Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Schell, AOPC (state courts) says he can't confirm 9 p.m. cutoff for deliberations; jury being brought in for logistical planning.
by cvmikesisak via twitter 5:16 PM

RT @astockey: #Sandusky jury tells judge deliberations until 9pm tonight then resume in morning
by cvmikesisak via twitter 5:12 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1yTcDNGAy

Supposedly MS only contacted the prosecution team yesterday. I am not sure if I believe this, but I am sending mental hugs and applause
for MS admitting this horror occurred to him by his adopted dad.

Absolutely, he is extremely brave and I hope at least some of his siblings will support him. Does anyone know the ages the other children were when adopted?

Jerry Sandusky's 'make-believe world'
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/19/us/sandusky-memoir-profile/index.html

Some things caught my attention.

His book -- so much in demand that its price soared over $100 on eBay last week -- provides a glimpse of a man who is not very introspective and admits to his own immaturity.

In his book, Sandusky describes an exchange with a defiant boy in a psychiatric facility -- a child who initially welcomed his visits but grew cold toward him.

"You know, it's not right to treat people like this," Sandusky says he told the boy. "You should talk to me." He adds that the boy "laid into me, screaming from the top of his lungs, 'Get out of here! Get out of here!'"

He was an only child, but at the Bug House he never lacked for company. One of his constant companions was a mentally challenged boy everyone called Big Ern. "I used to take Ernie to the movies or we'd go swimming together, and I taught him how to play basketball," he recalls in the book.

But while Art Sandusky was seen as a pillar of the town, his son, by his own admission, was a bit of a scamp. He hated schoolwork and reveled in practical jokes, water balloon fights and wrestling matches.

His pranks once landed him in the local jail; it was meant more as a lesson than as a punishment. "My stomach churned at the sight in front of us," he writes. "The heavy steel bars; the singular exposed light. I vowed to remember my words of despair in that dank and lonely jail cell. The ones to the effect of growing up and cutting out the nonsense. I think Art's boy has grown up quite a bit since then, but the nonsense? Well, I think there's still a lot of that left to spread around."

He is clearly immature no matter when he was a teenager or adult. :crazy:

So not surprised Sandusky abused his son. No matter what happens with this jury, I'm sure the investigations into Sandusky and his relationship with young boys will continue. There's no way it's just 10, now 11 with his son. No way.

I bet this guy has victims in their 50s.

he jury of 5 men, 7 women started deliberating at 1:12 p.m. They're deliberating in Courtroom. It's the only place they're allowed to deliberate.

They will be able to look over evidence again if they request it, and they can ask the judge a question -- however that has to happen in open court.

If they don't decide a verdict tonight, they'll be shuttled to a local hotel for sequestering. They won't be able to bring cell phones, computers, anything that can transmit information. They'll be staying in separate rooms. The phones and TVs will be disconnected.

They're not allowed to talk about the case on the way to or from the hotel.

The jury sets its own schedule.

Juror 16 was dismissed, the judge says she won't be needed. Alternates 2 and 3 (remember, alternate 1 is now juror 6) are not party to the deliberations but they're being sequestered separately as a precaution. If they're needed to fill in on the jury, the deliberations will start again.
by WGAL 4:39 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yTdCZllD

Maybe due to the twitter crash but all the prosecutor's closing is gone from WTAE for now, but I remember reading that McGettigan brought out that the defense only asked about dates, times of the offenses, not about the particular actions of JS when questioning the victims.

He said this is because they knew that the vicitms were ready to fight them with even more information about what JS had done.

It's back up and here's the quote:

McGettigan (cont'd): Spectrum of witnesses. Witnesses have different capacities for recollection. And different facilities for speaking. Fear, nervousness, difficult task all impact how people testify. (Explaining why some witnesses were weak on stand). Don’t assume a witness was lying if they appeared nervous.

Memories were buried.

Defense counsel never asked about abuse, intercourse, never asked about that. He asked about other things…reason he didn’t ask about specific instances is because…sometimes witnesses fight back and give more details about crimes.

by WTAE.com/ Web staff 1:14 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1ySjHIqKL

------

This comment by Amendola is supposed to explain why JS didn't testify....very weak...a TV interviewer compared to the prosecutor? Doesn't hack it with me....the defense team was very scared about how JS would appear on the stand and what he might slip up and admit:

Folks, what more could that man say? He went on national TV with a guy every bit as tough as Joe McGettigan. Tough questions, tough answers.

by WTAE.com/ Web staff 12:01 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1ySNmrOMJ

Sorry to take up so much room, but READER, I want to say THANKS (LOVE YOU) for your hard work transcribing all of this. I watched on and off all day but never heard actual reportage of the prosecution closing.

Just to say, Dottie's bubble is burst with their son coming forward. She could lie all she wanted and swear she didn't hear anything from those "troublemaking" young men who were terrorized in her basement (she can't really remember how many times)....but it's another story altogether to explain away years of it with your own adopted son living right under your roof. Maybe she was snuffling in the court room today because she got word that her son was going to spill the beans. As Jake Blues said to The Penguin (Blues Brothers)....well, then, it looks like we're up S * * * Creek."

Consider the RAGE this young man has against not only Sandusky, but also his so-called "mother", who failed to protect him.

As a jury foreperson, I would take a vote and then if anyone is still undecided, would ask what they required to help them with their decision. Yes, that is a heck of a lot of information to sift through. Hopefully, it will be just a minor detail that needs clarification.

How many forms do they have to fill out? Is it one form per charge?

My concern is some of the jurors have ties to Penn State. Are any of you concerned about that? Wasn't the alternate juror who just recently filled for one of the jurors connected somehow to JS?

I am very concerned about it. I hope I am wrong but I know the hold Penn State football has over these folks---not these particular folks, but the people of central PA. Many of them would die for Penn State.

The Daily Collegian‏@DailyCollegian

.@RockCenterNBC is airing an interview at 10 tonight with a man who said #Sandusky abused him more than 100 times: http://bit.ly/NeHFWF

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite
-----

Kevin McGuire‏@KevinOnCFB

#Sandusky verdict cannot be televised, & no reporter/outlet may share news until court is adjourned. Via @CBSPhilly, http://cbsloc.al/LJAFG2

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite
------
Ron Musselman‏@rmusselmansc

New info. RT @MattMooreAP: New #Sandusky accuser filed civil suit against ex-PSU coach, #PSU, (cont) http://tl.gd/hv4502

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite
------

Bill Latchford‏@PCOorg

@WTAJnews - If #Sandusky is found Guilty, he will be considered the Epitome of the Child Sexual Predator. Means / Motive / Status.

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite
-----
Joe Holden‏@JoeHoldenWBRE

"@OrenCBS3: #Sandusky jury may be coming back shortly for "logistical planning." Wrapping for the night?

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

re: Matt Sandusky, HLN speculated this afternoon that the perhaps the reason that Matt wasn't called was because of the statute of limitations (10 years). Matt is now 33 years old. They also said that the Sandusky's met him through Second Mile, and eventually adopted him.

I am very concerned about it. I hope I am wrong but I know the hold Penn State football has over these folks---not these particular folks, but the people of central PA. Many of them would die for Penn State.

I'm not a football fan, but nobody wants to cheer, "We are...the place that protect pedophiles."

long story about Matt's background and how he came to live with JS.
wow - I hadn't seen this one

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/03/jerry_sandusky_adopted_son_had.html

Clipped from the article:

Well before Sandusky was accused of being a child molester, Matt’s biological mother was the lone voice of concern when Sandusky took her son into foster care in 1996. Notes to her attorney show she challenged the court, made accusations of stalkinglike behavior against Sandusky and suspected abuse.

The article states that Matt's ex-wife told reporters whenever Sandusky would phone, Matt would take the call in private. And following every phone call, he would throw up.

PennLive.com‏@pennlive

Prosecution releases letters #Sandusky wrote to alleged Victim 4 http://bit.ly/MzglUb

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

6m

re: Matt Sandusky, HLN speculated this afternoon that the perhaps the reason that Matt wasn't called was because of the statute of limitations (10 years). Matt is now 33 years old. They also said that the Sandusky's met him through Second Mile, and eventually adopted him.

It was extended in 2007. I think he's covered under it.

I'm hearing rumors of something happening in Bellefonte; the parties are heading to the Courthouse.

God bless these boys (young men), who had the courage to come forward :grouphug:

Andrew Stockey‏@astockey

#Sandusky court reconvening. Sounds like jury instructions and schedule will be discussed.

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

16m

@jj what are you reading/watching...

I'm desperate for news...stuck in Florida

Attny for one accuser thanks media for protecting his name. 'that was one of his biggest concerns'
by sganim via twitter 8:42 PM

Judge foresees resuming court at 9 am tomorrow, though #Sandusky jury is now back deliberating. Not clear when they will finish.
by cvmikesisak via twitter 8:39 PM

#Sandusky and attorney Amendola were not present in court for question. Judge says they waved right to be here.
by cvmikesisak via twitter 8:39 PM

#Sandusky McQueary testimony review could take two hours ... Dranov another 20 minutes
by astockey via twitter 8:38 PM

#Sandusky jury still deciding when they want to knock off for the night. Judge suggests 9:30pm but they could go longer.
by astockey via twitter 8:38 PM

A LOT of people, spectators are gathering at the courthouse this evening, watching #Sandusky spectacle
by sganim via twitter 8:38 PM

#Sandusky jury wants to review McQueary and Dranov testimony. Judge will allow it tomorrow morning starting at 9am.
by astockey via twitter 8:37 PM

Jury also wants to hear testimony of McQueary family friend Dr. Dranov. #Sandusky
by cvmikesisak via twitter 8:36 PM

Jury may continue deliberating #Sandusky case, but appears stuck on charges related to incident McQueary says he witnessed in Feb 2001

Judge says McQueary testimony can be read from transcript or played from audio recording. Will take two hours. #Sandusky

BREAKING: No verdict in #Sandusky trial tonight. Jury wants to hear Mike McQueary testimony again, judge says he will play tape tmw morning.

#Sandusky court reconvening. Sounds like jury instructions and schedule will be discussed.
by astockey via twitter 8:22 PM

Geez, what if the jury voted not-guilty and then the first thing they find out afterwards is that Matt has come forward? Yowzer!

Praying that doesn't happen.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member