Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read sometime w/in the past week that of the last 18 juries (death penalty) in Maricopa County, 14 of them returned the death penalty. (If I recall correctly.) Anyone else read this?

…and 9 of those were for Jaywalking. :gasp: DON'T MESS AROUND IN ARIZONA!!!

HLN believe the juror that looks like JA's mother is the hold up......

on and on and on

She's really stuck on that. I can't wait to see this woman and judge for myself whether or not she looks like her. Every time she says that it's like she's projecting the CK's mother into her. It's creepy to me.

Jody‏@BuckeyesGirl334m
@WildAboutTrial hWild PLEASE do me a favor. Tell Jean Casarez that she is not the JURY WHISPERER. Please she's analyzing their every move!

Wild About Trial‏@WildAboutTrial2m
@BuckeyesGirl33 ok she is sitting right behind me

:floorlaugh:

I went out to do a little shopping. Its raining buckets of water here in the city that never sleeps. I was hoping there was a decision. Lets all say a prayer they get it right.

Earlier today, someone mentioned one of the recent press interviews where CMja says something to the effect that she has not yet thought about her possible execution BUT she HAS thought about the moments when her sentencing verdict is announced? (pardon me if I interpreted it wrong)...I'd like to find the video of her saying that so I can look closely at her facial expression. Anyone remember which reporter she was speaking to?
TIA for any info

It was a female reporter. One of the interviews on the "Night of a Thousand Interviews"

I agree with you! Every dang time I hear her say or "act out" what that certain juror's body language was I just, :facepalm:

I don't trust everything she says. I'd feel better hearing it from Beth. They don't know! Maybe we need a body language expert on the scene lol

There were questions and they're sealed??? What is that about? What is up with this judge??

15 hours for murder one. Around one and a half hours for cruelty.

thanks Celeskitty, maybe I didn't state it correctly but I was wondering what time of the day each of these verdicts were delivered. If you know thanks for responding.

No, but here's one I did for you:

phpC4D7.tmp.jpg

Wow! At first glance, she looks like Mick Jagger.

When I hear people say that she "she slit his throat," I cringe... slitting his throat is an understatement... she freaking chased him down as he was dying and darn near sawed his head off. How I took the ME's testimony, is that she had to work at it with strength to accomplish the type of neck injury Travis was left with. That is one of the major sticking points with me in wanting her to get the DP. It takes a very, very savage animal to do the things she did...

Such savagery is NOT acceptable...

I agree completely.

When this vile creature slashed Travis's throat, she wasn't cutting through soft butter. It took strength & determination to cut through the cartilage of his windpipe - especially after everything else she had already done to him with the other numerous stab wounds. This savage murderer still had enough rage, strength, and bloodlust left to cut through his windpipe.

I'm convinced she did so to silence his cries. It horrifies me, so I try not to think about it.

Jodi Arias is Evil to the core.

Pretty soon Jean C is going to be analyzing the courtroom furniture.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m
@BuckeyesGirl33 i just heard her say on phone interview that there were chairs by the courtroom door? there are no chairs

No kidding...I recall several posters getting antsy and saying similar things during the deliberations in the guilty phase. Sorry the jury isn't conforming to your timeline, how dare they!?

I don't think anyone is saying we need them to conform to our time line the defense has the burden of proof and this phase of the game they have not shown it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Why HLN?
Enough of JC ... Always a gossip-monger and always a downer.
Beth Karas is there too ... People would MUCH prefer to hear observations from Beth.
Beth doesn't speculate or twist things ... Just reports facts.
Greer!!

During the guilt phase nc was giving a similar assessment. And Beth said she didnt notice it but quite the opposite :seeya:

Someone needs to do a flash mob to the music "I fought the law and the law Won" in front of the court house hahahahahha..

Will we ever learn what the jurors' questions were today?

Yesterday, I questioned how Keifer was privvy to one of the juror's questions. Today, I heard that all questions are under seal. Evidently, Keifer either somehow got ahold of one the three questions so far or was told by someone else what the question was and which juror asked it. The Judge might be only allowing certain questions to be made public but I would doubt it. Very strange IMO.

I agree, a "slitting" of the throat implies a swift almost easy movement. She had to use a lot of force, which makes it all the more heinous.

I remember her mentioning something to Det. Flores about her back or shoulder having pain. I think it was shoulder, saying she was in constant pain. I thought at the time I heard that, it was due to the way she killed him, savagely. She put all her strength into the murder.

I posted about this some time ago (it's been a long trial). When Jodi pours water and/or drinks from her cup, she does a weird maneuver with her left shoulder. It reminded me of my pre-surgery days when I had a bone on my shoulder bone that caused pain with simple actions like lifting a hairbrush, blow dryer, trying to curl my hair, putting on a coat, etc.

When I finally saw an orthopedist, my entire shoulder was out of place from the various maneuvers that I made to keep it from hurting so much. I did 8 weeks of physical therapy, but the bone spur was still there and causing continuous pain even though I'd had traction and ultra-sound stimulation on the joint. I ended up having arthroscopic surgery and didn't really need much therapy afterwards because I had already done it prior to surgery.

I think that Jodi hurt her shoulder while she was slicing and dicing Travis but couldn't seek treatment because she would have to explain how the injury happened. :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela