Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
*snip*

If McQueary had pressed it he would have faced a huge PR machine that would have found something they could cling to, like he felt he wasn't promoted fast enough or some nonsense, and then turn it around on him. Sandusky is a saint, he set up this whole charity for kids and now this p-ant little grad assistant is trying to smear the character of someone who's devoted his entire life to children. The campus police and police would have said they "investigated" the incident and found it to be little more than what a grandfather interacting with a grandson might do. McQueary would have been forced to resign, another football program wouldn't have touched him and he'd be flippin burgers at McDonald's.

It's easy to say what he should have done after breaking the rape up but the big time football machines will run you over and ruin you if they think any part of the cash pie is in danger of being lost.

You see more guys being arrested in the NFL because they are on their own. The only one's who are culpable are them. They don't have a billion dollar PR machine backing them up, but they do have money people want. JMO

Yeah, I think it's pretty bloody obvious in this case that money talked, and ethics/morals/courage walked.

As my old father used to say, there's no job so important that you can't walk away from it. If McQueary had left there after reporting Sandusky, he could have gotten a good job somewhere else, but it sounds as if this was his dream job and he just couldn't give it up. More's the pity.

It's true that McQueary could have clammed up like everyone else and refused to turn in a colleague, but that doesn't really make him admirable either.

This is going to be bigger than big. What I can hope for with this - is that FINALLY something will be done about "these creeps".

I have known for a long time that our education system is in trouble. These guys ARE EVERYWHERE! This one being a "beloved coach of a BIG 10 team with a history of charitable contributions" is what is making the media sit up and notice. Let's hope the population "notices" as well.

This is O/T but will supply facts to back-up my observations of what I stated above.

First - Barry Silver
He was a middle school teacher here in Broward county. He molested boys FOR YEARS - a lot of them were reported. But, only reported to school personnel - LE was NEVER called. Never. He was finally arrested in Hawaii for molesting boys in the resort's swimming pool (very brazen - iffen you ask me). End of story - he only got 5 years in prsion and is out now.
Here is a link to read Silver's story - direct, court documents. Start on page 4 of the PDF - Amended Administrative Complaint. You'll see that the "powers that be" here KNEW about this creep back in 1995!!!
http://www.myfloridateacher.com/discipline/icmsorders/045-2547-FO-091009132021.pdf

Second one:
I posted about this one when this story first broke. The pedophile was a science teacher and the principal of the school covered for this creep for years, all while little girls were being molested on campus. I attended a public meeting when this story broke as my son was enrolled in the school at the time.
This pdf is for the principal. He ended up retiring and lost his pension. He passed away in the last few years. The complaint starts on page 8.

http://www.myfloridateacher.com/discipline/icmsorders/978-2112-FO-042009114509.pdf

Funny, but the pedophile - I. Best is not listed as EVER being disciplined by the State Dept of Ed - not even a revocation of his license (although I imagine that court system did that when he was convicted of his crimes)

Once you read just these two cases - here in my little neck of the woods - can you imagine the number of cases out there, never reported, or covered up for years?

I'm not understanding how Sandusky ended up fostering and then adopting this child. I mean I do understand it somewhat but then again it doesn't make much sense.

http://jezebel.com/5860473/how-jerry-sandusky-mentor-turned-a-quiet-kid-into-a-troubled-one

I think (but I'm not positive) that Matt's "story" is mentioned in Sandusky's book. In any case, a few days ago I read something about a letter as well as a sister named Kara.

A quick search just brought up a 2-hour old article from the DailyMail (UK).

Despite concerns about his safety, the boy reportedly wrote to probation officers saying he would rather stay with the Sanduskys then be placed in a different foster home.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...LL-testify-disgraced-coach.html#ixzz1dzRPsmsC

The article goes on to mention that Sandusky adopted him at age 18, which strikes me as odd.

I can't think of a reason to legally adopt an adult. Unless in this case it is for hushing someone up. I hate this. :(

CNN just ran a segment about silence in the locker room. The person being interviewed (might have been a player or former player - I was multi-tasking) said the secrecy is endemic in sports programs. (note, this is pretty loosely paraphrased).

I can't think of a reason to legally adopt an adult. Unless in this case it is for hushing someone up. I hate this. :(

That is EXACTLY why he was adopted at 18. Now that he is a "legal son", Sandusky had even more control over him and was able to "coach" him as to what he thought happened as opposed to what he KNEW happened.

I really wonder about Sandusky's wife. We've seen where SHE attempted to contact one of the victims. WHY? Why would she want to talk to him? Or, is it a case of where Sandusky has such total and complete control over everyone that HE made her call the victim to see if she could get him on the phone? What did Mrs. Sandusky KNOW and WHEN did she know it?

JMHO

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36740125/vp/34328514#45336272"]TODAY Video Player[/ame]

I'm not here to defend Mike McQueary, and I find the claim that he contacted the police to be coming a little late in the story. However, I think some understanding of college sports is necessary here.

Big time programs like Penn State, USC, Alabama etc. make a lot of money off of their football programs. Tickets, t-shirts, hats, back packs, window stickers, bowl game monies, donations etc. add up to a lot of money and prestige for the university. These are major cash cows.

I can't, off the top of my head, report any links for these thoughts, but I believe that it's pretty much accepted M.O. for most large college programs. If a girl is raped by a football player and reports it to police she is most likely to be overscrutinized by the campus police, the police and maybe even some of her friends. She faces a scarlet letter if she takes him to court and he can't play. So in addition to the normal BS a rape victim has to go through there is a lot of fear and peer pressure to just shut up about it. Also, in a football crazy town her chances of getting justice are slim. What girl wouldn't want to have sex with a star player?

When McQueary walked into that locker room and found Sandusky raping the child and stopped it and then went to Paterno the next day. I wouldn't be surprised if all involved knew that it was better for the university to shut up about it, do the minimum and move on.

If McQueary had pressed it he would have faced a huge PR machine that would have found something they could cling to, like he felt he wasn't promoted fast enough or some nonsense, and then turn it around on him. Sandusky is a saint, he set up this whole charity for kids and now this p-ant little grad assistant is trying to smear the character of someone who's devoted his entire life to children. The campus police and police would have said they "investigated" the incident and found it to be little more than what a grandfather interacting with a grandson might do. McQueary would have been forced to resign, another football program wouldn't have touched him and he'd be flippin burgers at McDonald's.

It's easy to say what he should have done after breaking the rape up but the big time football machines will run you over and ruin you if they think any part of the cash pie is in danger of being lost.

You see more guys being arrested in the NFL because they are on their own. The only one's who are culpable are them. They don't have a billion dollar PR machine backing them up, but they do have money people want. JMO

Except his definition of stopping it had nothing to do with sparing that poor, traumatized, ten year old boy (who likely needed an emergency physician)! He did not interrupt the act, the crime! No one came to the aid of that boy, and as of today, that young victim has yet to be identified!!

There is no way on God's green earth I'm prepared to give McQueary a pass because it may have cause a bump in his career. Because really, we already know it DID cause a bump in his career-- UPWARDS. :furious:

I think (but I'm not positive) that Matt's "story" is mentioned in Sandusky's book. In any case, a few days ago I read something about a letter as well as a sister named Kara.

A quick search just brought up a 2-hour old article from the DailyMail (UK).

Despite concerns about his safety, the boy reportedly wrote to probation officers saying he would rather stay with the Sanduskys then be placed in a different foster home.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...LL-testify-disgraced-coach.html#ixzz1dzRPsmsC

The article goes on to mention that Sandusky adopted him at age 18, which strikes me as odd.

OK so that article is a little more clear than what I have read so far. He started out going to the center because of Penn State football. It seems that from there he caught the attention of Sandusky and after spending a bit of time with him started getting into trouble and ended up in foster care and actually placed in Sandusky's home.

I don't understand why, if he was hiding from Sandusky when he came to get him before being placed in foster care that the visits continued though and how if he was so frightened by him that he was hiding he ended up in his care. Was the mother forcing him to go with Sandusky even though he was clearly frightened of him? Also I don't think that I have ever heard of a child being put in foster care just for getting in trouble one time.

I don't think that I trust this birth mother based upon what we have heard from her so far. I believe that it is inevitable that some people are going to try to capitalize on this whole nasty mess and I hope that we are not seeing this already.

My father in law legally adopted my husband's step sister after she was in her 30s. She asked him to do so after coming to terms with some of the issues that contributed to severe anorexia.

At 18 the "child" would have to consent to the adoption.

'

I haven't had a chance to view the video yet essies, but with a name like "Louis Theroux" I had to wonder - is this place in France?After all, it worked for Roman Polanski. :furious:

Nope-It's California Velouria!!
Louis has gained access to Coalinga Mental Hospital in California, which houses more than 500 of the most disturbed criminals in America, convicted paedophiles. Most have already served lengthy prison sentences, but have been deemed unsafe for release. Instead, they have been sent here for an indefinite time.

Spending time with those undergoing treatment, Louis wrestles with whether he can ever allow himself to believe men whose whole history is defined by deception and deceit

OK so that article is a little more clear than what I have read so far. He started out going to the center because of Penn State football. It seems that from there he caught the attention of Sandusky and after spending a bit of time with him started getting into trouble and ended up in foster care and actually placed in Sandusky's home.

I don't understand why, if he was hiding from Sandusky when he came to get him before being placed in foster care that the visits continued though and how if he was so frightened by him that he was hiding he ended up in his care. Was the mother forcing him to go with Sandusky even though he was clearly frightened of him? Also I don't think that I have ever heard of a child being put in foster care just for getting in trouble one time.

I don't think that I trust this birth mother based upon what we have heard from her so far. I believe that it is inevitable that some people are going to try to capitalize on this whole nasty mess and I hope that we are not seeing this already.

I think it depends on who the family court judge was-- we've already witness cronyism in Sandusky's favor regarding his "bail", I think The Second Mile had much sway with the courts in the region.

And as far as this birth mother, she already explained that her child was being seduced with money, gifts, outings, clothes, all the things we've heard Sandusky utilizes to groom his victims. I believe her, and I am devastated for her.

MOO

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36740125/vp/34328514#45320272"]TODAY Video Player[/ame]
Not sure if this was posted-it's from yesterday.

My father in law legally adopted my husband's step sister after she was in her 30s. She asked him to do so after coming to terms with some of the issues that contributed to severe anorexia.

At 18 the "child" would have to consent to the adoption.

Camille,
I guess I see that differently because of the connection of marriage to your SIL. My father's step father was my grandpa in every way a bio grandpa could have been and I would have loved for him to adopt us even as adults.

But this man (I use the term loosely) seemed to prey on little boys from broken families. And adopting an over age male just feels hinky to me. This is from what I have read so far.

Again just IMO

(photo/video mercifully snipped)
Not sure if this was posted-it's from yesterday.

Am I the only one who literally feels physically ill just looking at Sandusky? I can't even stand the sight of him. :sick:

Am I the only one who literally feels physically ill just looking at Sandusky? I can't even stand the sight of him. :sick:

ITA
The sight or sound of his voice either He makes my skin crawl!!:banghead:

I think it depends on who the family court judge was-- we've already witness cronyism in Sandusky's favor regarding his "bail", I think The Second Mile had much sway with the courts in the region.

True, I wonder how it was presented that this child was in need of foster care after one episode with the law? I think that should be looked into.

And as far as this birth mother, she already explained that her child was being seduced with money, gifts, outings, clothes, all the things we've heard Sandusky utilizes to groom his victims. I believe her, and I am devastated for her.

MOO

The part that bothers me about the birth mother is bolded in this quote.

"She told the network: 'When it first started, you could see [Matthew] was excited to see Jerry show up. And then as it progressed it got to the point where he would look out the window and see Jerry pull in and hide behind the bedroom door - "mom, tell him I’m not here."'

Did she force the child to go with him at that point. Where did she go with this? With a child going from being so excited to be going with the man, all of the gifts that were being given and then hiding from him and telling her to tell him he wasn't there...? The way the article was written that was before he got in trouble and obviously it was before he was put in foster care. So she did have it within her power to say my son doesn't want to go with you anymore Mr Sandusky and so he longer will even if that was all that she did.

Edited to add I guess that I'm kind of wondering if she didn't just throw him to the sharks as a kid and now that all of this is coming out she's looking for a place in the spotlight.

No you aren't the only one. I said earlier than if I saw that old interview with him without knowing what I know now he would still creep me out.

Yeah, I think it's pretty bloody obvious in this case that money talked, and ethics/morals/courage walked.

As my old father used to say, there's no job so important that you can't walk away from it. If McQueary had left there after reporting Sandusky, he could have gotten a good job somewhere else, but it sounds as if this was his dream job and he just couldn't give it up. More's the pity.

It's true that McQueary could have clammed up like everyone else and refused to turn in a colleague, but that doesn't really make him admirable either.

I'm not sure he could have gotten another football job. If other teams felt he wasn't trustworthy they'd stay away from him. I'm not excusing him, I'm just trying to add some perspective to the effed up nature of major college sports.

I'm sure this wasn't the first cover up McQueary had witnessed on campus and may have been privy to the aftermath of someone who'd tried to fight the system.

Except his definition of stopping it had nothing to do with sparing that poor, traumatized, ten year old boy (who likely needed an emergency physician)! He did not interrupt the act, the crime! No one came to the aid of that boy, and as of today, that young victim has yet to be identified!!

There is no way on God's green earth I'm prepared to give McQueary a pass because it may have cause a bump in his career. Because really, we already know it DID cause a bump in his career-- UPWARDS. :furious:

I'm not giving him one either. I think you missed this part of my post; I'm not here to defend Mike McQueary, and I find the claim that he contacted the police to be coming a little late in the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper