution who has to prove that she is guilty. they did just that...over and beyond and then some..

other than that I agree with you. there were absolutely zero mitigating factors. in logical world, the defense failed on that.

IIRC - in this phase of the trial, its on the defense.

I don't know why, and I really really want to know what the question was, but way more than that, I am incredibly grateful that for once the court's business is being conducted with discretion and dignity rather than being fed to the public like popcorn at the circus.

It's killing me, but I can wait to know.

I think i want to know why seal the question more than what was the question :seeya:

Over 10 hours for deliberating. :facepalm:

I forget how long it took for them to come back with the guilty verdict. Anyone remember?
A little over 15 hours for the first-degree conviction; 1 hour and 33 minutes to agree the murder was especially cruel.

Over 10 hours for deliberating. :facepalm:

I forget how long it took for them to come back with the guilty verdict. Anyone remember?

As I recall it was about 15 hours, from them getting the case until they notified the judge.

So, ok, juries have been known to take the same amount of time for the penalty as the case. But all the questions signal to me a divided jury.

I just took half Xanax and lit a candle. My heart is breaking for the Alexander family if this does not end, one way or the other, today

Please, dear jury, please!

I'm not watching HLN through this and I'm telling y'all it's keeping me calm and chilled about what is going on .. it's a big decision .. and as for JC and her juror watch I think that is so wrong .. and anyway we saw how 'insightful' she was last time. She'd see disunity in a brick wall.

I replied to a post, with quotes, at 4:15 EST PM and the system told me that it was similar to a post I had made five minutes prior. The only thing is, this 4:15 post is the only post that I've done all afternoon. Mods?

So in the end the "worst" that could happen is she spends the rest of her life in prison. A hardcore prison. Forever.

Respectfully snipped.

I think Jodi is the only person who still does not grasp that fact. She's completely in denial. Ostrich syndrome to the power of vanity.

Notable from her last interviews was the fact that she does not entertain consequences. She has not thought about what the DP actually entails. It's all very well to take things 'one day at a time'. I often wish I could have that attitude and not be such a worry wart.

However, it appears that her current PR campaign has been years in the planning. She knew exactly how she wanted to come across to 'her public'; no visible prison stripes, make-up, allowed questions for the press.

She picks and chooses what defines her reality and ignores that which does not suit her. Prison will serve up a fine dose of reality to Jodi Arias. It will be the biggest eye-opener of her life.

Here's the scene Vinnie. People are gathering, take a look. So, I looked, there were maybe 12 people there. I love HLN, they make me giggle.

Okay so if they reach a verdict, everyone should get at least 30 minutes to get to court.

But I think they gave everyone over an hour for the guilty verdict, right?

My bold. How does Jodi--or any defendant/convict for that matter--"play" the system? They are IN the system, and it's par for the course that they take advantage of the defense, rights, appeals, etc. afforded to them, is it not?

Considering that the DT made so much money on this trial. Can you imagine what they billed the state of Arizona.

Deliberation time to reach 1st degree premeditated murder verdict: 15 hours

Deliberation time to decide aggravation, put DP on table: under 3 hours

Deliberation time so far on life or death: under 12 hours

I feel for them that it's a holiday weekend, but so what if it is. Praying for them to find inner peace about what they are trying to decide.

My DD and I watched that video last night (she had not seen it) and she I SWEAR fell off the couch laughing. The whole interview was a burn.
Paraphrasing:

"Why don't you just go ahead and die?"
Jodi: "What? I don't understand what you are asking"

"Why you look so hideous now?"

"Why are you still talking to the media?"

Somebody could make a freaking hilarious video montage with Ryan Owens' piece of video.

Is there a longer version of this around yet, I only saw the first one .. he is a crack up!

Just for the record my stomach is in knots! lol
Can't wait until this drama of a trial is in the past.

As far as the discussion between the jurors goes,
I find it hard to believe that those in favor of the death penality
could consider being swayed to a verdict of LWP.
Maybe it's just me but those in favor of death, have already
made the decision that is warranted in this horrible crime.

Don't know where those considering LWP are getting the koolade they
seem to be drinking but I find it frightening that this crime is not one
of the worst of the worst in their thinking. I wonder what their thoughts would be if was THEIR loved one that went thru this unbelievable
suffering.

That said, I believe if it's not a death penalty verdict it will be a
hung jury. I can see those for LWP coming to their senses and
going with those that want death for ja, but I can't see the death
penalty jurors changing their mind. They have already made that
big leap for the prosecution, the Alexanders, and Travis.

THEY are not killing ja; they are following the laws of the state regarding
this type of murder. jmo

ITA. DP jurors won't be swayed to give in to this monster having life in prison... On HLN yesterday, they talked about 2 instances of DP trials in AZ - one happening last year and the other being the Adriano case which was the other woman that JM successfully put on death row- and in both cases the jury had come back claiming deadlock, the dynamite charge read to them, they went back and came back some time later with a DP verdict in BOTH cases... So now knowing this (2/2 on DP w/ an original deadlock) it makes the delay in this case, to me, seem more like what normally happens in such cases where DP is on the table... It is only after much thought & a little word/persuading from the judge that those jurors that might have had trouble issuing DP originally finally come to their senses and agree to DP as the appropriate punishment.

Beach
I just wanted to let you know

I did not post what I saw
I love WS to much to get anyone in trouble

Ah, but remember Beach's statement - once the jury is back w/ a verdict & dismissed your door to post will be OPEN!

I'll be anxiously awaiting to hear from you! :)

Trying to remember how long the Jury was out when deciding on Murder 1. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leessa29