Penn State Sandusky Trial #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From SG's article outlining the defense' closing-- I wondered how it was playing to the jury, this is about the extent of her notation on that:

Jurors were focused on his attorney as he paced in front of the jury box.

Amendola was very passionate. Arms flailing. At times his voice would crack in excitement.

Within Sandusky’s group of supporters was his wife, Dottie, who was leaning forward for most of the arguments. Next to her, daughter Kara Sandusky wept.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_what_if_h.html

Knowing what we all know now following the trial, I'm thoroughly convinced that Sandusky has no conscience and doesn't care about anyone besides himself :moo:

if it were any other way he would have admitted his crimes and done the time and sought help...but its more than that...i place Dottie in the same category as him...she knows...she doesnt care. imo.

oh, and joe davola too...he knows...he doesnt care...

but he gets a pass cause thats his job....supposedly.

fact remains...davola doesnt care if his client walks free, in fact, he WANTS him to walk free...

and he KNOWS his client is a predator and he should know he will continue to prey on children as long as he is able...

so, imo, joe davola is in the same boat....all he cares about is himself.

"touched" indeed

I'm on pins and needles. Can't wait to hear the Twitter version of the prosecution closing!

I'll start a new thread after that for Verdict Watch.

Cleland giving the media the stink-eye warning about running out with the verdict before court has adjourned.

Jerry Sandusky trial: Media threatened with penalties for reporting verdict before adjournment

BELLEFONTE -- News reporters and their affiliated media organization will face sanctions if they report the Jerry Sandusky sex abuse trial verdict before court is adjourned, Judge John Cleland ruled in a decorum order this morning.

The verdict will be announced count-by-count, in order by count number. Sandusky, a 68-year-old former Penn State coach, is charged with 48 counts related to child molestation.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_trial_media_thr.html

Here's the poem that Amendola referenced (though I'm not sure why he did):

Mother Teresa's Anyway Poem

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

Hold your heads up high all Victims. The truth has set you free. My thoughts are with them. Their Families and the Community :rose:

I find it offensive that Joe A compared Sandusky to Mother Teresa. Seriously? And said "Jerry wanted me to say... read..." Seriously?

I really hope the commonwealth comes through with an awesome closing. They had a strong case but I thought there was a strong case against CA too (well, not this strong). :/

Here's the poem that Amendola referenced (though I'm not sure why he did):

Mother Teresa's Anyway Poem

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway.

i note the moderators have said it is inappropriate for us to call defendants and their lawyers bad names...and so i refuse to do it.

but I'll tell you one thing...Vinnie and Beth wanted to do it, and Vinnie almost did.

Isn't Matt's ex-wife the one who had a RO against Jerry to stay away from their children?? There may be another count or two coming from his own grandchildren and probably at the civil trial. That's my take on it, but JMO.

Here's an older article that may bear some light on the subject:

Jerry Sandusky's daughter-in-law gets restraining order to keep Penn State 'paedophile' away from grandchildren

Jill Jones, ex-wife of Matt Sandusky, went to court after hearing charges
Her two girls and one boy are forbidden from staying at grandparents' home
Sandusky's wife tried to convince Ms Jones that there would be no danger
Jon Sandusky, director of personnel at Cleveland Browns, has gone on leave

By Laurie Whitwell
UPDATED: 06:04 EST, 14 November 2011

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...State-paedophile-grandkids.html#ixzz1yRnndreq

Me thinks Mother Theresa rolled over in her grave :what:

Isn't Matt's ex-wife the one who had a RO against Jerry to stay away from their children?? There may be another count or two coming from his own grandchildren and probably at the civil trial. That's my take on it, but JMO.

Jerry Sandusky's daughter-in-law gets restraining order to keep Penn State 'paedophile' away from grandchildren

By Laurie Whitwell

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...State-paedophile-grandkids.html#ixzz1yRnndreq

of course the state of PA doesnt want the jury to know THAT...surely that wouldnt be good for the defendant....and we wouldnt want that...oh no...

Here's a link to the press conference that I referenced upthread for anyone who didn't see or doesn't recall it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgwzbMgz9NA"]Sandusky makes a statement - YouTube[/ame]

cmon Karma

I heard that Karma is anticipating a quick trip! :floorlaugh:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUf7w9xVzqM"]Honda City Vtec Back Fire Flamming Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

:rocker:

Eh? They disabled it, lol, must want you to see all her fine werk! :D

By Laurie Whitwell

Good for Jill. Agree this is far from over.

OK, thanks! from your link:

Citing unnamed sources “close to the case,” NBC said prosecutors warned Jerry Sandusky’s defense team that if the defendant took the stand, prosecutors would call Matt Sandusky as a rebuttal witness. According to the sources, Matt Sandusky contacted prosecutors after the trial began with “damaging testimony” about his father’s behavior.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/06/21/3237097/nbc-sanduskys-adopted-son-ready.html#storylink=cpy

I don't understand that state decision either....let JS go ahead and show the jury how delusional he is and then his son testifies that it's all a lie....why not? hope we find out more about that....

#sandusky Defense gives closing arguments. "If he did this he should rot in jail for the rest of his life, but what if he didn't do it?"
by 8CumbCoReport via twitter 8:26 AM

Umm, what?? I find this very strange. "What if" Not, HE DIDNT DO THIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WickedDreamer83