Penn State Sandusky Trial #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From CNN:

The final prosecution witness testified Monday that her son seemed to suffer from stomach ailments during the time he was visiting Sandusky and sometimes did not want to visit the former Penn State assistant's home.
But she said she did not ask him about any possible abuse and still does not know what happened to him.

"I didn't really want to hear," she said, crying.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/18/justice/pennsylvania-sandusky-trial/index.html

Part of me wonders if bringing young kids into the showers with the other coaches wasn't part of the "grooming" process. As in "See, there's nothing wrong with this, kid!". That is, until the other coaches weren't there.

Seth Horwitz ‏@ESPNSeth

Well how generous of Jerry Sandusky that he didn't try to molest every single boy he came into contact with.

~~~

SPORTSbyBROOKS ‏@SPORTSbyBROOKS

Here is complete transcript of Sandusky-Costas interview. 36 minutes. NBC edited it down to eight minutes for air. http://bit.ly/N0kjUw

~~~

Part of me wonders if bringing young kids into the showers with the other coaches wasn't part of the "grooming" process. As in "See, there's nothing wrong with this, kid!". That is, until the other coaches weren't there.

Good point, but I honestly question whether these other old men aren't pedophiles, too. Why else would they be defending Jerry and their own actions? Something is just rotten here. Sick.

Good point, but I honestly question whether these other old men aren't pedophiles, too. Why else would they be defending Jerry and their own actions? Something is just rotten here. Sick.

At this point, this wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Would actually clarify some things...

As a mother I question why they had to take a shower anyway. Why not just go home and shower? This whole thing stinks!!! :banghead:

I'm not a mother, and I thought that very same thing. I can get that on some occasions kids and grown ups (or players and coaches) of the same sex can be together in a public shower after a sports event and it's not weird; but I really don't see what the purpose would be behind a grandfather taking his granddaughter into a room full of naked men to shower. I can think of no situation where that would be ok.

Michael Sisak ‏@cvmikesisak

Bellefonte teacher Brad Witmer testifies about #Sandusky relationship with Victim 4, says ex-coach seemed like "important part of his life."

~~~

Former 2nd Mile fundraiser David Brent Pasquinelli (campaign mgr for US Rep Glenn Thompson) says #Sandusky used to be seen as "local hero."

~~~

Ex-2nd Mile official testifies abt "mutual admiration" he saw b/n kids, #Sandusky. Jerry had "very unique way how he could relate to youth." :what:

~~~

Judge: #Sandusky trial adjourning for the day due to technical issues with witnesses. Anticipates defense will rest around noon,

~~~

Judge: Closing arguments and charge tentatively expected Thursday in #Sandusky trial.

~~~

Andrew Stockey ‏@astockey

#Sandusky JUDGE RECESS FOR AFTERNOON ... Says Defense will rest noon Wednesday ..... closing arguments Thursday morning.

~~~

Chad Pradelli ‏@chadpradelli

sandusky testimony over for day. Lackluster to say the least. Judge expects closing arguments thursday.

~~~

Megan Healey ‏@MeganHealey

Judge Cleland just announced defense will rest by noon Wednesday, prosecution will present more evidence, then rest at end of day. #sandusky

~~~

Sara Ganim ‏@sganim

#Sandusky trial in recess for the day. Defense has 'technical' issues. Will resume for a full day Tues. Expected to hear closings Thursday

~~~

Sara Ganim ‏@sganim

#Sandusky judge will sequester jurors during deliberations

~~~

CNNNortheastDesk ‏@CNNNEDesk

#Sandusky court testimony done for today. Resumes 9a tomw, Defense will most likely rest at 12n Wed. Poss. closing on thursday

~~~

Jon Meyer ‏@JonMeyerWNEP

Judge tells jury they will be sequestered at hotel when they start deliberations later this week. #Sandusky

~~~

93.7 The Bus ‏@937thebus

#Sandusky After an unremarkable afternoon, we are adjourned until 9am Tuesday for what should be a full day of testimony.

~~~

Kevin Cirilli ‏@kevcirilli

That means the #Sandusky defense will conclude after 3.5 days of testimony re: 10 alleged victims. We could have a verdict by this weekend.

:maddening:
I'm not a mother, and I thought that very same thing. I can get that on some occasions kids and grown ups (or players and coaches) of the same sex can be together in a public shower after a sports event and it's not weird; but I really don't see what the purpose would be behind a grandfather taking his granddaughter into a room full of naked men to shower. I can think of no situation where that would be ok.

It depends on the age of the child. I have seen naked toddlers, including a neighbors who ripped off his diaper and ran down the street.

She's 10-12, no, it is not appropriate.

Besides his wife, are any other family members expected to testify in JS's defense? I wonder if Jerry was "sexual" with his own children? Disgusting thought, but who knows what went on behind closed doors or in the basement of the Sandusky home. :moo:

But still agree with J.J. that I don't believe it's a crime, just weird.

Defense might be having technical difficulty getting witnesses into court/timing. Maybe things went faster than they anticipated.

Or... they read the pros. psych report and are figuring a way to drop back 10 and punt.

The Daily Collegian ‏@DailyCollegian

Court is adjourned for the day. Cleland said the prosecution should rest by noon Wednesday. #Sandusky closing arguments expected Thursday.

~~~

The Daily Collegian ‏@DailyCollegian

Judge Cleland said he will sequester the jurors in the #Sandusky case during deliberation.

~~~

The Patriot-News ‏@PatriotNews

Jerry Sandusky trial: Video update of morning proceedings http://bit.ly/MmfE07

~~~

WTAJ News ‏@WTAJnews

Defense looks to rest Wednesday. Court adjourned for today. #Sandusky trial

~~~

Jill King Greenwood ‏@JGreenwoodTRIB

#Sandusky trial recesses for day, judge predicts jury will have case by Thursday and says jury will be sequestered for deliberations. #PSU

~~~

Emily Kaplan ‏@EKaplan24

And that's it for a mostly uneventful day at court. Sandusky lingered after judge called recess and smiled and laughed w/some supporters

I don't know how anyone living in that university community cannot be shocked, sickened, and angered upon hearing what has been going on in "Happy Valley" :furious: I'm glad that I'm not listening or watching live testimony because it would probably make me :puke: Shame on anyone who would condone this type of behavior by adults and young children. As Mammy in GWTW would say, "It ain't fittin'. It ain't fittin'. It just ain't fittin'."

Amen, to all of the above. What the heck is going on? What's wrong with modesty, anyway? I have to say the accused Sandusky is one of the creepiest folks I've ever seen, and I feel no sympathy for his spouse at all. Will this problem of child sexual abuse ever go away? I think his spouse should also be on trial, because as a woman, she had to sense or feel something wrong going on. I don't want to hear another word about what a great guy he was. He's a pedophile, and a brutal abuser.

It depends on the age of the child. I have seen naked toddlers, including a neighbors who ripped off his diaper and ran down the street.

This isn't the same as changing diapers, in my opinion, or even a toddler running out of the bathroom naked at home.

A baby wouldn't be at a Gym with Grandpa.

A girl 10-12 in our society is prepubescent and shouldn't be around naked men, and that's my :twocents: Not only would it be embarrassing for her, it would be dangerous for her. Grandpa Coach sounds like a freak, imo.

ETA: I'm starting to think of this as the "Penn State Cult of the Shower Gods"

We're splitting hairs, but I basically agree with you and little kids tear their clothes off all the time till they learn not to. I just don't understand why the grandfather would have any reason whatsoever to take his granddaughter in the men's locker/shower room. There is just nothing that's going to convince me that this particular scenario is ok, and it sure doesn't help Sandusky's credibility.

We're splitting hairs, but I basically agree with you and little kids tear their clothes off all the time till they learn not to. I just don't understand why the grandfather would have any reason whatsoever to take his granddaughter in the men's locker/shower room. There is just nothing that's going to convince me that this particular scenario is ok, and it sure doesn't help Sandusky's credibility.

Truly one of the stupidest defenses I've ever seen. Just bizarre.

"Let's get some other gnarly old perverts to defend Jerry - yeah!" :floorlaugh:

This isn't the same as changing diapers, in my opinion, or even a toddler running out of the bathroom naked at home.

Well it was a street.

A girl 10-12 in our society is prepubescent and shouldn't be around naked men, and that's my :twocents: Not only would it be embarrassing for her, it would be dangerous for her. Grandpa Coach sounds like a freak, imo.

ETA: I'm starting to think of this as the "Penn State Cult of the Shower Gods"

Well, as I said 10-12 is improper. I really don't think I'd find it unreasonable around 6 or so. We don't know the age.

They say the jury will be sequestered for deliberations. How long do you guys think they'll deliberate? Think it's a slam dunk or will there be holdouts?

My mother is very worried that there will be enough 'good ol boy' Penn State power on the jury for at least one hold out for not guilty. I'm hoping she's wrong, but I was 100% sure that Casey Anthony was going away for a very long time too and see how that turned out. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member