Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the link posted by HMSHood:

when they discovered that records from roughly 2000-2003 were missing.

Continuing with my wild speculation here...

One of the articles I posted last night spoke of The Second Mile and Penn State being almost interchangeable. No records can be released from Penn State. Again, I'm speculating with what I'm about to say here -

What if TSM and PSU pooled some funds in the form of a payout for Shower Victim 2002? Schultz was in charge at one point - left/retired and then returned. He was in charge of finance, right?
Schultz retired in 2009. When his successor, Al Horvath, took a better paying and more prestigious job at the Smithsonian last July, Schultz was asked to fill in on an interim basis.

Schultz retired in 2009. When his successor, Al Horvath, took a better paying and more prestigious job at the Smithsonian last July, Schultz was asked to fill in on an interim basis.
They hired him back knowing the Grand Jury was meeting and knowing what some of the witnesses were saying and who the targets were.

I never even thought about that! One of the articles I read last night mentioned the calendar years that were missing (the early 2000s IIRC).

Suddenly I'm thinking about the kid in the shower (2002). And hush money. "We think we've found him and he'll tell a different story."
It seems that Sandusky and his cohorts had ample time to disappear/destroy evidence. I read last night that he was informed of the GJ investigation in 2008 but his house and computers weren't searched until this past summer. Two an a half years after he knew he was being investigated.

It seems that Sandusky and his cohorts had ample time to disappear/destroy evidence. I read last night that he was informed of the GJ investigation in 2008 but his house and computers weren't searched until this past summer. Two an a half years after he knew he was being investigated.
He got the special pedophile treatment all the way that is for sure and still is.

They hired him back knowing the Grand Jury was meeting and knowing what some of the witnesses were saying and who the targets were.

When Shultz's successor moved to DC to take a better job, should Penn State have hired the very first person that applied for this job or should they utilize an executive search firm and search nationally to find qualified applicants?

What should Penn State have done to fill the position of Vice President of Finance and Business while a NATIONAL search was occurring?

Brill Neumann Executive Search Consulting Firm was hired to assist in the national search for that position. The Vice President for Administration is leading a 12-person search advisory committee. It will take months to interview candidates and then the candidate will have to move to State College which could also take weeks. Shultz was asked to be an interim employee since he was the previous person who held this position.

I never even thought about that! One of the articles I read last night mentioned the calendar years that were missing (the early 2000s IIRC).

Suddenly I'm thinking about the kid in the shower (2002). And hush money. "We think we've found him and he'll tell a different story."

I wonder if those payments are sealed and the victims aren't allowed to talk to anyone about the crimes against them as part of the settlement. :waitasec:

When Shultz's successor moved to DC to take a better job, should Penn State have hired the very first person that applied for this job or should they utilize an executive search firm and search nationally to find qualified applicants?

What should Penn State have done to fill the position of Vice President of Finance and Business while a NATIONAL search was occurring?

Brill Neumann Executive Search Consulting Firm was hired to assist in the national search for that position. The Vice President for Administration is leading a 12-person search advisory committee. It will take months to interview candidates and then the candidate will have to move to State College which could also take weeks. Shultz was asked to be an interim employee since he was the previous person who held this position.

I don't know, maybe use the person right below him?

I wonder if those payments are sealed and the victims aren't allowed to talk to anyone about the crimes against them as part of the settlement. :waitasec:
What payments? Where can I read about payments?

Penn State trustees hire law firm in scandal
Penn State's trustees have hired Reed Smith, a large Pittsburgh-based law firm, to represent them in relation to the child sex-abuse scandal for which three current and former university employees face criminal charges.

Moss declined to say whether Reed Smith, which lists more than 1,700 lawyers on its website, would be focusing on criminal or civil matters.

This is a huge university with 92,000 students and huge financial responsibilities.
Who knows if the person holding the position under him would be competent with a 4.6 BILLION dollar budget?

I do like your plan though. It sounds like musical chairs. "Okay doekie everyone. When the music starts, pick up your crap and move up to the next higher office." ;)

They knew full well what the Grand Jury was up to by that point. One thing hiring him back like that did was allow them to muzzle him if they had to.

I was just looking through the news archives. Apparently Schultz, Curley and Paterno appeared before the grand jury in January 2011. Schultz returned in September 2011.

For what it's worth, I found a photo of Schultz in a Second Mile photo. He's not identified but I'm 99.9% sure it's him. He's standing with his wife - and Joe Amendola and his then wife, Mary, are seated in front (along with a handful of other people). It's on the Second Mile website. I saw it the other day when I was looking up Amendola's wife's name.

As I stated twice, it was speculation. To clarify, I went as far as to say "wild speculation." :)

What is next step for victims of Sandusky sex abuse?
Jennifer Storm, Executive Director of the Victim Witness Assistance Program for Dauphin County says it's now looking like only two of the original eight victims in the scandal will be able to file civil law suits in the State of Pennsylvania because of the statue of limitations.

When it comes to who those suits will be against, she says its likely several parties will be held accountable.

“There's so many different failures that we are likely to see multiple lawsuits,” Storm told CBS 21.

Storm said that it might be difficult for victims to sue the university under state law, but that it may be possible if they go by federal law.
http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...s-of-Sandusky-sex/Db-5srhRL0uIs-2oJup9Ng.cspx

According to this new conspiracy theory, The Smithsonian is now in on the pedophile coverup at Penn State. Yep, The Smithsonian KNEW that Shultz needed to be silenced (because they are omniscient), so they (The Smithsonian) decided to offer Al Horvath a better paying/more prestigious job in July (before this terrible story was known to everyone), so Horvath would leave Penn State.

After The Smithsonian's secret plan had successfully removed Horvath from his position, Shultz was lured back into his stressful position (even though he had RETIRED from it earlier and was on an excellent state pension). After he was enticed back into this position, he could then be silenced.....because......his other choice would be to go back to his EXCELLENT RETIREMENT (which people always hate). ;)

I'm not seeing/reading that anyone is implying the Smithsonian was involved. And Schultz's return on an interim basis was probably the easiest temporary solution, purely from an HR standpoint. If this scandal hadn't broken, no one would be questioning that decision. The position opened back up, the guy who'd held that position was available and willing to step in until a permanent successor was found, problem solved.

:cow:

It's not like they hadn't done it before.

Horvath, a Penn State alumnus, joined the university administration in 2007 and doubled as the university treasurer. He arrived in Old Main from Columbia University, where he was executive vice president of finance and chief financial officer.

At Penn State, Horvath has been responsible for financial, endowment, business and administrative activities at all the university's campuses, according to the news release. http://www.statecollege.com/news/lo...leave-university-join-the-smithsonian-811829/

In any case, who could blame him? He got out while the so-called getting was good.

I'm not seeing/reading that anyone is implying the Smithsonian was involved. And Schultz's return on an interim basis was probably the easiest temporary solution, purely from an HR standpoint. If this scandal hadn't broken, no one would be questioning that decision. The position opened back up, the guy who'd held that position was available and willing to step in until a permanent successor was found, problem solved.

:cow:
The only thing I was saying is the trustees surely knew the guy they were allowing to step back into that position was a target of the grand jury investigation of a pedophile and the cover up of a rape and the failure of this guy to report it to the police. It also allowed this guy to be the overseer of the campus police again. Doesn't the Treasurer have an assistant or vice Treasure to take over?

This is the huge firm (1600 lawyers and 200 in Pittsburgh) that has been retained to protect all the university "players" and a ton of money. It is unknown whether Reed Smith will be focusing on criminal or civil matters. Although they are located in one of the priciest building in downtown Pittsburgh, I can't find any info on why this specific firm was chosen over other firms.
http://www.reedsmith.com/

Former Child Companion Defends Sandusky

Accused child molester Jerry Sandusky has at least one former kid from his children's charity in his corner.

Chad Rexrode, now 35, told The Daily that between the ages of 10 and 14, he and Sandusky were "inseparable," and that nothing inappropriate ever happened between them.

The two have kept in touch over the years, with Sandusky even attending Rexrode's wedding in 2003.

Then, six months ago, according to Rexrode, who now owns a landscaping business and is the father of two young children, Sandusky called him and said, "You're going to hear stuff and it's not true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
De0911