Penn State Sandusky Trial #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Jerry Sandusky has/had a Personality Disorder how is it that he and Dottie were able to adopt so many children. How is it that so many professionals at the major university hired him, worked with him and observed him over the years?

How is it that a District Attorney passed on charging Sandusky after he met with local LE?

Tipstaff, I can only hope the jurors will think about the same questions as you. :please:

An Intriguing Figure Has Yet to Speak at Sandusky’s Sexual Assault Trial

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/18/s...is-an-intriguing-figure-in-his-case.html?_r=1

..............Through the prosecution’s presentation, though, another figure has emerged, if only vaguely: Dorothy Sandusky, Sandusky’s wife. Those who believe Sandusky to be guilty have been unsure what to make of her. Had she truly been in the dark? Was she in denial? Was she, too, culpable, having, perhaps through negligence, served as an enabler?

Did she ever confront her husband about all the young boys in their lives, and in their basement playroom, and, as has been claimed in the trial, in their hotel rooms? One accuser testified that, knowing Dorothy was upstairs in the family home, he cried out for help as Sandusky raped him. ...........

There are also hints that she failed to grasp the seriousness of her husband’s legal predicament when Sandusky was formally charged last fall.

More at link.....

Here's the unaired part the jury will receive RT @cvmikesisak: RT @IsikoffNBC: unaired Costas interview with Sandusky on.msnbc.com
by audsnyder4 via twitter 9:35 AM

#Sandusky attnys ask for dismissal, judge denies, but expresses "doubts" in at least one case. Court starts again at 10a
by sganim via twitter 9:47 AM

Prosecutors have one more "short" witness in #Sandusky case before they intend to rest this morning. Jurors arriving at 10a

15 minute break in #Sandusky trial. Prosecution to present final witness at 10am.
by JimParsons via twitter 9:47 AM

Prosecution drops one charge out of 52. Judge denies defense motions to dismiss many more charges, specifically w/ alleged victims 2, 6, 8.
by JimParsons via twitter 9:49 AM

RT @JimParsons: Prosecution withdraws one charge in #Sandusky case for statutory reasons. Crime allegedly occurred in 1995 or 96, before ...
by astockey via twitter 9:55 AM

#Sandusky case resumes without jury as defense attorney Karl Rominger ran down arguments for the judge to dismiss charges. All denied.
by sganim via twitter 9:52 AM

http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1xnvTzIJx

kip richael, the co author of Touched, is being interviewed on IS. He said he doesn't think Jerry is a monster, he may just have a double life.

WTH

wm

ABC News: Sandusky Turns to Wife for Defense

Joseph Amendola, the defense attorney who suggested in opening arguments that Sandusky might take the stand to defend himself, will likely ask Dottie Sandusky to take the stand to testify she never suspected her husband of doing anything improper with the young boys he mentored.

#Sandusky case resumes without jury as defense attorney Karl Rominger ran down arguments for the judge to dismiss charges. All denied.

by sganim via twitter9:52 AM

Prosecution withdraws one charge in #Sandusky case for statutory reasons. Crime allegedly occurred in 1995 or 96, before state law changed.

by JimParsons via twitter9:51 AM

RT @sganim: Prosecutors have one more "short" witness in #Sandusky case before they intend to rest this morning. Jurors arriving at 10a

by audsnyder4 via twitter9:51 AM

Watching Sandusky coverage on InSession tv. Had the co-author of "Touched" on. He said Jerry gave him that book title before started writing

by audsnyder4 via twitter9:50 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1y9XcEt5f

Note: WTAE has some good pictures of everybody arriving and the town...

Here's the unaired part the jury will receive RT @cvmikesisak: RT @IsikoffNBC: unaired Costas interview with Sandusky on.msnbc.com
by audsnyder4 via twitter 9:35 AM

#Sandusky attnys ask for dismissal, judge denies, but expresses "doubts" in at least one case. Court starts again at 10a

Prosecutors have one more "short" witness in #Sandusky case before they intend to rest this morning. Jurors arriving at 10a

15 minute break in #Sandusky trial. Prosecution to present final witness at 10am.
by JimParsons via twitter 9:47 AM

Prosecution drops one charge out of 52. Judge denies defense motions to dismiss many more charges, specifically w/ alleged victims 2, 6, 8.
by JimParsons via twitter 9:49 AM

http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1xnvTzIJx

Thanks for the update. I wonder which case the judge has doubts about?

kip richael, the co author of Touched, is being interviewed on IS. He said he doesn't think Jerry is a monster, he may just have a double life.

WTH

wm

Um, is Richael admitting his belief Sandusky is a child rapist and in his admission allowing that he Richael missed this? Thus the double life comment?

Thanks for all the updates. I'm watching IS and you all are way ahead! Hmmm... not unusual around here!

Onward State‏@OnwardState

Cleland denied the motion, although since charge 33 has been dropped by the prosecution, #Sandusky now faces 51 charges.

~~~

Drew Balis‏@drewBbalis

RT @OnwardState Cleland denied the motion, although since charge 33 has been dropped by the prosecution, #Sandusky now faces 51 charges.

~~~

Michael Sisak‏@cvmikesisak

There was some confusion because court and AG use different numbering systems on docket sheets vs. criminal information. #Sandusky

~~~

John Clark NBC10‏@johnclarknbc10

Prosecutors may present unaired portions of NBC News' Sandusky interview for damaging statement. http://on.msnbc.com/KWW1JO

~~~

Dave Bondy‏@WPXI_DaveBondy

One count has been withdrawn because law wasn't in place when alleged crime took place. Now 51 charges. #sandusky.

~~~

93.7 The Bus‏@937thebus

#Sandusky The jury will return to the courtroom and the last witness for the prosecution taking the stand shortly. Last update til recess.

Um, is Richael admitting his belief Sandusky is a child rapist and in his admission allowing that he Richael missed this? Thus the double life comment?

He said he read the GJ docs in March and gave Jer the benefit of the doubt, but said it is difficult to ignore the testimony of the alleged victims this past week.

He stopped short of giving an opinion of guilt or innocence.

Prosecutors drop one count against Sandusky regarding Victim 7, "Unlawful Contact," a 3rd Degree Felony. The statute didn't exist when the incident occurred.

Looks like he's ready to fight today....Go McGettigan!!

picture.php

RT @sganim: Court resumes now w jury. One prosecution witness, then defense starts presenting its case. Says it'll take 3 days. t ...

by matthewkemeny via twitter10:08 AM

RT @sganim: #Sandusky Judge John Cleland said he was concerned about a broad time frame of alleged abuse, but says it's up to jury to de ...

by matthewkemeny via twitter10:08 AM

Court resumes now w jury. One prosecution witness, then defense starts presenting its case. Says it'll take 3 days. www.pennlive.com

by sganim via twitter10:03 AM

#Sandusky Judge John Cleland said he was concerned about a broad time frame of alleged abuse, but says it's up to jury to determine.

by sganim via twitter10:00 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1y9bYYxjE

#Sandusky judge "doubts" were about case of Vic.6, but he denied motion to dismiss and will let jury decide

by sganim via twitter10:09 AM

RT @DanWetzel: State withdraws one count vs #Sandusky. So good news, now only charged with 51. Bad news? That's still enough for maybe 4 ...

by audsnyder4 via twitter10:09 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1y9c1jWw6

Details on charge that was dropped:

http://via.me/-25q1w2i

~~~

CNNNortheastDesk‏@CNNNEDesk

#Sandusky lawyer "“On Accuser #6, I believe he blacks out and can’t really remember what happened after that "

~~~

CNNNortheastDesk‏@CNNNEDesk

#Sandusky lawyer to judge "if you take Mr. McQueary at face value. He didn’t see penetration; he didn’t see genitals "

~~~

Sara Ganim‏@sganim

@PayneApayne Time frame have to do with statute of limitations. Def wants more specific time frames to determine if #Sandusky was elsewhere.

~~~

Dan Wetzel‏@DanWetzel

State withdraws one count vs #Sandusky. So good news, now only charged with 51. Bad news? That's still enough for maybe 400 years in prison

~~~

WGAL finally tunes in:

The prosecution did agree to drop one count (of the 52), but the judge denied the defense on all the others.

by WGAL 10:05 AM

Monday morning, the defense tried again to get charges dismissed because they say the prosecution wasn’t specific enough in saying when the alleged crimes happened.

by WGAL 10:05 AM

We have an update from News 8's Matt Barcaro regarding what happened so far this morning in court. We'll add that shortly.

by WGAL 10:04 AM

The defense is about to take center stage in Jerry Sandusky's child sexual abuse trial, and that could include the defendant himself taking the stand.

Prosecutors could rest their case sometime Monday, and Sandusky's lawyers have signaled they will put on a case of their own.

Sandusky's lawyer suggested to jurors that he may testify, but that's a risk that defense lawyers are normally reluctant to take.

Another potential witness is Sandusky's wife Dottie, who's been sequestered since the trial began a week ago.

The 68-year-old former Penn State assistant coach is charged with the sexual abuse of 10 boys over 15 years, allegations he denies. He faces 52 counts.

Jurors have already heard from 20 prosecution witnesses, including eight young men who say he sexually abused them as children.

by WGAL 8:44 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1y9chMNBE

Newly released part of Costas Interview:

"I'm a very passionate person in terms of trying to make a difference in the lives of some young people," Sandusky said in the interview. "I worked very hard to try to connect with them. To make them feel good about themselves. To be something significant in their lives. Maybe this gets misinterpreted, has gotten depending on. … I know a lot of young people where it hasn't. I have worked with many, many young people where there has been no misinterpretation of my actions and I have made a very significant difference in their lives.

Costas then challenged Sandusky.

"But isn't what you're just describing the classic MO of many pedophiles?" he asked. "And that is that they gain the trust of young people, they don't necessarily abuse every young person. There were hundreds, if not thousands of young boys you came into contact with, but there are allegations that at least eight of them were victimized. Many people believe there are more to come. So it's entirely possible that you could've helped young boy A in some way that was not objectionable while horribly taking advantage of young boy B, C, D and E. Isn't that possible?

Sandusky replied: "Well -- you might think that. I don't know. In terms of -- my relationship with so many, many young people. I would -- I would guess that there are many young people who would come forward. Many more young people who would come forward and say that my methods and -- and what I had done for them made a very positive impact on their life. And I didn't go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I've helped. There are many that I didn't have -- I hardly had any contact with who I have helped in many, many ways."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-portions-of-nbc-news-sandusky-interview?lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member