Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Sandusky unofficially coached football at a college last year despite failing a background check:

WTH?

"How do you not know he's here?" asked the second player in amazement. "It's not like the press box is some closed-off area. You just turn your head (around) and look up (into the windows)...you see all the coaches in the press box."

The players say Sandusky would wait in the press box until after the game and would leave once the stadium had cleared.

This is precisely why this animal does not need to be out on bail! I hope the judge at this morning's hearing is aware of this. It is in his discretion to revoke his bond and lock his azz up where he belongs.

I just think the timing of this story is extremely odd.

I doubt there would be much disagreement that the most damning part of the grand jury report was the testimony of Mike McQueary. Without that testimony, Spainer would likely still be President of Penn State, JoePa would still be head coach, Shultz and Curley would have never been arrested and would still have their jobs. McQueary's testimony of witnessing a child being anally raped was the catalyst for their demise.

After all of the half baked interviews by Sandusky and his lawyer apparently blew up in their faces, SHAZAM!, less than 48 hrs before this monster is due in front of a judge, this doctor deal comes crawling out of the woodwork claiming the State's star witness lied to the grand jury! Talk about trying to create doubt!

Wonder where he's been since November 7th?

Just throwing this out there. I think the Dr. story broke after the tweets by the sports guy that Paterno is in really bad shape.

Good point. I can only come up with these possibilities. What do you think?

1. The doc is an extremely close friend and was at McQueary's dad home when Mike arrived to ask for guidance.
2. Mike gave his dad a preview of what he needed to discuss. The dad sensed the enormity of the situation and called a non-family member to corroborate his son's "testimony" just in case it was ever called into question.
3. Sara's secret unnamed source is wrong.

There are many possibility for why McQueary's dad thought his son's "testimony" might need a corroborating witness. Maybe there is some reason people might not believe McQueary's accusation was accurate (besides the fact that Sandusky was viewed a "great guy who supposedly helped lots of children)?

If they were planning on doing the right thing then there would be no reason to have a witness to his testimony. You simply call 911. If you have a legal question about what to do you call a lawyer.

The only time a witness to your testimony would mean anything to LE would be like in a criminal case where a lot of time past and LE doesn't know if you are telling the truth or not so they ask you did you tell anyone else this story?

It is like they knew this was going to be buried and wanted someone else to hear the story in case it every became unburied.

I tend to believe the story that they involved this DR. in it and McQueary told him something. The main reason I believe it is because the Dr. has had plenty of time to deny it and he has not. It has been all over the airwaves on every news station and not a peep out of him. The other reason I tend to believe it's true is there is only one person who can talk about what this Dr. said in the Grand Jury without the threat of jail and that is the Dr. or anyone he told the story too outside of the Grand Jury. If he told anyone that would leak this then it was probably the defense.

Just want to throw out some good karma to the victims testifying today! I'm nervous & proud of them. I cannot imagine how they are feeling today. I hope they feel strong and know we are all backing them.

Just throwing this out there. I think the Dr. story broke after the tweets by the sports guy that Paterno is in really bad shape.

That's true, the tweets by Brooks were on December 7:

SPORTSbyBROOKS
I was told by Penn St athletic dept official tonight that Joe Paterno's health is in rapid decline.

SPORTSbyBROOKS
Penn St. source said, "Joe is a lot closer to dying soon than the public is aware. It is very bad."

SPORTSbyBROOKS
Penn State official said tonight Paterno is getting daily cancer treatments but those close to him fear "this may be his last Christmas."

The doctor story came out on this past Sunday, December 11.

As if having cancer with his health in rapid decline wasn't enough to keep JoePa far removed from these criminal proceedings, it was also reported Sunday that he fell and broke his pelvis! They won't let him out of the hospital!

Paterno, 84, was admitted to an undisclosed Pennsylvania hospital on Sunday morning and was in stable condition later in the day, the source said.

The fracture does not require surgery but Paterno will remain hospitalized to undergo a regimen of radiation and chemotherapy treatments for his previously diagnosed lung cancer, the source said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/12/us-joepaterno-pelvis-idUSTRE7BA0VP20111212

That's some rotten luck for you. Now Sandusky's lawyer, who's chomping at the bit to go, won't be able to tear him up with his blistering narrative in cross examination!

When I first heard McQueary had to call his Dad the Physician Assitant to find out what to do it made me think there was something more to the story, maybe an injury . Now if the new story is true a Dr. was called in.

Where the heck is this victim? There should have been a trail the investigators could find.

Did McQueary tell the Grand Jury he did not see the boys face and this Dr. is saying he did see his face?

Seems the folks in Bellfonte are taking the trial and media event in stride and making the best of their fame. In this mornings TRIBUNE REVIEW locals are talking about their small town and their take on the trial,

'Jay Montgomery, owner and pharmacist at century-old Parrish Drugs, said he hopes people notice more than the courtroom. He pointed out the community's old, well-kept mansions and architecture as well as the natural spring that accounts for the town's name.

"I imagine a whole lot of people will come in town," said Montgomery, who has owned the drugstore for 45 years. "It should help the restaurants. And I bet all the bed-and-breakfasts are booked, the hotels and motels, too.'

Read more: Media crush hits small town for Sandusky hearing - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pit...reports/pennstate/s_771714.html#ixzz1gPy56BTi

LOL the police on that video were swaying in sync. I keep waiting for them to break out in a dance.

Just heard on HLN he waived his right to a preliminary hearing.

WoW something just happened. Sandusky just walked out of court, no hearing?

What a chicken. Guess his lawyer was just blowing smoke. He should have to pay for all the expenses this town has put out for security. GRRRRR

Hearing on HLN...one of two things going on here, either a plea deal in the works or just going straight to trial.

I think Sandusky and his legal team figured the victim testimony would really hurt the case.

I really wonder if there is going to be a plea deal. I don't think Sandusky wants the world to hear what he did straight from the vics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap