Penn State Sandusky Trial #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was about 6-7, possibly older, my mother would take me into the ladies bathroom. The idea was so she could watch me and protect me.

I'm not seeing this as being too strange.

I doubt if the coach bear hugged her.

I'm going to assume that this was in a stall, not a public latrine where all of the women were naked, and that you weren't stripped naked and expected to urinate or defecate with the group.

I guess that as you are surmising, these things are all a matter of perception. I am betting that the jurors' perceptions are going to be similar to the majority of persons who've commented on this particular issue so far.

When I was about 6-7, possibly older, my mother would take me into the ladies bathroom. The idea was so she could watch me and protect me.

My sons are that age and I bring them to the restroom with me because there are sickos in this world and they can't go alone. But I always bring them in the handicap stall with me, and we leave after we wash our hands. If we go to the pool we wait to shower until we get home. It would be very inappropriate for them to see grown women naked, showering. So the grandpa that takes his granddaughter with him is sick, in my opinion. I love my dad DEARLY but I would never allow him to shower with my daughter, let alone in a place where there will be lots of other naked men. This coverage really makes me feel like I'm in the twilight zone! Do people really believe that showering with young children is ok???????????

Gotta agree with the majority here, J.J. It's one thing to take a kid in for a quick bathroom stop but another entirely to have a naked little girl in a shower full of strange naked men. If this were my daughter she wouldn't be having any more visits with Grandpa. I'm not suggesting that this guy is a molester too, but taking a little girl into a men's locker room shower is NOT ok. WHY would he do this anyway? What possible motivation would a guy have to take his granddaughter into a locker room? That's just weird, and it's making my hometown look like they're all perverts!

Sandusky was showing off the "merchandise" and giving Anderson and other pedo coaches an opportunity to "select".

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION--there was a whole culture of pedophilia among coaches, profs, and "Second Mile" philanthropists. It was pervasive and ongoing.

DA Ray Gricar was "disappeared" because he had the goods on them.

(Again, just my own speculation.)
Pedophiliia is being viewed as more that a paraphilia in the medical literature at this time. It is viewed as a sexual orientation. Men showering together will not not force heterosexual men to turn into homosexual men. Men showering with little boys will not turn heterosexual or homosexual men into pedophiles.

Blessedly, preferential pedophiles are rare and this is why so many do not understand dangerous men like Jerry. I don't think all those men in the showers at Penn State are pedophiles and that there was a pedophile culture there. I think they were completely ignorant about pedophiles, easily duped by good ol' Jerry, and when they began to learn the truth they went into an evil, selfish, self-preservation mode (lying, denying, hiding evidence, and etc...).

IMO, by taking the boys into the showers with other men, Jerry was attempting to verify that it was perfectly okay for him to take young boys into the shower with him (desensitizing). If people were gossiping about Jerry being a pedo, then they would also have to believe that all the other men showering at that time were pedos as well since they were also in the showers.

If these idiot enablers continue to hold jobs or honorary titles at Penn State or in the State College community, they need to be immediately fired and be removed from whatever honorary titles/positions they hold. IT IS PAST THE TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE, PENN STATE!

You didn't get naked and shower did you?

No, but I'm show my father did bathe me at ages 6-8.

Never skinnydipped, but I've known people that have, with their parents.

They never bear hugged them from behind, in a shower.

Like I said a long time ago:

A. I can understand a 55 unrelated male being naked in a public shower with a naked 10-12 year old. I would not call that open lewdness.

B. I can understand a 55 unrelated male being naked in a public shower with a naked 10-12 year old, and scrubbing his back. I would probably not call that open lewdness.

C. I cannot, however, understand a 55 unrelated male being naked in a public shower with a naked 10-12 year old, and bear hugging him from behind. I would call that open lewdness.

It is where the line is clearly crossed. A wouldn't be, B might be, but C certainly is.

Pedophiliia is being viewed as more that a paraphilia in the medical literature at this time. It is viewed as a sexual orientation. Men showering together will not not force heterosexual men to turn into homosexual men. Men showering with little boys will not turn heterosexual or homosexual men into pedophiles.

Blessedly, preferential pedophiles are rare and this is why so many do not understand dangerous men like Jerry. I don't think all those men in the showers at Penn State are pedophiles and that there was a pedophile culture there. I think they were completely ignorant about pedophiles, easily duped by good ol' Jerry, and when they began to learn the truth they went into an evil, selfish, self-preservation mode (lying, denying, hiding evidence, and etc...).

IMO, by taking the boys into the showers with other men, Jerry was attempting to verify that it was perfectly okay for him to take young boys into the shower with him (desensitizing). If people were gossiping about Jerry being a pedo, then they would also have to believe that all the other men showering at that time were pedos as well since they were also in the showers. CLEAN HOUSE, PENN STATE!

If these idiot enablers continue to hold jobs or honorary titles at Penn State or in the State College community, they need to be immediately fired and be removed from whatever honorary titles/positions they hold.

At any rate, I agree that the enablers are just as guilty as the perps.

Gotta agree with the majority here, J.J. It's one thing to take a kid in for a quick bathroom stop but another entirely to have a naked little girl in a shower full of strange naked men. If this were my daughter she wouldn't be having any more visits with Grandpa. I'm not suggesting that this guy is a molester too, but taking a little girl into a men's locker room shower is NOT ok. WHY would he do this anyway? What possible motivation would a guy have to take his granddaughter into a locker room? That's just weird, and it's making my hometown look like they're all perverts!

Well, if Anderson were charged, I would vote not guilty.

There are different standards of modesty, and this really is, in no way, sexual. Creepy, perhaps. I probably wouldn't do it. It doesn't rise to the level of being criminal.

This is all disgusting.

It makes me wonder if there are men's only, chartered flights from State College to Thailand, or where ever all the pervs go to find young kids.

Sick.

As for these guys not witnessing any inappropriate behavior ---- yeah, I believe Ole Jer didn't try that business in front of other people - not even a good try at a defense IMO

I also wonder how many parents are on the phone to the Happy Valley YMCA now questioning what goes on in their showers...

One of the earlier articles stated that a victim had meals brought down to him in the basement (as if he was a prisoner in a dungeon). I'll bet only Sarge is allowed in her kitchen ,so she was the one who was cooking for the dungeon prisoner. :furious:

So true..

Waiting for JS to go down..

Goz

There are different standards of modesty, and this really is, in no way, sexual. Creepy, perhaps. I probably wouldn't do it. It doesn't rise to the level of being criminal.

Debatable!

Michael Sisak ‏@cvmikesisak

Extended delay at #Sandusky trial. Noisy spectators behind me trying to figure out what's going on. Might be chambers debate over witnesses.

~~~

Lawyer: Contrary to popular belief, defense in Pa. is not required to provide prosecutors with a list of potential witnesses. #Sandusky

~~~

Lawyer: Rarely, however, a judge will order defense to provide witness list. Not sure if that happened in #Sandusky

~~~

Agreed, there. Not a crime, but definitely creepy and inappropriate, and in no way a good character witness. Amendola shot himself in the foot with that one, I'm afraid. My first thought as a juror after hearing that little gem would be "If this guy is the only one they can find to stick up for him, that worries me. A lot."

I don't know how anyone living in that university community cannot be shocked, sickened, and angered upon hearing what has been going on in "Happy Valley" :furious: I'm glad that I'm not listening or watching live testimony because it would probably make me :puke: Shame on anyone who would condone this type of behavior by adults and young children. As Mammy in GWTW would say, "It ain't fittin'. It ain't fittin'. It just ain't fittin'."

If you want to be naked with your own family members' kids and it's okay with the parents of said kids - maybe okay (not in my family or any others I know)

Showering with and soaping up someone else's child when the parents are not present is not okay in any way.

This is all disgusting.

It makes me wonder if there are men's only, chartered flights from State College to Thailand, or where ever all the pervs go to find young kids.

Sick.
That is exactly why Jerry needs to remain in prison for decades and not paroled. Many parents in Pennsylvania will recognize his ugly mug, but he can travel if he's not in prison.

Gotta disagree - it's not even a good idea for a girl child to accompany Grandpa into a restroom, let alone a shower.

I think that testimony is beyond creepy. Grandpa wasn't just exposing his granddaughter to himself - which is bad enough in a family situation and bordering on incestuous - he was exposing her to every other man or boy in that shower area. That might actually be illegal.

She is a minor child who was told where to go and she is innocent. She had no choice in the matter. It's extremely bad judgment, even if it isn't illegal (which it might be for the same reason it was for Jerry - exposing yourself to a minor is illegal)

Male nudity plus children - not acceptable. This isn't Japan or some other country.

As a mother I question why they had to take a shower anyway. Why not just go home and shower? This whole thing stinks!!! :banghead:

Just dropped in to scan through the morning's posts.

Let me get this straight, Lawyer Joe started out his defense of an accused old child molester by bringing in 2 more old men who say they see nothing wrong with showering with un related children?

And one of these even says he strips his own granddaughter down and parades her through the men's shower at the Y????

This trial may singlehandedly bring back public hangings in PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers