Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
....it was lonely...:confused::confused:
....and my cats just didn't seem to get my repartee...:cat::cat:
They just sat there bathing and then sleeping as I did my lonely dance and drank my lonely wine......:floorlaugh:

:seeya: glad we're together now...

I was over here talking to my computer screen at work when I could sneak on the sound. Telling JA how stupid (and I totally do not use that word b/c I dislike it so) she was for showing the jurors her "Survivor" tshirts. I was over here, hands raised, yelling "You really just did not do that. You are supposed to be pleading for your life, not peddling your bullcrap. How stupid are you!"

One of my coworkers, who are all men---& only paid attention to the sexual parts of the trial----came over & watched with me for a few minutes. He said, "That b is crazy" & walked off.

:facepalm:

Yesterday I asked hWild to retweet that WS was down and someone said he had. I didn't think that he had but just read back on his tweets and can't find that he did . Disappointed in hWild :(

We're here for you as well. Hang in there. :luv:

Hello all :seeya: I am at the cancer unit at the hospital. This is his 4th round of chemo.
I watched none of the interviews and I haven't read any posts today, but I am here waiting for Justice......with the rest of you.

Anyone think it is likely the verdict will not come back until after Memorial Day? They needed 15 hours for guilt....maybe twice as much for DP/Life.

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure we'll get it this week. :dunno:

I was just coming on here to point that out! I'm glad my fellow Sleuthers caught that, figured you would ;)

I could see it in Jodi's face right after she said it that she knew she'd stuck her foot in her mouth.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...to-abc15-as-jury-deliberates-on-death-penalty

I can't believe more media outlets aren't pointing out this VERY big screwup on her part. She basically admits premeditation. It didn't happen instantaneously (like she testified) but built up over minutes...riiiight!! She cannot keep her lies straight.

I'm watching these interviews, and her smiling, smug face......
I'll just say I refrained from typing what I was going to type.
:stormingmad:

Hello all :seeya: I am at the cancer unit at the hospital. This is his 4th round of chemo.
I watched none of the interviews and I haven't read any posts today, but I am here waiting for Justice......with the rest of you.

Oh boy Rosemary! One friend of mine just done with it and another just diagnosed and about to venture down this difficult path! My thoughts with all of you! (my sisters is an Oncology nurse / USC this is all too familiar with me)

I hope you are almost done with the treatment!

I'm tellin' ya, doggone, it's gonna be a serious horse race. I watched her boss's trial, and she is one seriously malignant narcissist. We have yet to see how truly bizarre she is, but once this thing gets going, it is going to be bizarrrrrrrrrre.

:seeya: Thanks Sleuth5 ! And wow -- a serious horse race between JA and AS ... :floorlaugh:

I am planning on watching AS' trial ... and I know very little about this case other than AS's BF killed her husband.

I am looking forward to it !

I have to leave at 3 p.m. EST. I will be on pins and needles. Hmmm I think I know what I will be picturing as I slam each golf ball today :floorlaugh: I think I will go find a sharpie and draw a little face on it.

JA's parents gave up on her. They gave up cultivating their child. Maybe they shouldn't of had kids. Maybe they worked too hard, too many external pressures.
It's called getting off on the wrong foot and never learning a solid foundation.

I'll post from here since JA's friend was a topic.
What really stood out to me, one of another JA Lie told during her allocution <sp?> was when she told the Jurors that her friend did want to come to testify in person BUT she couldn't because both her and her 9 year-old daughter have been threatened if she does.

I was shocked that she was allowed to say that, and if the judge didn't know that was coming she had a duty to tell the Jurors that what JA said is NOT the Truth. She might even have told them that this friend was even allowed to give an off camera, even off audio, to all the way to Sealed testimony only for the Jurors to see. As it turned out JA got to Lie to the Jury w/o anyone following her words. I just don't understand how it was allowed

I couldn't believe that nobody, not one of the many attorneys on HLN mentioned this. I think that was the most Important, possibly an effective Lie told to the Jurors, certainly more than the Lie about 100% of the Proceeds from the T-shirts going to Dom.Violence Org., which was ALV's originally, but now they are refusing to be connected.

Here is a paste direct from her website:

The Survivor T-shirt

Jodi has asked me to post details of the new “Survivor” t-shirts pictured below.

A portion of the profits generated from the sales will support other survivors of domestic violence, and go to Non-profit Domestic Violence organizations selected by Jodi.

The t-shirts will look similar to the following examples:

The t-shirts are available right now, and cost just $15.00 with free US shipping only. For Canada please add an extra $5 for shipping. Also note that no returns or refunds are accepted.

============================================
Another thing I gotta say. How is it that the Alexander Family rightfully have not been allowed to give any interviews during this Trial, and can't until its ALL OVER, yet JA can ?????????
Why has this judge allowed this?, while deliberations are on-going.

Personally, I believe a fitting Punishment for JA is to ban her from giving Interviews. Just like a Parent would punish a child by taking away something they like.
I won't get into all of it, but this judge had given the DefTeam virtual run of the court and trial, and now look how they are spinning it.

I agree 100%, especially about the judge lifting the ban. I too questioned immediately why the judge would lift the media ban for JA BEFORE the punishment is selected/trial is over. The judge had JUST issued the ban a few days after the first degree murder conviction came down but then turns around a week or two later and lifts it before the conclusion of the trial? Makes absolutely no sense.... Could there be some appellate issue that she (judge) came across that she was worried about that if she didn't grant JA access to the media BEFORE the final conclusion/end of trial then it might set JA up for some kind of grounds for appeal down the road? I'd like to think not, but I can't see -logically- why else the judge would lift the ban that she just issued.

Prayers from Alabama for you and your precious son. God bless!

Is the seal always up at azcentral.com when the jury is deliberating?

I may be alone in my opinion but why should her mom get all the blame? Her dad was there all these years too. He had an equal amount of responsibility when it came to raising his family. We don't know what really went on in their household but even if he chose to stay in the background & allow his wife to be in charge he is still part of the problem.

I personally believe that Jodi was the problem,not her parents. I think she was a difficult child,a difficult teenager,and is difficult now as an adult. MOO

she is sorta like a politician who gets caught then wants their job back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801