Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:banghead:

"The Large Shower Defense" being discussed on HLN.

JS's lawyer contends that cuz the shower was a large locker-room type, it was ok for JS to shower with boys. (paraphrase)

Vinnie says, OK, well, then how do you explain the touching and the hugging going on in that large shower.

If they had all of that extra room, why was there physical contact between JS and the boys. Hmmmmmmmm????????????

Good one, Vinnie. imo

I'm guessing this has already been posted, given the date (November 7). Kip Richeal is the co-author of Sandusky's autobiography and was 18 when they first met.

Richeal said that Sandusky contacted him by phone in early April, just after the first allegations in the case had broken to the public. At the time, Sandusky wanted to apologize for the media attention he anticipated his co-author would receive, and to make it clear that he was innocent: "He told me, 'These things aren't true and I'm working to prove that they're not true.'" Richeal says now that Sandusky sounded "distraught and run-down from it all," and "depressed about" the situation he was in.

http://deadspin.com/5857208/i-want-...the-co+author-of-jerry-sanduskys-book-touched

:banghead:

"The Large Shower Defense" being discussed on HLN.

JS's lawyer contends that cuz the shower was a large locker-room type, it was ok for JS to shower with boys. (paraphrase)

Vinnie says, OK, well, then how do you explain the touching and the hugging going on in that large shower.

If they had all of that extra room, why was there physical contact between JS and the boys. Hmmmmmmmm????????????

Good one, Vinnie. imo

This shower mention reminded me of something I read this morning. I assume it's okay to post a link to a blog.

Another bizarre tradition at PSU was the coaches showered together after each practice and game. We never did this at Brown or at URI and my coaching friends never experienced this on their staffs. It was one of the many things at PSU that made me realize there was something very strange about the program and its staff.

http://mattpaknis.blogspot.com/

-----------

I commented on another case that I think these molesters/rapists of children surround themselves with a "buffer zone" of children who are not sexually abused, so that they have a defense.

Let's not forget that Sandusky was a defensive coordinator, right?

Even Sandusky said in his interview that he didn't molest all of them.:floorlaugh:

I think it would be foolish to believe that Sandusky raped every kid he came in contact with, so I suspect some kids were benefitted but that doesn't take away from the horrible, disgusting crimes he did, allegedly. JMO

All I can add is that I was in downtown Pittsburgh 3 times in the last 2 weeks.
Actually at Alleheny General Hospital.
Located on 'Sandusky St'
everyone was buzzing about this.
and even talked about the name of the street, which I had no idea about.
So the word in the 'burgh' was disgust and people are lived down there!
Penn State merchandise is also 'on sale'..........I feel bad for the college and
the students. The students should never be embarrased about their school. IMOO

This shower mention reminded me of something I read this morning. I assume it's okay to post a link to a blog.

Another bizarre tradition at PSU was the coaches showered together after each practice and game. We never did this at Brown or at URI and my coaching friends never experienced this on their staffs. It was one of the many things at PSU that made me realize there was something very strange about the program and its staff.

http://mattpaknis.blogspot.com/
How is it unhealthy that the coaches did not shower with the young students? There are not private showers in male locker rooms, so did Matt expect each stinky coach to wait for every other coach to finish before showering himself? Should the sweaty coaches just get into their expensive cars with leather seats and drive home while smelly?

I didn't see where anyone else had posted this yet, but if they have, I'm sorry for the duplicate post.

Gregg Doyel, a writer for cbssports.com, has been on top of this story from the beginning and tweeted some interesting information this afternoon. He's not included it in an actual article yet, but I can only assume it will be included in an article he is working on currently. Here are the actual tweets -

@greggdoyelcbs
"D-I AD who interviewed Sandusky for HC job in 90s told me Sandusky DQ'd himself by insisting on bringing Second Mile w/him" 3:41 pm

"The AD could tell Sandusky wouldn't be devoted to HC job. He was devoted, obviously, to Second Mile" 3:43 pm

I know this is the last thing anyone wants to hear right now, but ESPN is now reporting that Syracuse assistant basketball coach, Bernie Fine, is under investigation for allegedly molesting a former ball boy. :furious:

How is it unhealthy that the coaches did not shower with the young students? There are not private showers in male locker rooms, so did Matt expect each stinky coach to wait for every other coach to finish before showering himself? Should the sweaty coaches just get into their expensive cars with leather seats and drive home while smelly?

I assume these are rhetorical questions. I posted the link because shower practices have been discussed on this ongoing thread.

It looks like there are 96 responses to that particular blog entry -

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=396344102173113074&postID=7025174570876091733

Perhaps Matt Pankis can answer the questions you've broached.

I know this is the last thing anyone wants to hear right now, but ESPN is now reporting that Syracuse assistant basketball coach, Bernie Fine, is under investigation for allegedly molesting a former ball boy. :furious:

It looks like the Sandusky situation has opened up a big can of :worms:

:crazy: Not only is JS a vile pedophile, he also clearly doesn't know the definition of the word "culpable."

He had to have Bob Costas re-frame the question.

And they call ME Dum-Dum. Sheesh.

All I can add is that I was in downtown Pittsburgh 3 times in the last 2 weeks.
Actually at Alleheny General Hospital.
Located on 'Sandusky St'
everyone was buzzing about this.
and even talked about the name of the street, which I had no idea about.
So the word in the 'burgh' was disgust and people are lived down there!
Penn State merchandise is also 'on sale'..........I feel bad for the college and
the students. The students should never be embarrased about their school. IMOO
The North Side streets and bridges were named after industries in Pittsburgh in the early 1900s. Sandusky Street is named after Sandusky & Interurban Railway, not pedophile Jerry Sandusky. This company made the trolleys.

Wow anyone watching JVM. This one guy is tearing up the man defending SM. Brutal.

*Thomas Day is the guy getting ripped apart for sticking up for the charity.
Missed the name of the man who railed on SM being a Pedo farm.

It looks like the Sandusky situation has opened up a big can of :worms:

Yep. I posted in the beginning thread that I think the lid is going to be blown off of many incidents.

There is a lot of travel involved with sports. I just hope that any connections and contacts are thoroughly investigated going back to the beginning. We may find out that there are links between offenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*