Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a comfort Pensfan.
His jurors, with the university employees excluded, will consist of farmers, men who drive pickups with a gun racks, and women who know 1000 different recipes for deer meat. They won't like Sandusky....at all. :D

What I’m saying is that showering and playing with children nude is not only suspect, it is abhorrent ... but I don’t know enough facts about this case to understand exactly what he did or determine what his actions constitute in terms of the law. This case has a lot of political/economic implications and, in some respects, reminds me of the initial wave of accusations against the Duke Lacrosse team. Could someone more informed than I please post links to the first hand information about Sandusky’s sex crimes?

Russell

The law assumes that adults who supervise children are not going to act in a predatory manner, and should always have the best welfare of the child in their mind. That's the social responsibility that everyone has, but it's even more important with someone who is a coach and who runs a charity for underprivileged children.

Sandusky has admitted to showering with young children because he "enjoyed their company." Was that in their best interest, or was he just trying to sexually arouse them with nudity or more? That's how the law views this, and they don't really care how Sandusky felt about it because the laws are there to protect children, not a fifty year old man who wants to have his way with them.

Talking to minor children about sex to arouse them, or showing them *advertiser censored* is considered "corruption of a minor." That's crossing a line right there.

Exposing himself to an innocent child is a serious enough offense, and it's called "indecent exposure." It doesn't matter how he feels about it or how he defines his showering activities, or how they view it in other countries, or why he chose to do it psychologically - the law looks at it differently.

Touching multiple children sexually over many years, which he has never actually denied to my knowledge, is another offense that might get him put on a sex offender list. A child cannot consent to sex with an adult, and the law assumes that anyone who tries to have sex with a ten-year-old is assaulting them. It's rape.

From the Attorney General Press Release:

Sandusky is charged with the following offenses:

•Seven counts of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, all first-degree felonies which are each punishable by up to 20 years in prison and a $25,000 fine.
•One count of aggravated indecent assault, a second-degree felony punishable by up to ten years in prison and a $25,000 fine.
•Four counts of unlawful contact with a minor, all first-degree felonies which are each punishable by up to 20 years in prison and a $25,000 fine.
•Four counts of unlawful contact with a minor, all third-degree felonies which are each punishable by up to seven years in prison and a $15,000 fine.
•Four counts of endangering the welfare of a child, all third-degree felonies which are each punishable by up to seven years in prison and a $15,000 fine.
•Four counts of endangering the welfare of a child, all first-degree misdemeanors which are each punishable by up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
•Eight counts of corruption of minors, all first-degree misdemeanors which are each punishable by up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
•One count of indecent assault, a third-degree felony punishable by up to seven years in prison and a $15,000 fine.
•Four counts of indecent assault, all second-degree misdemeanors which are each punishable by up to two years in prison and a $5,000 fine.
•Two counts of indecent assault, all first-degree misdemeanors which are each punishable by up to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.
•One count of attempt to commit indecent assault, a second-degree misdemeanor punishable by up to two years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

His jurors, with the university employees excluded, will consist of farmers, men who drive pickups with a gun racks, and women who know 1000 different recipes for deer meat. They won't like Sandusky....at all. :D

You know what? I misunderstood your previous post! :blushing: So I deleted my response ~ sorry Pensfan! I thought you were saying that the jurors were going to be too much like the Casey Anthony jury (not our favorite people).

My husband and I are farmers. We don't drive around with a gun rack in our pick-up, but I do know about 50 recipes for deer meat (and pheasant, elk, squirrel, rabbit). :D

Having farmers and farmers wives, or basically rural people on a jury, is to have people with common sense on your jury. People who understand nature and the affect she has on our everyday lives. People with patience, after all-it takes 3 seasons on a farm to grow and harvest one crop. People with a can-do attitude. And finally people who are willing to roll up their sleeves, do without, and get the work done.

If these are the type of people that will be the jurors for the Sandusky trial, I believe a fair trial will ensue. If the evidence is there, he will be convicted, no doubt in my mind. We farmers also believe that what you sow is what you reap, and we have no issue with people paying for their crimes.

(This is my opinion as a farmer and someone who knows many other farmers/rural people)

Snipped by me.

Thanks for saying that. I was pulling something off my flash drive for a friend the other night when he questioned my keeping the gj report with me at all times. Disgusting, but a necessity to remember the focus and scope.

I understand completely. :yes:

I have accumulated hundreds of screenshots over the years because so much of this stuff has a tendency to just disappear from the internet. Ironically enough, Joe Amendola made national news for trying to be the facilitator of such disappearances -- which makes this case even more interesting, at least to me, on so many levels.

ITA there'll be no love lost toward Sandusky.

Also, eliminate the Amish from the jury pool...

My husband and I are farmers. We don't drive around with a gun rack in our pick-up, but I do know about 50 recipes for deer meat (and pheasant, elk, squirrel, rabbit). :D

Having farmers and farmers wives, or basically rural people on a jury, is to have people with common sense on your jury. People who understand nature and the affect she has on our everyday lives. People with patience, after all-it takes 3 seasons on a farm to grow and harvest one crop. People with a can-do attitude. And finally people who are willing to roll up their sleeves, do without, and get the work done.

If these are the type of people that will be the jurors for the Sandusky trial, I believe a fair trial will ensue. If the evidence is there, he will be convicted, no doubt in my mind. We farmers also believe that what you sow is what you reap, and we have no issue with people paying for their crimes.

(This is my opinion as a farmer and someone who knows many other farmers/rural people)

I agree with every word of your post.

I was born and raised on a dairy farm seemingly in another galaxy, far, far away. To borrow the words from the song "Boondocks" by Little Big Town:

It's where I learned about living
It's where I learned about love
It's where I learned about working hard
And having a little was just enough

It's where I learned about Jesus
And knowing where I stand
You can take it or leave it
This is me, this is who I am

Thank You for a post that took me to another time and place.

You mean other than the grand jury testimony of the victims and the grand jury testimony of the witnesses to the sex acts and the interviews of the mother of a victim who busted Sandusky with LE listening on extentions?

Are you looking for medical reports? I am not sure what would constitute first hand knowlege, but I want to be helpful. Have you had a chance to read the grand jury indictment?

I read the first few part of the grand jury indictment and stopped because it is was horrifying. :furious:

Watching Fox News....
Reporting the break in this case leading to McQueary came from an online forum.

Interesting..... do we have more details?

Just curious, why eliminate Amish from the jury pool.

They do not participate in gov't or trials of any kind.

Snipped from a link because I can't find any actual "law"

An estimated 40,000 Amish live in Ohio, the most of any state, Second is Pennsylvania with about 34,000. Pennsylvania law does not grant an automatic exclusion to potential Amish jurors though there is mechanism for them to voice opposition to serving, said Art Heinz, a state court system spokesman.

I only know two recipes for deer meat and I dont like him.

I wont speak for Pensfan, but I dont believe there was any sarcasm or denigrating statements there. I believe Pensfan was making a case for a common sense jury.

I think that is why there will be legal shenanigans to push this out...after all, victims like this who have the scabs picked off their wounds and who are facing the humiliating high profile pressure of a trial like this are likely to have some problems...

Victims who are out there-there is support available to you! Please make sure you reach out to all who love you as you move through this. You are strong in a 1000 ways where your perp is weak. :twocents:

I just read this in the Sports Illustrated article essies posted the link to late last night:

Their domain is Happy Valley, and while it's the Happy that's stressed, the Valley is significant too. For a prominent university, Penn State is remarkably isolated, nestled in the hinterlands of Pennsylvania, six hours from the nearest conference rival and three hours from a major city.

I'm always so fascinated by places like this.

I knew little to nothing about Penn State until this past week and I really appreciate all the input (here) from people who know the area and culture.

This isolated, petrie dish environment seems to have been the perfect setting for Paterno's "Grand Experiment*."

*After the announcement of his hiring in 1966, Paterno set out to conduct what he called a "Grand Experiment" in melding athletics and academics in the collegiate environment, an idea that he had learned during his years at Brown. (wikipedia)

I only know two recipes for deer meat and I dont like him.

I wont speak for Pensfan, but I dont believe there was any sarcasm or denigrating statements there. I believe Pensfan was making a case for a common sense jury.

I think that is why there will be legal shenanigans to push this out...after all, victims like this who have the scabs picked off their wounds and who are facing the humiliating high profile pressure of a trial like this are likely to have some problems...

Victims who are out there-there is support available to you! Please make sure you reach out to all who love you as you move through this. You are strong in a 1000 ways where your perp is weak. :twocents:

No, I thank Pensfan for his/her thoughtful post. I am agreeing with Pensfan. I just made the joke (note the smiley face) about only knowing 50 recipes for deer meat. Sometimes it's difficult to get the "tone" of a post since the medium is the written word.

Not a defense of McQueary's (in-) actions, but an attempt at understanding, from Jason Whitlock:

McQueary story says a lot about us (foxsports.com)
---
I don’t agree with or respect the choices McQueary made, especially his decision to remain at Penn State for the next decade. But I’m not so foolishly self-righteous that I believe I’m incapable of similar cowardice. I say that knowing I have a career resume filled with righteous decisions that jeopardized my career. But those decisions always came after some combination of deliberation, consideration and prayer.

Our most courageous and selfless decisions/actions are rarely instantaneous or instinctual.

In America, our instinct is to survive financially. We hate Mike McQueary because of what he and his decisions say about us.

There was a comment on the MSNBC article (posted by waltzingmatilda) about Joe Paterno that piqued my curiosity.

This is the comment:

I tell a story. The old days when I first started to coach, I lived four blocks off the campus. We don't have a big house. We've been there for a long time, my wife and the kids. Well, the kids are all gone obviously. I used to get a telephone call from one of the campus cops would say, Hey, coach, you better come up here and get ahold of Mike. Too much to drink, making a lot of noise.

I'd go up at 2:00 in the morning, grab Mike, put him in bed, get him up at 5:00 in the morning, run his rear-end off for a week. You guys never heard about it.

I did a quick search and found the link (in case anyone else is interested):

http://nittanylionsden.com/2011-art...-division-coaches-on-ohio-state-troubles.html

In retrospect, this is kind of an eye-opener:

Paterno: That's probably been something that I preach all the time to the staff. If somebody wants to horse around with something, or he suggests that maybe he wants something, walk away, walk away. That doesn't mean we've always walked away. I try to keep track of it. It's nice to know we haven't had a major violation. I'm proud of that. I'm not going around gloating about it.

BBM

A shout out to those sharp folks-

Some housekeeping here-adding the tags helps people find this discussion when they are searching on the WWW.

Please, make the tags appropriate to the subject, and no expressions of violence...TIA.

Thanks for the reminder, believe09! I tagged it ....internet post/Sandusky. Hope that's ok.

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member