Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, thank you I was just looking through my history for the day to find the source. I heard a man on the radio this morning that went to high school with Sandusky. He basically feels that Art Sandusky walked on water and said he never heard any rumors of any sort about Art.

You're welcome. :)

You might find this interesting (his photo as a young man, etc.)

From the Washington, PA newspaper (June 29, 1966):

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=bsCEZ5n1K3cC&dat=19660629&printsec=frontpage&hl=en

ETA: Oops, you'll need to go to page 21 to see it.

From a link at your link:

And once again...

The 43-year-old, married and the father of two children, was responsible for the residential life of about 800 teenage students and was living on the campus of the Milton Hershey School for impoverished children

BBM

Impoverished. From the few friends I have had that were in orphanages or group homes and even Milton Heshey School I can tell you they are and were sitting ducks. When we hear about endangered runaways what do we think? I know someone way back who ran away from Milton Hershey School constantly. However he never said why. I have a friend who ran away constantly from what used to be one of our orphanges in Philly just so she could get put in the Youth Study Center.

It's a given if your hope is to get put in the Youth Study center you have been dealt a lousey, horrific hand in life. It's so sad to know our at most risk youth are being sent in to far worse conditions than some had been in with lousey parents.

This definitely sounds like the beginning of something that will snowball. It reminds me of when the "Priest scandal" broke in a past decade.

I heard on CNN tonight that there are now some of Sandusky's victims coming forward from as far back as the 1970's. IMO there could be hundreds of victims and I hope every one of them finds the courage to come forward.

Apparently, Pennsylvania has a statute for adults who where victims of childhood sexual abuse, which allows them to press charges up until they are 50 years old! This is wonderful, does anybody know if other states have similar statutes? I certainly hope so.

That would be an affirmative. Brought to you by an amazing institution's cover up of abuse for decades. Said institution not to be named...

pensfan said:
Ugh. Dr. Drew's (the internal medicine physician-not a psychiatrist) show presented pedophilia as a treatable obsessive compulsive problem. Here are more prevalent views among mental health professionals:snip
pensfan please do me a favor and post links to these studies. Looks like good reading.
Appreciate it.

I think I've been keeping up with most of the posts here, but don't recall seeing any comments on the fact Paterno recently sold his share of his home to his wife for $1. Why would he do that except to leave it out of any upcoming lawsuits? If so, seems very unfair. Again, another loophole.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/paterno-sold-wife-house-for-1/

Property obtained as marital property remains as marital property and not protected from lawsuits. Perhaps it could be one of those... I'm 85 my wife is mid 70s better make sure she owns the house cuz I'm nearing the end deals.

OH LORD,Please don't tell me that-I live here in Syracuse!!! I have not heard anything

I'm an SU fan and I hope to God Boeheim doesn't know anything about this. :maddening:

No one outside of those testifying before the gj knew their town and school was going to be taken over by a media crew influx.

Not meaning ill-will but... The truth WILL rest with media portrayal, not facts.

Better hope that coach fulfilled his moral obligation.

I think I've been keeping up with most of the posts here, but don't recall seeing any comments on the fact Paterno recently sold his share of his home to his wife for $1. Why would he do that except to leave it out of any upcoming lawsuits? If so, seems very unfair. Again, another loophole.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/paterno-sold-wife-house-for-1/
If Joe Pa was trying to protect his assets, selling his home to his wife was not the safest choice he could make which leads me to question if asset protection was the reason for the $1.00 sale.

He could definitely protect this asset if he:
- formed a limited liability company to own the property/assets,
- created a family limited partnership,
- established a trust with someone besides his wife holding the assets, or
- formed an offshore asset protection trust (if he has tons of money)

The North Side streets and bridges were named after industries in Pittsburgh in the early 1900s. Sandusky Street is named after Sandusky & Interurban Railway, not pedophile Jerry Sandusky. This company made the trolleys.

Why are you bashing me when all I said was that the AGH staff was talking about the name Sandusky St?
I know nothing about the history, just how people talked, joked and acted
around me about this scandal.
Even the taxi driver talked about this scandal and I know Penn State isn't even in Pittsburgh, but people are talking about this everywhere.

pensfan please do me a favor and post links to these studies. Looks like good reading.
Appreciate it.
I am semi-retired, but my husband is not. I get on PubMed with his employee account. Any library would be able to pull these up for you.

If Joe Pa was trying to protect his assets, selling his home to his wife was not the safest choice he could make which leads me to question if asset protection was the reason for the $1.00 sale.

He could definitely protect this asset if he:
- formed a limited liability company to own the property/assets,
- created a family limited partnership,
- established a trust with someone besides his wife holding the assets, or
- formed an offshore asset protection trust (if he has tons of money)
IMO, he was just showing some consideration to legitimize the transfer.
I concur it is an ineffective way to protect an asset if he was preparing “multiyear estate planning program,” as was posted the other day in the the other thread on this topic.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7355765&postcount=605"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Penn State athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child rape case #2[/ame]

Transferring to one's spouse is not a very sophisticated way of estate planning LOL.
There are so many vehicles that are superior. I think it was the quickest and easiest to do immediately and for that reason I think he was trying to just get things out of his name, but no way was it a long term asset protection plan.
This was a temporary solution that was fast and easy.

Why are you bashing me when all I said was that the AGH staff was talking about the name Sandusky St?
I know nothing about the history, just how people talked, joked and acted
around me about this scandal.
Even the taxi driver talked about this scandal and I know Penn State isn't even in Pittsburgh, but people are talking about this everywhere.
Sorry, that was not a bashing statement. I actually thought the Sandusky Railway information was fun because I picked it up at the Trolley Museum ( The museum is fun.).
http://www.pa-trolley.org/

I am semi-retired, but my husband is not. I get on PubMed with his employee account. Any library would be able to pull these up for you.
Darn! I have to pull them without a link because we cannot read them in their entirety. if you should stumble on some links in your travels, please let me know so we can re-post them. I will leave them up for a bit so people can seek them out.
Thank you and sorry pensfan.

I am not bashing Penn state at all. I know it is not 'football' only.
The merchandise is for sale at OLLIES Clearance and not by AGH.
I am not associated with any college.
My husband is a patient at AGH.
My grandson actually went to Penn State!
I am sorry that your husband is at AGH. I hope he is able to return home soon. Thanks for the Ollie's info.

Darn! I have to pull them without a link because we cannot read them in their entirety. if you should stumble on some links in your travels, please let me know so we can re-post them.
Thank you and sorry pensfan.
I will keep searching and see if the same info is used in other published studies. The problem is that some of these were in newer studies and they won't be quoted in older published articles.

I am sorry that your husband is at AGH. I hope he is able to return home soon. Thanks for the Ollie's info.

O/T my husband has cancer and he is home, we are outpatient right now til he gets an ongoligist, thanks

Ugh. Dr. Drew's (the internal medicine physician-not a psychiatrist) show presented pedophilia as a treatable obsessive compulsive problem. Here are more prevalent views among mental health professionals:

<modsnip>

Wow, an obsessive compulsive disorder? Way to play such evil down. But I take issue with (and am actually horribly offended by) the characterization of pedophilia as a sexual preference, like hetero or *advertiser censored* sexuality. I call B.S.

Like many of my fellow sleuthers, I have researched pedophilia quite a bit. My (admittedly unprofessional) assessment is that it is sadism, not sexual preference. It is born from a desire to dominate over and harm those who are younger, weaker and defenseless. That is what gives them a rush. And that is why if you castrated them they would still likely molest little kids. It is a sickness of the soul, and evil.

I worked for the Federal Public Defender one summer (interned during law school). I had the unfortunate experience of being exposed to child *advertiser censored* while there (evidence in a few cases). What I saw was shocking. It will never leave my mind and it is pure horror. Maybe I am prejudiced by what I saw (and heard) but it was the sexual torture of little children, IMO. Crying, screaming, frightened little kids. That's what pedophiles do.

Sandusky had a small, 10 year old boy up against a wall, anally raping him.
That is torture to me and I believe that Sandusky got a sadistic pleasure from it. Sadists usually get sexually aroused by their sadism. But pedophiles often have intimate, sexual relationships with other adults and that to me evidences their sexual orientation. The child rape and child molestation? That's not sexuality, it's evil. :twocents:

O/T my husband has cancer and he is home, we are outpatient right now til he gets an ongoligist, thanks

I am very sorry to hear that. Stay strong and believe. It is a fight that you and he can win.

Are a University of Pittsburgh grad by any chance? Where is there Penn State Merchandise on sale near the University of Pittsburgh near Allegheny General Hospital? I've lived here the majority of my life and have never seen Penn State gear sold near Univ of Pittsburgh.

Penn State is not "football". Penn State is considered to be an ivy league public university providing students an excellent and affordable education.
I'm a Pitt alumni, grew up in the 'burgh, never ever saw Penn state gear in the city except for maybe "Hate State". The rivalry was deep - i remember having to choose sides in grade school - Pitt or Penn state?
The scandal is all everyone has been taling about back home.

This shower mention reminded me of something I read this morning. I assume it's okay to post a link to a blog.

Another bizarre tradition at PSU was the coaches showered together after each practice and game. We never did this at Brown or at URI and my coaching friends never experienced this on their staffs. It was one of the many things at PSU that made me realize there was something very strange about the program and its staff.

http://mattpaknis.blogspot.com/

I assume these are rhetorical questions. I posted the link because shower practices have been discussed on this ongoing thread.

It looks like there are 96 responses to that particular blog entry -

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=396344102173113074&postID=7025174570876091733

Perhaps Matt Pankis can answer the questions you've broached.

Wow. Matt Paknis really lets Paterno have it in that blog post, doesn't he? Not a very flattering portrait at all.

Wow, an obsessive compulsive disorder? Way to play such evil down. But I take issue with (and am actually horribly offended by) the characterization of pedophilia as a sexual preference, like hetero or *advertiser censored* sexuality. I call B.S.

Like many of my fellow sleuthers, I have researched pedophilia quite a bit. My (admittedly unprofessional) assessment is that it is sadism, not sexual preference. It is born from a desire to dominate over and harm those who are younger, weaker and defenseless. That is what gives them a rush. And that is why if you castrated them they would still likely molest little kids. It is a sickness of the soul, and evil.

I worked for the Federal Public Defender one summer (interned during law school). I had the unfortunate experience of being exposed to child *advertiser censored* while there (evidence in a few cases). What I saw was shocking. It will never leave my mind and it is pure horror. Maybe I am prejudiced by what I saw (and heard) but it was the sexual torture of little children, IMO. Crying, screaming, frightened little kids. That's what pedophiles do.

Sandusky had a small, 10 year old boy up against a wall, anally raping him.
That is torture to me and I believe that Sandusky got a sadistic pleasure from it. Sadists usually get sexually aroused by their sadism. But pedophiles often have intimate, sexual relationships with other adults and that to me evidences their sexual orientation. The child rape and child molestation? That's not sexuality, it's evil. :twocents:

Great post gitano, thank you - I agree. Pedophilia/Child molestation (any sexual advances toward a child...) are acts of deviance, NOT one's sexual orientation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truth Exposed