Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the huge media campaign that JA championed for (and got) last night is PRECISELY why I've argued from the very beginning that the DP is the ONLY appropriate sentence in JA's case. Anything short of DP is a huge loss to both the public and TA's family. If JA were to get LIP, it will extend the amount of time (greatly) that she will continue to weasel into/insert herself back into the media spotlight again and again. She will call up media outlets and claim that some of "the fog" has cleared for her and she has details and (sadly) those outlets will flock to her. There was/is too much public interest in her trial for them not to take her up on her offers every time she has got something karazy to say... As much as we'd like to think that it would end eventually I sadly believe that not to be the case. JA is way too manipulative and sneaky and will get the attention at her beck and call. It will continue this insanity for as long as her natural life gives her on this earth and it will continue to victimize TA's family over and over and over again.... It will be sick.

I'd also like to say that I found a whole hella lot of problems/issues with what she claims that she will do if she would get LIP (in her allocation yesterday). Almost all of the things that she claims that she will do -short of donating her stringy hair (poor kid who gets her hair)- is either a naive assumption if IT is even possible to do type of thing or not possible at all. She made a lot of assumptions on the things she would do in a place that she has NEVER been to or has knowledge of first of all. Second of all, I've read many comments on here stating that according to AZ law if JA were to get life then she would be held in ad-seg AWAY from most all other inmates (due to her sentence and due to her being a high profile inmate) so how in the he77 could she possibly get to any of these so-called inmates that she would supposedly help? And btw, that's IF those inmates WANT her help... I highly think that most people on this earth want to learn how to use PROPER/APPROPRIATE grammar to accurately describe things. We've seen many times while JA was on the stand she misused a word whilst in her own ignorance of thinking/believing she was some kind of grammar genius. We've also seen her make up or slaughter words on the stand as well, again believing she was properly using the correct English version of whatever word she was trying to convey. That hardly sounds like any kind of help whatsoever. She's completely full of it and when it all comes down to it, all she has to give is her hair and to make questionably skilled/created artwork to which she will continue to make for the purpose of selling to comfortably support herself while in prison. AND since there's ways she could still hawk her "artwork" (via thru her sick supporters) and keep the profits all to herself without TA's family or the state of AZ getting a penny of it, all she really has is hair to give. Give TA's family some time to live in peace without JA in the world to bring them down. Put her to death and end this insanity as quickly as possible; as it's NOT going to ever quit unless she's dead. Death is the only thing that will stop her & it'll give TA's family the full justice that they deserve/are seeking.

Lifers who have adjusted to the prison system and don't make trouble are frequently called upon for leadership roles in programming in my state. The reason for that is that it cuts down on training because they are going to be there and because the ones who are looking for something constructive to do with their time are likely to try to do a good job. For example, there are lifers doing AIDS education seminars and assisting in life skills training classes. There's just never enough money for programming and inmates are utilized when it makes sense to do so. Let's say there's a woman who has killed her husband but she's got teaching experience. Why not have her help with teaching inmates who can't read or write? People have a lot of time to think in prison and not every person guilty of murder lacks sincere remorse.

That said, I agree that Jodi is just being manipulative.

Melanie McGuire is serving life.( Suitcase murder )I watched the trial. She was a nurse.

I tried to google it, couldn't find it. But I read a couple yrs. ago, she was teaching other woman prisoners.

Don't be annoyed -- does anybody know if the whole ABC interview is available (all 40 mins?) I lurrrrrved it!!!!!! "I didn't know you were a hater when you came in here," OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH! LOL She was so angry after that she could barely contain herself. I have to see it! In its entirety! I want to watch her seethe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forgive me.

ABC - 4 videos/32m40s
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/jodi-arias-interview-arias-speaks-out-to-abc15-as-jury-deliberates-on-death-penalty

:floorlaugh: Too cute!

Last night you were so adamant not to watch! You're cute. :floorlaugh:

Don't be annoyed -- does anybody know if the whole ABC interview is available (all 40 mins?) I lurrrrrved it!!!!!! "I didn't know you were a hater when you came in here," OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH! LOL She was so angry after that she could barely contain herself. I have to see it! In its entirety! I want to watch her seethe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forgive me.

Hello all :seeya: I am at the cancer unit at the hospital. This is his 4th round of chemo.
I watched none of the interviews and I haven't read any posts today, but I am here waiting for Justice......with the rest of you.

Okay, someone educate me.......what's up with the salmon color?

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 55s
@chicadeal I have only seen hWillmott so far, she is in dark gray suit. No blingage. Medium bald spot.

She told gma that she felt like the jurors betrayed her
Was that a short clip

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 4m
Many have asked about the verdificator text notification system. That was only active for the main verdict. I will be tweeting this verdict.

When asked Tuesday night if she ever dreamed of Alexander, she said that shortly after her arrest, while she was still in jail in California, she dreamed that he was there with her, lounging in “the tank.” When she asked him what he was doing there, he said, “We all have to do time for what we’ve done.”

AZ Republic article

:floorlaugh: Too cute!

Last night you were so adamant not to watch! You're cute. :floorlaugh:

It was entirely your fault, if you'll recall. You convinced me that resistance was futile.

She was an 8th grader. And this parent did.

I can tell you aren't a parent. No parent would ever ask that question.

Wow, hit a nerve here. Yes I am a parent and my daughter is doing just fine and thanks for asking.
Ok 8th grade. I can think of about 6 things I would do.
None of which is calling the police.

Okay, someone educate me.......what's up with the salmon color?

Wild About Trial tweeted some time ago about someone wearing pink in the court room, he was corrected by another tweeter that the color was "salmon" so now most colors he refers to as salmon as a joke.

Well, said. :) The jurors are all human and probably have come in contact with people they know or have known who have similiar traits as Jodie. That along with "thou shall not kill" commandent that sticks in many peoples minds might save her from the DP. IMO

iirc it's actually murder not kill, murder is what jodie did, execute is what she should get, just sayin.

Would someone post a lik to the final closing statement given by Juan Martinez yesterday? I missed it and when I went to YouTube I found several but they weren't his last word. I heard it was good. I don't care to hear what Wilmott said. No one believed her anyway. Thanks everyone.:)

Go to about 32min mark
[video=youtube;-bES5gmW4rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bES5gmW4rs[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads