Penn State Sandusky Trial #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
folks I've been to "happy valley"....one road in, one road out...

pa doesnt allow experts in a trial....

the jury cant hear an expert testify how a abused child might act

and in the closing joe davola can get up and say any bs he wants (as beth just points out)

whether its true or not

beth just said davola said LOTS of things in his closing that WERENT TRUE

one road in, one road out

no experts allowed

Vinnie thinks the jury is being misled

one road in, one road out

mike brooks agrees

jury being misled

I hope so too. If not, he's walking.

I fell very confident Jer will go down as he should. One thing in my mind is the Jurors were there. Saw the raw emotion from Victims etc. I find with only getting tweets some of it gets lost in translation. Common knowlege these Victims acted exactly like abuse victims act. Jer acted exactly like a Pedophile acts. Just jumping off your post.

I hope the SA's closing is as visceral as their testimony phase-- they need to be graphic about the pain inflicted on those innocent boys. mo

I fell very confident Jer will go down as he should. One thing in my mind is the Jurors were there. Saw the raw emotion from Victims etc. I find with only getting tweets some of it gets lost in translation. Common knowlege these Victims acted exactly like abuse victims act. Jer acted exactly like a Pedophile acts. Just jumping off your post.

I think he'll be convicted too(of some anyways) but I just worry.... I think the commonwealth needs a strong closing.

I was out all morning but heard about three charges being dismissed while I was in the car. There are still plenty of charges, and I hope this jury finds JS guilty on most if not all of them.

On one of the cable news channels yesterday, I heard (again) Sandusky's early statement about how he couldn't visit his grandkids, couldn't stand on his deck to toss a ball to his dog, yada, yada, yada, and how he was "sensitive to (each of these things)". It was all about him and how the charges affected him :puke: I hadn't known much about the guy at the time that he made this speech, but I sensed that there was something very wrong with JS. Knowing what we all know now following the trial, I'm thoroughly convinced that Sandusky has no conscience and doesn't care about anyone besides himself :moo:

I think he'll be convicted too(of some anyways) but I just worry.... I think the commonwealth needs a strong closing.

Cases like last summer dont help our confidence in Jurors does it. I'll bet they come out like gangbusters. I wouldn't be surprised either if he doesn't get all counts. At his age i think the one's he gets will ensure he never sees the light of day :moo:

You know, actually, it would be far more difficult for the prosecution to put on a WEAK case... Their case IS strong, and honestly. moo :moo:

I don't understand.

why would the SA NOT want Sandusky to testify? This makes NO sense to me. Ryan from In Session explained in his chat yesterday that atty's dream of the opportunity to cross examine a defendant. We have already seen how JS comes across in an interview situation, and its definitely NOT GOOD for him. Plus it is evident from his demeanor througout this trial, in addition to his attitude in the NBC interview, that JS would be an easy touch for a skilled atty.

SO, why in the world would the state take a strong witness like a son off the table to not have Sandusky testfy?

Any ideas?

Hopefully the jurors themselves are aware of the reaction to the Anthony debacle. I hope juries everywhere are taking their charge a lot more seriously after that devastatingly lazy display of public "service"!!! mo

eta: I'm not monitoring twitter anymore-- it dragged my old computer down to nada. Just an fyi if someone else wants to grab it...

Thanks for all your hard work, Quiche!

I will still post the twitters from WGAL if someone wants to do those from WTAE...can't keep up with both...TIA....

Gotta take a break first.....

I'll do WTAE, at least until my boss notices- hehehee

Thanks for all your hard work, Quiche!

I will still post the twitters from WGAL if someone wants to do those from WTAE...can't keep up with both...TIA....

Gotta take a break first.....

I can keep up with WTAE, my computer doesn't mind them, lol. But, a straight twitter feed has lots to offer, especially with images of the fray outside, that's what really bogs me down.

I think we're substantially covered with the two livewire feeds though... :blowkiss:

Okay amadab! You cover that and I'll look somewhere else for MORE! :D :blowkiss:

I was out all morning but heard about three charges being dismissed while I was in the car. There are still plenty of charges, and I hope this jury finds JS guilty on most if not all of them.

On one of the cable news channels yesterday, I heard (again) Sandusky's early statement about how he couldn't visit his grandkids, couldn't stand on his deck to toss a ball to his dog, yada, yada, yada, and how he was "sensitive to (each of these things)". It was all about him and how the charges affected him :puke: I hadn't known much about the guy at the time that he made this speech, but I sensed that there was something very wrong with JS. Knowing what we all know now following the trial, I'm thoroughly convinced that Sandusky has no conscience and doesn't care about anyone besides himself :moo:

That is exactly how they think. I did some work with sex offenders years back. I transferred out of that sector after a year. I couldn't take listening to the stories/fantasies. Blaming Victims or stating the child wanted it. Therefore not objective and of no help. And believe me they cant be helped. Keeping these people away from any access to children is the only way to stop it :moo:

Huge Thanks for those providing tweets. Your awesome :woohoo:

I think the jury will get hung up on the notion of intent with regards to some of the lesser charges and things will take awhile. I say they deliberate through the the next couple of days and take their time to sift through things. They'll go back and forth, possibly concede on some of the lesser charges to get everyone onboard with the overall group decision and come back around noon Monday. Verdict? Guilty on most of the counts, not all.

I'm with you. I think they are going to very deliberately go through each and every charge/count - even if they all agree (which I'm not sure they will) just the act of doing that will take a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member