Penn State Sandusky cover-up: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could say that about any woman whose husband cheated on her.

Sandusky was a master of hiding the truth as are numerous child molesters.

A lot of the women being cheated on also know what is going on but don't want to acknowledge it or get a divorce for various reasons...children, status, money, etc.

Let's say JS was able to hide his activities with boys for some time....we know that at least since 1998 the police, CPS, a DA's office, certain people at Penn St., a school's administrator and a certain mother and child knew about him. Since 2002 more people at Penn St. and 2nd Mile knew. Since the 2009 school knowledge of his visits to boys there, more knew or were suspicious. People talk...if Dottie/Sarge/the boss of the house didn't know what was going on in her own house, it's because she didn't want to know. She's has a LOT to lose in this situation...just like the cheater's wife...IMO

And JS a master? Master of delusion is more like it...a delusion that he is just a 'boy' playing with other boys and thinking he could get by with it forever, because so many people enabled him and protected him for their own reasons. IMO

If he was hiding it so well, why are the feds investigating the school's trustees about payoffs to 'those in the know'? Why are they investigating 'insitutional knowledge' of his activities and cover-ups? Why is the Educational Dept. investigating violations of crimes on campus not being reported? Why is NCAA investigating violations of their rules in the athletic dept.? Why are the feds investigating payoffs to the 2nd Mile?

There would be nothing to investigate if people had not known about it and done all they could to keep it covered up.

I will say one thing...I can't wait for this trial so we can find out what the boys/men testify about concerning Dottie...whether she was present, did not know, must have known or did know what was going on, how she treated and interacted with them, their opinions of her, if any of that is allowed.

And think of the numbers of abused and the length of time...15 YEARS that we know of and all this happening right in her own home, over and over.

If she didn't know, she has to be one of the most naive, most well groomed, most stupid, most blind-sided people I've ever heard of....

I could say that about any woman whose husband cheated on her.

Sandusky was a master of hiding the truth as are numerous child molesters.

IMO, the truth was hidden, ONLY, by others with motives of their own and a callous disregard of the crimes against these children. Parading his victims to team functions and out of town sporting events while raping these children in the shower of his workplace and basement of his home are not the acts of a "master" of deception.

I certainly would not consider sports gear to be inappropriate.

Likewise, establishing an account for a child, as family friends did for me after I was just born, would be inappropriate.
It has never been stated that Jerry was close friends with any of the abused boys' parents. It is very UNlikely that he was close friends with any of the boys' parents.

Establishing a savings account for kids is a great idea IF the parent(s) are told of the account and the parents' names are on the account with the child. Does anyone know if Jerry was the only adult on these accounts for little boys? If he was the only adult on the boys' accounts that he created, his supposed charitable intentions are very suspicious. Jerry could have arranged for the parents' names to have been on those savings accounts if he was so worried about the boys learning to save money.

Unless Dorothy was an heiress, she probably had very little free money and I would guess that she ran the household finances tightly.

What Sandusky had as income is interesting from two points: how believable is the claim that he "retired" when he did to claim a pension privilege that was only available that year, and so how significant was the bonus? (Since it was a State pension, this story seems doubtful and probably public record if it was a general change.)
and, what were/are his resources to spend on seducing boys and having access to them?
[It seems that when he lost access to Penn State facilities he used his home more.]

It looks as though he is getting a very bad pension compared with others, which could imply that there was little financial incentive to take it, although the $148K cash payout might have been urgently needed if Jerry had been running up bills. I haven't found a story on what his salary was in 1999. The pension was $59000/yr. Probably there was an inflation in pay in the 2000s that he missed out on. About the time he quit, he began to receive about 57000/yr from Second Mile. [Don't remember exactly how much.] This might have brought his income up to pre-retirement salary level.
So, who, exactly, paid for his Second Mile "consulting fees"? This is where I would look for a payoff by Penn State or its trustees doing damage control- donations to Second Mile which then were used to make Sandusky go away. Not his victims, him.

Quotes from news stories follow:

When he retired, Sandusky opted to take a lump-sum pension payment of $148,271 from the State Employees’ Retirement System. The rest of his pension is being paid out monthly and is $58,898 annually. [Sandusky worked for Penn 1969-99 30 years.]

Schultz could be far more richly paid. He elected to receive a $421,847 lump-sum payment at the time of his retirement in 2009, after nearly 39 years of service.
[Schultz was paid $320,966 in 2009, so his lump sum was more than his annual income.]

He also receives a monthly pension payment of $27,558 — nearly the cost of tuition for two in-state freshmen at State College. That comes to nearly $331,000 a year.
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/jerry_sandusky_continues_to_re.html#incart_mce

Paterno's pension records obtained Tuesday from the State Employees' Retirement System show his average pay over the past three years was $554,000. He's been in the system long enough to qualify for 100% of that — or 110% thanks to a longevity supplement for older people who remain at work.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-11-15/joe-paterno-pension/51223854/1

Curley and Spanier did not participate in the state pension plan so their amounts are not public.
What Paterno made
http://deadspin.com/5857629/joe-pat...an-the-psu-presidents-and-other-grotesqueries

Paterno's pension records obtained Tuesday from the State Employees' Retirement System show his average pay over the past three years was $554,000. He's been in the system long enough to qualify for 100% of that — or 110% thanks to a longevity supplement for older people who remain at work.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-11-15/joe-paterno-pension/51223854/1
Latest available compensation figures (2010?)
Base compensation Total compensation
Spanier 620004 813855
Erickson 420012 454753
Schultz 296068 320966
Paterno 554136 1022784
http://deadspin.com/5857629/joe-pat...an-the-psu-presidents-and-other-grotesqueries

A lot of the women being cheated on also know what is going on but don't want to acknowledge it or get a divorce for various reasons...children, status, money, etc.

Of course, but they sometimes don't know as well. It comes as a shock. A friend of mine didn't know until she discovered a (minor) STD.

Let's say JS was able to hide his activities with boys for some time....we know that at least since 1998 the police, CPS, a DA's office, certain people at Penn St., a school's administrator and a certain mother and child knew about him. Since 2002 more people at Penn St. and 2nd Mile knew. Since the 2009 school knowledge of his visits to boys there, more knew or were suspicious. People talk...if Dottie/Sarge/the boss of the house didn't know what was going on in her own house, it's because she didn't want to know. She's has a LOT to lose in this situation...just like the cheater's wife...IMO

I doubt that any of them are going to say, "Let's call Dottie."

And JS a master? Master of delusion is more like it...a delusion that he is just a 'boy' playing with other boys and thinking he could get by with it forever, because so many people enabled him and protected him for their own reasons. IMO

If the charges are true, yes, he is a master of deception. He projected an image and created the image of a charitable leader who cared about kids, a great humanitarian.

If he was hiding it so well, why are the feds investigating the school's trustees about payoffs to 'those in the know'? Why are they investigating 'insitutional knowledge' of his activities and cover-ups? Why is the Educational Dept. investigating violations of crimes on campus not being reported? Why is NCAA investigating violations of their rules in the athletic dept.? Why are the feds investigating payoffs to the 2nd Mile?

When there is evidence, I'll agree. Looking and finding are two different things.

Of course, but they sometimes don't know as well. It comes as a shock. A friend of mine didn't know until she discovered a (minor) STD.

I doubt that any of them are going to say, "Let's call Dottie."

If the charges are true, yes, he is a master of deception. He projected an image and created the image of a charitable leader who cared about kids, a great humanitarian.

When there is evidence, I'll agree. Looking and finding are two different things.

Yes, it's somewhat easier for a cheater to hide what he/she is doing since their activities take place outside the home but their behavior usually eventually tips off the wife somehow. It's unfortunate your friend had to find out that way but that IS one of the signs.

JS brought his little boys right into his own home and it's very hard for me to believe, as controlling as it's been indicated Dottie is/was, that she couldn't figure out after a while (with all the presents, trips and attention) that something in his relationships with the boys was just not right. I think she figured it out, that is IMO, and just decided to live with it for her own reasons as suggested above.

I don't think anyone called her...but I think people that had knowledge certainly talked among themselves and possibly to others, and even Paterno acknowledged that he may have heard rumors. These people would have been warning their relatives and friends to keep their children away from JS.

Right, JS did have the good reputation for a long time and had people fooled, but what I'm saying is this started falling apart after the 1998 allegations and certainly after 2002, then 2009. And he got the message...as far as we know now there have been no further claims by boys/charges that apply after that date. He also knew he was under investigation.

On the evidence, I agree but I'm just saying there has to be an indication of some reliable information before Freeh made the referral to the FBI for further investigation. You don't make these kinds of referrals lightly or without some evidence to give cause for the referral. Of course, we'll wait to see what comes from it but such a wide ranging and in depth investigation I'm thinking has a few people shaking in their boots right now.

I'll refer back to Dr. Fessel's post about it also:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7634705&postcount=238"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Penn State Sandusky cover-up: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #8[/ame]

Sandusky to get grand jury records prior to trial

HARRISBURG, Pa. — Jerry Sandusky will get about 581 pages of secret grand jury testimony before the start of his pending trial on child sexual abuse charges, but not as soon as he had requested, under a judge's order made public on Wednesday.
------

Feudale said the disclosure will occur 10 days before the first witness is sworn in, not the first day of jury selection. State criminal court rules say grand jury transcripts are available only after a witness makes his or her "direct" testimony, right before the start of cross-examination.

Feudale rejected Sandusky's request to get the transcripts by Feb. 28, or to get them 30 days before the start of trial. He also turned down the prosecution's request to keep them secret until a week or less before the trial starts...........Judge John Cleland, who is presiding over the case, has scheduled a Monday hearing regarding the disclosure of other material to the defense.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/03/07/3117244/sandusky-to-get-grand-jury-records.html#storylink=cpy

The order:
http://www.co.centre.pa.us/media/up...F GRAND JURY TESTIMONY FROM JUDGE FEUDALE.pdf

Yes, it's somewhat easier for a cheater to hide what he/she is doing since their activities take place outside the home but their behavior usually eventually tips off the wife somehow. It's unfortunate your friend had to find out that way but that IS one of the signs.

JS brought his little boys right into his own home and it's very hard for me to believe, as controlling as it's been indicated Dottie is/was, that she couldn't figure out after a while (with all the presents, trips and attention) that something in his relationships with the boys was just not right. I think she figured it out, that is IMO, and just decided to live with it for her own reasons as suggested above.

I don't think anyone called her...but I think people that had knowledge certainly talked among themselves and possibly to others, and even Paterno acknowledged that he may have heard rumors. These people would have been warning their relatives and friends to keep their children away from JS.

Right, JS did have the good reputation for a long time and had people fooled, but what I'm saying is this started falling apart after the 1998 allegations and certainly after 2002, then 2009. And he got the message...as far as we know now there have been no further claims by boys/charges that apply after that date. He also knew he was under investigation.

On the evidence, I agree but I'm just saying there has to be an indication of some reliable information before Freeh made the referral to the FBI for further investigation. You don't make these kinds of referrals lightly or without some evidence to give cause for the referral. Of course, we'll wait to see what comes from it but such a wide ranging and in depth investigation I'm thinking has a few people shaking in their boots right now.

I'll refer back to Dr. Fessel's post about it also:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Penn State Sandusky cover-up: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #8
BBM
It is extremely disturbing that it appears that the child psychologist who ran TSM and his wife, a school counselor, do not need to shake in their boots. Everything I am reading suggests that this giant investigation is focused everywhere at State College except at them. They HAD the college degrees/knowledge to know or to seriously suspect what crimes were occurring with Sandusky through his contacts at TSM and they were raking in big bucks at TSM.:banghead:

One of these two individuals was likely signing off/approving all of Sandusky's expenses which included meals, entertainment, hotel stays, and "God only knows what else" with young boys. They can't convincingly state that they didn't know he was spending money and too much time alone with young boys.

Unless Dorothy was an heiress, she probably had very little free money and I would guess that she ran the household finances tightly.

What Sandusky had as income is interesting from two points: how believable is the claim that he "retired" when he did to claim a pension privilege that was only available that year, and so how significant was the bonus? (Since it was a State pension, this story seems doubtful and probably public record if it was a general change.)
and, what were/are his resources to spend on seducing boys and having access to them?
[It seems that when he lost access to Penn State facilities he used his home more.]

It looks as though he is getting a very bad pension compared with others, which could imply that there was little financial incentive to take it, although the $148K cash payout might have been urgently needed if Jerry had been running up bills. I haven't found a story on what his salary was in 1999. The pension was $59000/yr. Probably there was an inflation in pay in the 2000s that he missed out on. About the time he quit, he began to receive about 57000/yr from Second Mile. [Don't remember exactly how much.] This might have brought his income up to pre-retirement salary level.
So, who, exactly, paid for his Second Mile "consulting fees"? This is where I would look for a payoff by Penn State or its trustees doing damage control- donations to Second Mile which then were used to make Sandusky go away. Not his victims, him.

Quotes from news stories follow:

When he retired, Sandusky opted to take a lump-sum pension payment of $148,271 from the State Employees’ Retirement System. The rest of his pension is being paid out monthly and is $58,898 annually. [Sandusky worked for Penn 1969-99 30 years.]

Schultz could be far more richly paid. He elected to receive a $421,847 lump-sum payment at the time of his retirement in 2009, after nearly 39 years of service.
[Schultz was paid $320,966 in 2009, so his lump sum was more than his annual income.]

He also receives a monthly pension payment of $27,558 — nearly the cost of tuition for two in-state freshmen at State College. That comes to nearly $331,000 a year.
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/jerry_sandusky_continues_to_re.html#incart_mce

Curley and Spanier did not participate in the state pension plan so their amounts are not public.
What Paterno made

Latest available compensation figures (2010?)
Base compensation Total compensation
Spanier 620004 813855
Erickson 420012 454753
Schultz 296068 320966
Paterno 554136 1022784

Thanks, StellarsJay, for all the great information on the income of the defendents...you put a lot of work into this...appreciate it.

BBM
It is extremely disturbing that it appears that the child psychologist who ran TSM and his wife, a school counselor, do not need to shake in their boots. Everything I am reading suggests that this giant investigation is focused everywhere at State College except at them. They HAD the college degrees/knowledge to know or to seriously suspect what crimes were occurring with Sandusky through his contacts at TSM and they were raking in big bucks at TSM.:banghead:

One of these two individuals was likely signing off/approving all of Sandusky's expenses which included meals, entertainment, hotel stays, and "God only knows what else" with young boys. They can't convincingly state that they didn't know he was spending money and too much time alone with young boys.[/QUOTE]

I think those payments to JS may be part of the FBI investigation. In post #299 it says this:

If that money was used for other purposes, that could be a federal crime, Reinhart said.

"I'm sure they get all sorts of federal funding that flows into large state university's like that," he said. "As part of that sort of grant or funding, you have to certify those funds will only be used for the certain things. That could be why they'd be looking into interactions with Second Mile and Penn State."

The TSM CEO and his wife were in charge when those alleged payments would have been made to JS, so they might be included..IMO.

Followup from previous post: Did Penn State pay Second Mile to assume the Sandusky problem?
Was money funnelled to Sandusky’s benefit, not to victims? The dates make it possible this was the deal.

Selectively quoted from a Center Daily News story, slightly re-ordered:
Second Mile, PSU had land deal in 2002
By Ed Mahon Posted: 12:01am on Nov 16, 2011; Modified: 9:11am on Dec 21, 2011

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2011/11/16/2988115/charity-psu-had-land-deal-in-2002.html#storylink=cpy
STATE COLLEGE — Penn State sold about 40.7 acres of undeveloped land to The Second Mile for $168,500 in April 2002.
The price is what Penn State says it paid for the land in August 1999 — and about $151,500 less than what a Pittsburgh man paid for it in 1990.
Penn State originally purchased the 40.7 acres of land as part of a much larger purchase
Assistant football coach Mike McQueary told the grand jury that on March 1, 2002, he saw Sandusky sexually assaulting a young boy in the showers of the Lasch Football Building.
About a week-and-a-half later, McQueary met with Tim Curley, Penn State athletic director, and Gary Schultz, the retired senior vice president for finance and business.
The land sale was finalized on April 23, 2002.
[Note- the final Center for Excellence project had 60 acres, 20 more came from somewhere.]

The story of how The Second Mile obtained that 40.7 acres of Patton Township land dates back to October 1990, when the Winston Corp. sold the land to Mark Bookman, of Pittsburgh, for $320,000.
In August 1999, Bookman and his wife, Marsha, transferred the land to Penn State in two separate agreements.
In the first deed, the Bookmans and the Richard King Mellon Foundation are listed as the grantors of the lease. The price tag was $1, and the deed said they were selling a 50 percent undivided interest in the land.
In the second deed, the Bookmans are listed as the grantors, along with a real estate agent. In that agreement, the Bookmans also transferred a 50 percent undivided interest. The university paid the Bookmans $183,970, according to the deed.
The Bookmans could not be reached for comment Tuesday. The Richard King Mellon Foundation, which has reported having more than $1.7 billion in assets, provides grants and funding for conservation, regional economic development and education programs.
When reached by the Centre Daily Times on Tuesday afternoon, officials from the Mellon Foundation said they would need more time to research the agreement before they could comment.
That purchase was part of a larger one.
The Centre Daily Times reported in October 1999 that Penn State purchased 1,100 acres in State College and Patton, Ferguson, College and Potter townships for $3.8 million. The Richard King Mellon Foundation and Mellon Family Trust offered the properties to Penn State in a gift arrangement for half the selling price.
In September 2001, the university announced that the Penn State board of trustees had approved the sale of 40.7 acres of land to The Second Mile.
“The university will sell 40.7 acres in Patton Township to the Second Mile, former Penn State football defensive coach Jerry Sandusky’s nonprofit group for prevention, early intervention and community-based programs for Pennsylvania youth,” the university said in a statement in September 2001.
[How does this date fit?]
"The Second Mile offered to purchase the property, which has no strategic value to the university and adjoins a parcel already owned by the organization, for the same amount as its earlier cost.”
The news release said the purchase price for The Second Mile was $168,500. Siemenski said Tuesday that he believes that price, not the $183,970 noted on the deed, was Penn State’s cost for the property.
…
Assistant football coach Mike McQueary told the grand jury that on March 1, 2002, he saw Sandusky sexually assaulting a young boy in the showers of the Lasch Football Building.
About a week-and-a-half later, McQueary met with Tim Curley, Penn State athletic director, and Gary Schultz, the retired senior vice president for finance and business.
The land sale was finalized on April 23, 2002.
The Second Mile has been planning to build a $9 million learning center on the 41 acres. But the future of that project is now uncertain.
Sieminski, who signed the April 2002 deed on behalf of Penn State, said in an email Tuesday that the transaction was similar to others involving the Centre Region Council of Governments, State College Borough Water Authority, and Centre Hall Borough, Potter and Gregg Townships “where properties acquired from Mellon were sold by the university to be used by the parties for specific purposes. Also, another parcel acquired from Mellon was recently sold to the Church of Latter-day Saints on Whitehall Road.”

Could be coincidence, but I hope the Feds are looking at it. Very good reporting by CDN.

PSU: Paterno dismissed for not doing more after Sandusky sex abuse claim in 2002

Penn State's trustees said late coach Joe Paterno's failure to follow up on a sexual abuse allegation against former assistant Jerry Sandusky "constituted a failure of leadership" that ultimately led to his firing in November.

Read more...WPXI.com (local Pittsburgh Television Station)

The removal of Graham Spanier as Penn State president and Joe Paterno as football coach

The Pennsylvania State University Board of Trustees has been asked by members of the Penn State community, including students, faculty, staff and alumni, to state clearly its reasons for the difficult decisions that were made unanimously on the evening of Nov. 9, 2011 -- to remove Graham Spanier as president of the University and Joe Paterno as head football coach for the remaining three games of the 2011 season. Our decisions were guided by our obligation as Trustees, always, to put the interests of the University first.

Partial text on the firing:

President Graham Spanier

We determined on Nov. 9 that Dr. Spanier should be removed because he failed to meet his leadership responsibilities to the Board and took insufficient action after learning of a 2002 incident involving former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky and a young boy in a Penn State facility. This failure of leadership included insufficiently informing the Board about his knowledge of the 2002 incident. He also made or was involved in press announcements between Nov. 5-9 that were without authorization of the Board or contrary to its instructions.

On Nov. 9, Dr. Spanier asked the Board for a vote of confidence. Since for the reasons cited above we were unable to provide it, we voted that evening unanimously to remove him as president and informed him of that decision. Dr. Spanier remains a tenured professor at Penn State.

Coach Joe Paterno

Also on Nov. 9, the Board unanimously made the decision to remove Coach Paterno for the last three games of the season. He had announced earlier that day that he would be retiring at the end of the season.

Our most important reason – by far – for this difficult decision flowed from what we learned on Nov. 5, for the first time, from a “presentment” (report) by a Pennsylvania Grand Jury about Coach Paterno’s early 2011 sworn testimony.

The report stated that a Penn State graduate assistant had gone to Coach Paterno’s home on Saturday morning, March 2, 2002. The report quoted Coach Paterno as testifying to the Grand Jury that the graduate assistant told him that he had seen Jerry Sandusky, the coach's former assistant coach up to 1999, "in the Lasch Building showers fondling or doing something of a sexual nature to a young boy."

While Coach Paterno did his legal duty by reporting that information the next day, Sunday, March 3, to his immediate superior, the then Penn State Athletic Director Tim Curley, the Board reasonably inferred that he did not call police. We determined that his decision to do his minimum legal duty and not to do more to follow up constituted a failure of leadership by Coach Paterno.

The Board spent hours on conference calls between Saturday, Nov. 5, and Tuesday, Nov. 8, discussing appropriate action and our fiduciary responsibility as the Trustees. On Wednesday evening, Nov. 9, we met in person in State College. At about 9 pm, we unanimously made the difficult decision that Coach Paterno’s failure of leadership required his removal as football coach.

We are sorry for the unfortunate way we had to deliver the news on the telephone about an hour later to Coach Paterno. However, we saw no better alternative. Because Coach Paterno’s home was surrounded by media representatives, photographers and others, we did not believe there was a dignified, private and secure way to send Board representatives to meet with him there. Nor did we believe it would be wise to wait until the next morning, since we believed it was probable that Coach Paterno would hear the news beforehand from other sources, which would be inappropriate.

Thus, we sent a representative of the Athletic Department to ask Coach Paterno to call us. When the coach called, the Board member who received the call planned to tell him that (1) the Board had decided unanimously to remove him as coach; (2) the Board regretted having to deliver the message over the telephone; and (3) his employment contract would continue, including all financial benefits and his continued status as a tenured faculty member. However, after this Board member communicated the first message, Coach Paterno ended the call, so the second and third messages could not be delivered.

Many alumni, faculty, staff and students are inquiring about how we plan to honor Coach Paterno’s many contributions to the University. It has always been the Board’s intention to fulfill his employment contract and to name him head coach emeritus. Other options also are under consideration, but the Board feels it would be premature to make any final decision at least until the final report of the independent counsel Judge Louis Freeh is publicly issued in conjunction with the Special Investigations Task Force.

http://live.psu.edu/story/58341

Judge hears arguments on Sandusky pretrial info

http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<D9TF21CG0@news.ap.org>&ps=1011

BELLEFONTE, Pa. (AP) — A judge has heard arguments but opted not to rule immediately on how much information former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky should get in advance of his trial on child sex abuse charges.

Judge John Cleland gave no indication when he'd rule on Monday's arguments concerning the "bill of particulars" about the 10 purported victims that the attorney general's office provided Sandusky's attorney two weeks ago.
------

The attorney general's office says Amendola is overstating the lack of specificity in the materials already provided to him.

The 68-year-old Sandusky did not attend the hearing.

More at link....

Jerry Sandusky attorney says former Penn State coach anxiously awaiting trial

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/03/jerry_sandusky_attorney_says_f.html

BELLEFONTE -- The attorney for Jerry Sandusky said his client has been taking advantage of the visitation rights he was granted at a previous court hearing and has had visits from friends and some of his grandchildren.

-----

He says Sandusky is anxiously awaiting his May trial on 52 criminal counts. He maintains his innocence. Sandusky remains on home confinement and did not attend the hearing.

Little more at link....

Joe Paterno's family blames Penn State board for sex-abuse crisis

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/03/paterno_family_releases_statem.html#incart_mce

Family's statement:

"The Paterno family is surprised and saddened that the Board of Trustees believes it is necessary and appropriate to explain -- for the fourth or fifth time -- why they fired Joe Paterno so suddenly and unjustifiably on Nov 9, 2011.

"The latest statement is yet another attempt by the board to deflect criticism of their leadership by trying to focus the blame on Joe Paterno. This is not fair to Joe's legacy; it is not consistent with the facts; and it does not serve the best interests of the university. The board's latest statement reaffirms that they did not conduct a thorough investigation of their own and engaged in a rush to judgment.

"At various times, university officials have said that they fired Joe Paterno. At other times they have said they didn't fire him. They have simultaneously accused him of moral and leadership failures, and praised him for the high standards he set for the university.

"The tough questions that have yet to be addressed relate not to Joe Paterno, but to the board. Two months ago, as Joe Paterno was dying, the board conducted a series of media interviews condemning him for 'moral' failures. Now they are trying a different tack and accusing him of 'leadership' failures.

"The question we would ask is simply this, when will the board step up and acknowledge that the ultimate responsibility for this crisis is theirs? Everyone who cares about Penn State is longing for strong, courageous, honest leadership. Today's statement is anything but that."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donwes