Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a huge university with 92,000 students and huge financial responsibilities.
Who knows if the person holding the position under him would be competent with a 4.6 BILLION dollar budget?

I do like your plan though. It sounds like musical chairs. "Okay doekie everyone. When the music starts, pick up your crap and move up to the next higher office." ;)
You mean like what they did here?
Defensive coordinator Tom Bradley will be interim coach, and provost Rodney Erickson interim school president. http://espn.go.com/college-football...e-paterno-president-graham-spanier-penn-state

This is the huge firm (1600 lawyers and 200 in Pittsburgh) that has been retained to protect all the university "players" and a ton of money. It is unknown whether Reed Smith will be focusing on criminal or civil matters. Although they are located in one of the priciest building in downtown Pittsburgh, I can't find any info on why this specific firm was chosen over other firms.
http://www.reedsmith.com/

Reed Smith Ranked #1 In Product Liability Defense

http://www.reedsmith.com/newsroom/n...1=customWidgets.content_view_1&usecache=false

Doesn't sound as though he was ever there at the house alone with him.

And I could find people who would tell you today that my abuser was just a nice "uncle" to them. GAG. They pick their prey for a reason. In my case the ones he didn't abuse were dark haired and older. :furious:

Thanks, mahmoo. Something about this passage really sets off my hinky meter...

In the grand jury indictment, the alleged victims say their molestations began with Sandusky putting his hand on their thighs. Rexrode said he saw nothing wrong with that.
"He would always pat you on the leg because he was proud of you," he said. "That was like his sign to you. As soon as he picked me up [in his car] he'd give me a comforting pat on the knee ... and a hug was just for support, showing that he's proud of you."

"A comforting pat on the knee"?

Rexrode's answers just seem too pat to me.

So this McQuery deal, he has changed his story to include talking to the police which was not mentioned in the grand jury presentation, does this mean that his grand jury testimony is now in question? Is this enough for some of the charges against Sandusky to be dropped or changed? And since he changed his story by email to his former football players or friends and it has gone public can he be held in contempt of court in some manner? Or is the only thing that matters legally is his testimony in front of the grand jury? Can that email be used by Sandusky to defend against these charges, to discredit McQuery's credibility?

It just seems bad form to me that he is trying to defend himself now when it hasn't gone to court yet. Shouldn't he be keeping his mouth shut? Because basically he is the only adult witness to this whole mess, or at the least the only adult witness that has come forward. So I would assume his testimony is vital to this case. I am not taking anything away from the victims testimony but McQuery's testimony adds to their testimony, correct?

All my opinions, no links included, came from reading all the other links you good posters have linked.

So this McQuery deal, he has changed his story to include talking to the police which was not mentioned in the grand jury presentation, does this mean that his grand jury testimony is now in question? Is this enough for some of the charges against Sandusky to be dropped or changed? And since he changed his story by email to his former football players or friends and it has gone public can he be held in contempt of court in some manner? Or is the only thing that matters legally is his testimony in front of the grand jury? Can that email be used by Sandusky to defend against these charges, to discredit McQuery's credibility?

It just seems bad form to me that he is trying to defend himself now when it hasn't gone to court yet. Shouldn't he be keeping his mouth shut? Because basically he is the only adult witness to this whole mess, or at the least the only adult witness that has come forward. So I would assume his testimony is vital to this case. I am not taking anything away from the victims testimony but McQuery's testimony adds to their testimony, correct?

All my opinions, no links included, came from reading all the other links you good posters have linked.

I really think he left enough wiggle room in that statement that he could be talking about 10 years later when he talked to LE.

Second Mile Staffers Quit Over Penn State Sex Abuse Scandal
The outrage over the Penn State sex abuse scandal has spilled over into anger at the management of the Second Mile charity, prompting an exodus of some furious board members and volunteers.

The Second Mile.....refused to say how many of its board members have resigned.....

One board member, who wished to remain anonymous, said he was told by the group's headquarters only that Sandusky was under investigation, and that he had denied the allegations.

The board member said he was later outraged to learn that the investigation involved 40 counts of child molestation.

During the same period, Sandusky attended the group's annual Celebration of Excellence awards ceremony in Hershey, Pa., in March of this year.

-----------

I commented on another case that I think these molesters/rapists of children surround themselves with a "buffer zone" of children who are not sexually abused, so that they have a defense.

Let's not forget that Sandusky was a defensive coordinator, right?
The man might also have been a victim and he never quite recovered from "Stockholm Syndrome". There is another possibility for this man's behavior, but it is too awful to post. :(

He didn't change his story. According to the presentment, McQuery spoke to the guy in charge, Shultz. Shultz also acknowledges the meeting in his testimony.

So this McQuery deal, he has changed his story to include talking to the police which was not mentioned in the grand jury presentation, does this mean that his grand jury testimony is now in question?

Because the grand jury testimony is sealed, and only the presentment (a general summary) made public, we don't know for sure whether McQueary testified to the GJ that he went to police at the time. However, two things tell me that he did not:

1. The GJ presentment is intended to put forth the most salient points of the testimony that led to the indictment. It seems to me that if MMcQ testified to the GJ that he informed police of what he saw, that would be a very salient point to include in the presentment. His reports to Paterno and higher-ups are documented there--but nothing in that section says that he stopped what he saw happening, or that he ever went to either campus or local PD.

2. Both campus and local PD say that they have no record of McQueary filing a report. (Do they have their own butts to cover? Yes. Painful as it is to say, who knows WHOSE word we can trust in this case...)

Is this enough for some of the charges against Sandusky to be dropped or changed? And since he changed his story by email to his former football players or friends and it has gone public can he be held in contempt of court in some manner? Or is the only thing that matters legally is his testimony in front of the grand jury? Can that email be used by Sandusky to defend against these charges, to discredit McQuery's credibility?

No idea, but I'll ask some of our verified lawyers to visit us to help with these questions. IMO based on what I have read and interviews I've heard with lawyers both associated and not associated with this case, the email can be used by Sandusky's lawyers to defend against the charges/discredit McQ, but MO is worth exactly :twocents: in this area.

Pedophiles surround themselves with kids who are 'just friends/' They attempt to groom many, but some do not 'make the cut.' They may not be attracted to some, or they may think some are not suitable for other reasons. Some may seem the type to fight back or to tell their family. So just because he was alone with others and did not rape them---big deal.

Oh no. Did you see in the below article that there is a society named after Jerry's parents (Authur C and Evelyn M Sandusky)? I wonder if he pushed his parents into providing financial support to Second Mile? Blessedly they are not alive to see what happened with their donations to Second Mile.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...oF6cXE7ELvoENg

Sandusky's deviance may have affected adopted son: report
snip-
Matt began living at Sandusky's State College home in 1995. The Patriot-News report says Long was only able to visit her son a half day per month.
The report also says Matt Sandusky attempted suicide a few months after moving into the Sandusky home and that a probation officer assigned to Matt Sandusky, Terry Trude, later wrote a letter to Centre County Judge David Grine stating that the probation department was concerned for Matt Sandusky's "safety and his current progress" in the Sandusky family's care. The letter stated that Debra Long had concerns about Matt's personal safety and mental stability as well. Trude requested to the judge that Matt's living situation go under review. Calls to Trude's home by the Daily News were not returned Friday
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-11-12/news/30389149_1_jerry-sandusky-probation-officer-mcqueary

The layers to this tragedy maybe endless!! :furious:

Boy's mother was entrusted with another child when her son was placed with Jerry Sandusky
snip-
Matt Sandusky became a foster child, and later was formally adopted as an adult. Long never lost her parental rights.
In his book, "Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story," Sandusky writes: "Our relationship floundered, and one problem surfaced after another. It got to the point where the authorities were going to take him away from us."

But a judge ruled that Matt would stay with the family, and Sandusky wrote that after withdrawing from him for a while, Matt came back and said, "I love you."
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/adopted_sons_mother_was_entrus.html
I'm not understanding this story!!:banghead:Mother doesn't lose parental rights but according to above article can only see son adopted by Sandusky for 1/2 day per month??:waitasec:WTH was going on??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb