Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the university supposedly banned Sandusky from bringing Second Mile boys into the football locker room, though a top official admitted the ban was "unenforceable."
I've seen the above written in numerous articles since the Sandusky story broke and it perplexes me :waitasec:.....the bolded part in particular. I don't understand why Penn State was unable to "enforce" the ban??? It seems to me it would have been quite simple to prohibit Sandusky from using their facilities at all.

Camille,
I guess I see that differently because of the connection of marriage to your SIL. My father's step father was my grandpa in every way a bio grandpa could have been and I would have loved for him to adopt us even as adults.

But this man (I use the term loosely) seemed to prey on little boys from broken families. And adopting an over age male just feels hinky to me. This is from what I have read so far.

Again just IMO

NP and I understand completely. I was just pointing out that there can be legitimate reasons although I don't think that this is one of those instances.

Anyone been watching that new TV show called "Grimm"?

Its about this guy finds out he's one of the last of the "Grimms" (as in Grimm's faily tales type stuff). He's a detective in LE and he can "see" the "true self" of the bad guys. They "morph" into whatever beings they truly are. Its been pretty good and I've tried to watch it every week.

Anyhoo, since this show started and once this case broke - whenever I see Sandusky, its almost like he "morphs into" his true self.

P.S. - really wish stuff like that happened and the world would get to see his true self and the face that all his victims got to see.

JMHO

Anyhoo, since this show started and once this case broke - whenever I see Sandusky, its almost like he "morphs into" his true self.

His teeth freak me out. They all look pointy and feral.

I saw the first Grimm and I love it. :)

Anyone been watching that new TV show called "Grimm"?

Its about this guy finds out he's one of the last of the "Grimms" (as in Grimm's faily tales type stuff). He's a detective in LE and he can "see" the "true self" of the bad guys. They "morph" into whatever beings they truly are. Its been pretty good and I've tried to watch it every week.

P.S. - really wish stuff like that happened and the world would get to see his true self and the face that all his victims got to see.

JMHO

I have wanted to watch it, but it's on a night when the GS is here and I don't like him to see scary stuff on TV. Well unless Lon Cheney is in it 'cause that makes him laugh. :) I'll check online for it.

Back on topic, it is sad that so many adults felt something was wrong and looked the other way. :furious:

Am I the only one who literally feels physically ill just looking at Sandusky? I can't even stand the sight of him. :sick:

I cant believe you just posted that-I am having the SAME problem.

Is Penn State preparing PR counterattack to save image?
snip-
The plot in the Penn State child abuse sex scandal keeps getting thicker. Penn State's embattled board of trustees has enlisted crisis communications agency Ketchum in New York, according to Advertising Age.

The move indicates Penn State's shell-shocked trustees could finally be weighing a PR/media counterattack to try save the school's image following nearly two-weeks of frenzied press coverage about former assistant coach Jerry Sandusky allegedly raping and molesting young boys on campus.

The scandal has already cost former coach Joe Paterno and school president Graham Spanier their jobs. Executives at Ketchum did not return calls and emails seeking comment Thursday.
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ve-image-ketchum-joe-paterno-jerry-sandusky/1

"Penn State has not handled this well at all," says "The Reputation Doctor" Mike Paul of MGP & Associates PR. "Canceling (Paterno's press conference) made them look guilty in the court of of public opinion."

Penn State has become a sinking ship. Everything they did wrong, they did it. I have seen this pattern before and their reputation stays destroyed. It is in shambles.

True, I wonder how it was presented that this child was in need of foster care after one episode with the law? I think that should be looked into.

The part that bothers me about the birth mother is bolded in this quote.

"She told the network: 'When it first started, you could see [Matthew] was excited to see Jerry show up. And then as it progressed it got to the point where he would look out the window and see Jerry pull in and hide behind the bedroom door - "mom, tell him I’m not here."'

Did she force the child to go with him at that point. Where did she go with this? With a child going from being so excited to be going with the man, all of the gifts that were being given and then hiding from him and telling her to tell him he wasn't there...? The way the article was written that was before he got in trouble and obviously it was before he was put in foster care. So she did have it within her power to say my son doesn't want to go with you anymore Mr Sandusky and so he longer will even if that was all that she did.

Edited to add I guess that I'm kind of wondering if she didn't just throw him to the sharks as a kid and now that all of this is coming out she's looking for a place in the spotlight.

I see where you are coming from, I guess I took her to mean that then the child would have a change of heart when Sandusky presented the new gift, or promise of a certain event, and so on. I'm sure she is positively tormented by her decisions during that time-- she gave him the benefit of the doubt where he own son was concerned. As did all his victims' mothers. It's horrific. imo

I'm not sure he could have gotten another football job. If other teams felt he wasn't trustworthy they'd stay away from him. I'm not excusing him, I'm just trying to add some perspective to the effed up nature of major college sports.

I'm sure this wasn't the first cover up McQueary had witnessed on campus and may have been privy to the aftermath of someone who'd tried to fight the system.

I'm not giving him one either. I think you missed this part of my post; I'm not here to defend Mike McQueary, and I find the claim that he contacted the police to be coming a little late in the story.

Gotcha.

My guess would be pay outs to victims or victim.

I never even thought about that! One of the articles I read last night mentioned the calendar years that were missing (the early 2000s IIRC).

Suddenly I'm thinking about the kid in the shower (2002). And hush money. "We think we've found him and he'll tell a different story."

I'm not giving him one either. I think you missed this part of my post; I'm not here to defend Mike McQueary, and I find the claim that he contacted the police to be coming a little late in the story.

Especially since the police dispute that he did. Honestly, given the circumstances and his reaction then and now and the public's reaction to him I hope that he is getting help in dealing with all of this. I think that of all the people involved he seems to be a risk for suicide. I really hope that he sees that he can redeem himself, at least some, by showing up to testify and doing so openly and honestly.

From the link posted by HMSHood:

when they discovered that records from roughly 2000-2003 were missing.

Continuing with my wild speculation here...

One of the articles I posted last night spoke of The Second Mile and Penn State being almost interchangeable. No records can be released from Penn State. Again, I'm speculating with what I'm about to say here -

What if TSM and PSU pooled some funds in the form of a payout for Shower Victim 2002? Schultz was in charge at one point - left/retired and then returned. He was in charge of finance, right?

One of the articles I posted last night spoke of The Second Mile and Penn State being almost interchangeable. No records can be released from Penn State. Again, I'm speculating with what I'm about to say here -

What if TSM and PSU pooled some funds in the form of a payout for Shower Victim 2002? Schultz was in charge at one point - left/retired and then returned. He was in charge of finance, right?

Right, he was the treasurer. I want to say he retired in 08? then came back in 2110?

Schultz retired from the university in 2009, earning a compensation package of $320,966. But he returned in September, and a national search is under way for a permanent appointment to the job. http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/top-level_penn_state_universit.html It looks like they brought him back after they knew what the grand jury was up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva