Penn State's athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child sex case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is disturbing that not only does he have such a low bond, but that it also is the type that didn't require him to actually put forth any money up front. I did hear on one of the many reports that he is not allowed access to his grandchildren without supervision. I do wonder if McQuery is a previous victim. That would explain some of his reaction.

But how about for the students? If my kid was at school there, I'd like for them to have something to look forward to on Saturday. Should they be punished too?

If my kid were at school there I would be a lot more concerned about:

a) was there ever anything that affected him? I know Sandusky was gone, but obviously the school is a safe place for violent sexual predators to bring their victims.

b) the potential for him being mixed up in the violence of the riots

c) what kind of life lessons he's learning from his fellow students and some of the adults who think a football game is more important than the lives of the victims - victims who might NOT have been victims if McQueary or Paterno or the rest of them grew a set and acted like the decent men we thought they were.

Sure, we'd all like to look forward to something on Saturday. But Copernicus called just now to remind us that the world does not revolve around these kids having a fun football Saturday. That is so far down the list of what's important here!

So Sandusky's abusive activities may have been going on since 1977. It doesn't seem likely that his criminal sexual practices just began in 1998.

I do hope LE and the state Atty General's office fully investigates Sandusky's involvement with The Second Mile, from day one.

JMO

And I hope the Atty General's office tells us why their former DA Ray Gricar dropped the ball when he had what basically amounts to a confession from Sandusky.

I am not defending Ray per se, but does anyone know if the vic was willing to put himself out there? I simply caught a snip of the mother's interview, but what struck me was the lack of detail she had at the time. I think her son didnt tell her everything. AND you have to believe that Sandusky did a head game on these kids...I am quite certain that they blamed themselves to a degree.

God Bless them. :(

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
If I told you Pennsylvania authorities released Sandusky w/ out asking him to put up one thin dime in bail, would you believe me?
9 minutes ago

Sandusky's bail for 40 counts of child rape was already a laughably low $100,000. Of which he paid authorities in State College exactly zero
4 minutes ago

Understandable though, it's not like Sandusky's house is literally 1,000 feet from an elementary school ... WAIT http://bit.ly/uBM4jC
1 minute ago

http://twitter.com/#!/SPORTSbyBROOKS

Makes me think Sandusky knows thing or two about a person or two.

I know money won't heal these poor boy's emotional scars,but I think Sandusky's and all the other people who covered up salaries,pensions,retirements, whatever they earned over the yrs being at PS should go to all the victims in this case..and this is JMO!
Those young boys/men were put through h*ll for so long and will continue to live through their personal h*ll for the rest of their lives
I can't even imagine what their lives have been like since this has happened to them. Sandusky and all the others should be made to live the way these poor children grew up-poor,ashamed,scared and no one to turn to for help!!They must be made an example of to show the world-We will not allow you to rob these poor children/men other day feeling lost,miserable and scared to speak! Their day has come to see- you all pay for your crimes against them!!May god be with all the victims in this case!! JMO

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bigten/story/2011-11-10/Jerry-Sandusky-Penn-State-sex-abuse/51161186/1

Sandusky, free on $100,000 bond and under a judge's order to have no contact with minors, lives in State College.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-5090667-504083.html

the man accused of killing and mutilating 19 cats, was slapped with a $249,500 bail by a Florida judge

IMO The cat killer shouldn't have a higher bond than Sandusky. Shameful!!

I'm am a local to State College, PA and a PSU grad. I've seen this unfold right in front of my eyes and I'd like to add my two cents.

I haven't been posting in the past two days because I've been too busy organizing charity benefits to take place during this weekends final home football game. Firstly, after days of being ingored by the university administration I was unable to get permission for the child abuse prevention charities I have been working with to collect donations at this saturday's final home game. However, a group of us local musicians have a new plan in force.

This evening in State College: The First Annual Night of Giving. The local music community: my band, my husbands band and literally EVERY band playing tonight and all local bar establishments will be donating their earnings to support child abuse victims and for prevention and awareness. Please see our FB page and share if you would like.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=302876676407779

Now, everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the way this whole situation unfolded. But please keep in mind that ONE man has brought down an entire institution by his actions. And by institution I mean the administration, employees, current students, alumni, an entire community...literaly an uncountable amount of people. Not to mention the legacy that is Penn State. Too much focus of this has been on the football. Penn State is more than just an athletic program. It's the lifeline of the community I live in and we're all suffering.

The main stream media is rediculous. According to the New York Times, UPenn has lost their coach. Talk about insulting. If we're going to get bashed by the media, they can at least get the University correct. Please don't get your information from ESPN, Fox Sports , TMZ or the Huffington Post. You want to know the NEWS about events as they unfold? Visit our local media sites. Centre Daily Times, State College.com, Onward State. Those are the best sources. Or ask me. Most of us locals know what's going on before it even hits the media.

Speaking of which...no. McQeary will not have any involvement in coaching this saturday. He won't even be at the stadium.

There is NO wearing white in support of Paterno this saturday. It's a BLUE OUT and it's for both PSU and Nebraska fans in support of aboloshing child abuse. T-shirts and ribbons are available all over town.

The "riot". Yes. Out of the thousands of students that were peacefully demonstrating their anger that Paterno was not permitted to coach the last home game of his career, a handfull students got out of control. What you probably didn't see on ESPN the next day was students that weren't involved in causing the damage on the streets cleaning up the mess that those few students had made the night before.

It seems that people are forgetting the most important factor in the whole situation...and that's the Sandusky victims. How about a little less focus on all the politics, football program and bashing my Alma Mater and hometown in general and more on supporting them?

kina1011

Attachments

• 298146_10150364822072151_732367150_8204431_1509802747_n.jpg
    298146_10150364822072151_732367150_8204431_1509802747_n.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 6
It is disturbing that not only does he have such a low bond, but that it also is the type that didn't require him to actually put forth any money up front. I did hear on one of the many reports that he is not allowed access to his grandchildren without supervision. I do wonder if McQuery is a previous victim. That would explain some of his reaction.

"if McQuery is a previous victim" would this not take it to a whole new level? McQuery had a father as that is who he immediately called so I would assume they were close. So far, the victims have been described as coming from foster or severely dysfunctional homes.

However, the thought does run around in my mind that with the exposure Sandusky had to boys, there may have been boys from nice homes who he could "read" and be accepting of his kindness! :furious:

I believe McQueary was concerned about one thing --- that he didn't do anything to ruin his career path with one of the most prestigious college football teams/coach.

Sick.

DH was telling me what he heard about how all of this came to light. He was listening to a radio show on the way to work and this is what they reported: that one of the victims, who is now an adult, just happened to be in a convenience store and saw Sandusky in there buying a slurpee/drink for a young boy. He went ballistic and decided to come forward.

Does anyone know if that is true? Just curious.

~snip~

McQueary, who testified that he saw Sandusky sodomizing a boy in the shower,

~snip~

According to the grand jury report, McQueary told Paterno what he saw Sandusky doing the next day

~snip~

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/psu-mcqueary-coach-saturday-due-threats-14930217

This was a 10 year old child and McQueary looked the other way while Sandusky raped him and waited until the next day to tell Paterno.

McQueary should be fired immediately. moo

I wish I could truly know he feels...I can't imagine the huge amount of guilt he has been living with(or at least should have been living with)...but I want to know if he did feel bad before this came to light, and if he is relieved it came to light...not that it would make anything any better, I would just like to know his true reasons for not coming forward...was it a since of coworker comradery? Was it fear?

One word....Greed. Greed for power, greed for money, greed for recognition brought on by the success of the football team. Mustn't do anything to jeopardize the success of the team. :furious:

Even know how many articles have you read that are strictly about the crimes that were committed against these children and that don't some where in the story give some recognition to the success of the football program at the school?

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...duskys-charges-could-extend-to-texas/related/

In the 23-page grand jury indictment of Sandusky, “Victim 4″ alleges he was assaulted by Sandusky during the trip for the 1999 Alamo Bowl. That game, of course, would be Sandusky’s last with Penn State — a 24-0 shutout win over Texas A&M (pictured). According to the indictment, Victim 4 was listed as a member of Sandusky’s family party on trips to the 1998 Outback Bowl and 1998 Alamo Bowl, as Victim 4 had become “a fixture in the Sandusky household.”
What in the world does that have to do with the story and why did they feel the need to put it in there?

I wish anyone defending Penn State's handling and Paterno could have listened to Chris Matthews last night on MSNBC. He gave a very graphic description of what that assistant coach did to an 11 year old boy under his charge. We apply these fluffy terms like 'molestation' which really don't convey the true horror involved. Maybe these kids at PS who rushed out into the street would feel differently if they were old enough to have kids themselves.
I also wonder if McQueary was a childhood abuse victim as well. I also wonder if what we're seeing now is the tip of the iceberg, I hope not.

Kinalyn,

Thanks was not enough! Your local view and concern for the victims is where the focus NEEDS to be. Thank you for your work and please don't stop. The world needs more people like you.:seeya:

I am just appalled by the lack of laws in Pennsylvania *requiring* state employees to report suspected child abuse to LE. I have worked in numerous schools in the DC metro area and for a major university in another state, and have had to not only sign an agreement but attend a presentation about how it was my legal responsibility to report child abuse (or suspected child abuse).

It is taken very seriously in most states. Why not Pennsylvania?!?

(ETA: This is a rhetorical question/vent b/c I do know that the wheels are being set in motion to change the law in Pennsylvania)

Now, everyone is entitled to their own opinion about the way this whole situation unfolded. But please keep in mind that ONE man has brought down an entire institution by his actions.

One man didn't bring it down. What brought it down was the cover up. Had the charges been promptly reported the University could have saved face but instead they chose to save their football team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan