Penn State's athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child sex case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just read an intriguing post on a message board. the poster suggests the possibility that after years of living with a guilty conscience, mcqueary hears about the 2007 investigation, and finally goes to the grand jury on his own. it's a good post, in which the person explains how he came to the conclusion that there's no other way the grand jury would have known. can i link to it or no? can i drop some hints as to where people can find it?

You can post a link to the information, providing the link doesn't come up as asteriks.

Salem

It is easy to hate a vicious rapist who jumps out of the darkness to attack you. But how to hate the loving relative who makes your birthday cake and wraps you the best Christmas presents?
-------
Was this "person" ever caught by LE?

-------
Was this "person" ever caught by LE?

I never told anyone about the abuse for years. And I only did so after his untimely and violent death. I wonder if I ever would have told if he had not died so unexpectedly. Instead, I moved far away from my extended family and cut myself off from them. The few people that I did share the secrets with, did NOT want to hear it though. I told my mother, and she began to cry real tears, but then she kind of tucked it away, and never spoke of it again. :rose:

Here are two quotes that I think of in this Penn State situation:

Fools rush in.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

What comes to my mind-

A coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero only one.

Prayers for the victims~

It is my belief that Sandusky will never see one day in prison! With 40 counts of child molestation against him, he got a low bail and did not pay one cent. Also, he was released, which in my opinion he fits the criteria of "being a threat to the community - little boys". So he has already Scored 1 & 2!

This tragedy is so deep and reaches so far, it will take ages to pull it together. IMO the missing DA is related to the Sandusky case. Sandusky is not a young man; add the time his lawyers will need to work on his present charges plus additional charges that are likely to come, either natural causes will take him or lawyer dealing will keep the ole boy out of prison.

The United States MUST rewrite the laws and penalties for child rape to make it a severe felony! No easy peasy, pat your hand rules, slap a bracelet on an ankle!

This kind of abuser, the 'do-gooder' that is loving and caring and nurturing, while also raping the victim, is a particularly sick kind of perp. My uncle, who raped me for years, was also very loving and caring and paid a lot of attention to us during my parents divorce. He was able to move in and take advantage of us by being so active in our needy lives. And that is one reason it is so sick. Because the victim feels so pulled in opposite directions.
It is easy to hate a vicious rapist who jumps out of the darkness to attack you. But how to hate the loving relative who makes your birthday cake and wraps you the best Christmas presents?

And here this guy 'adopts' a needy child and takes him in, pretends to be a loving father. Pfftttt. :mad:

Katydid23, I'm sorry for what you went through. It's awful what our 'family' does to us sometimes.

Even more weird about the adoption--- Sandusky adopted him as an adult. :waitasec:

What comes to my mind-

A coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero only one.

Prayers for the victims~

--------
So, how many times have you immediately intervened in a situation that would put you in danger?

I have, several times.

Also, I have been a victim many times over, as have family members. I think I've read that you have been as well.

Sandusky made 118 calls to victim #1 over a 18-19 month period. That averages out close to at least 2 calls per week. Personally, I would start asking questions if another adult was calling my child that frequently. The mother may well not have even known the calls were coming in though. The predator likely called when he knew an adult was not around.

Anyone have any idea how far back into Sandusky's phone records LE would have had access too? It would be interesting to know if he was calling other young males at that time as well and just HOW MUCH time he was on the phone with boys.

Does one get the feeling that they still don't get it?

Jerry Sandusky's autobiography, 'Touched,' is still available at The Penn State Bookstore (pennlive.com)
Published: Friday, November 11, 2011, 6:11 PM
---
"It is hopefully just a mistake, that they still have that [book] out and it's still available here,'' said one recent Penn State alum who glanced at the book, just to make sure it really was on sale. He asked that his name not be used.

Nope. It's not an oversight. A university bookstore spokesman said he was aware the book, which explores Sandusky's work with the children's charity he founded, The Second MIle, and his football career, was on display. It's located in the middle of the store, located on Pollack Road, not far from Old Main.
---
more at link above

--------
So, how many times have you immediately intervened in a situation that would put you in danger?

I have, several times.

Also, I have been a victim many times over, as have family members. I think I've read that you have been as well.

I have intervened in situations that put me in danger. Immediately, without hesitation and without regret.

I believe some people are just wired that way.

Fools rush in.

Discretion is the better part of valor refers to choosing to retreat when you are hopelessly outnumbered and have no chance of winning; live to fight another day and all that. I seriously doubt that a 28 yo former player couldn't have at least given a middle aged Sandusky a run for his money. Sadly, the 10yo didn't stand a chance.

--------

I have, several times.

Numerous times. Sometimes I was right. Sometimes it was a misunderstanding. How many times do I regret? NONE. Because if I had turned away and there really was something horrible happening, I would not have been able to live with myself.

I have intervened in situations that put me in danger. Immediately, without hesitation and without regret.

As have I, and, I will continue to do so if the occasion presents.

--------

I have, several times.

i saw the question you asked me before. and i actually took the time to answer it. which is saying a lot, frankly.

for whatever reason, the answer has went to mods for approval, and in no longer see the post with the question.

challenging people with questions you hope they cannot answer might make you feel good, but it's hardly a means of finding a decent justification for failing to protect a child where protection was so clearly necessary. there is no justification. the end. period.

Ever been in a situation where you were the victim, and the police didn't believe you?

Or, had a sister who was most likely raped by LE?

I have also stepped in. I once witnessed a man at a gas station throwing a woman on the hood of his car. I hollered and asked if she wanted the police. When she said yes, I walked over to the pay phone and starred to call. The man came over and tried to take the phone as he hung it up. I guess he could tell looking at me that I was not going to give up and he left. I stayed until the police arrived and gave my statement. Several months later I was summoned to appear and testified against him. The attorney asked if I was frightened and my response was that when I saw this I had to step in to stop it.

Another time, I stopped a woman in a store that was hitting her 2 year old on his bare legs with a switch, and was not letting up. She had already hit him at least 6 times when I told her to stop. I spanked my kids but this was a beating. She then threatened me. The store manager arrived and said if we didn't stop he was calling the police. I told him to please do so in order to file a report of child abuse. The woman left right away. I often have worried about what happened to that little boy.

Fools rush in.

Sorry, I don't get that at all. Valor is associated with honor, bravery, virtue...

I see nothing honorable, brave, or virtuous in the "discrete" handling of child abuse.

And I wish some "fool" had rushed in to save that 10 year-old child from being raped.

------------
IMO, from experience, not directly related here: There is a power differential between a grad. asst. or a janitor and the Director of the Athletics Program who was lauded for being a role model at a charity organization he headed.

I'm fairly certain that both the grad. asst. and the janitor were scared, very scared about what could happen to them if they "snitched."

Concentric, your statement makes sense. That is why I can empathize with MM and the janitor. In a sense, I see them as victims as well. Can you imagine witnessing such a thing, and in the context of the situation? The reason I say this, as a victim of sexual harassment and some of the bizarre behavior I've experienced, it's as if your mind cannot comprehend what your senses are telling you. And being young, or inexperienced in the world, puts you at an extreme disadvantage in knowing the "right" thing to do. There is just too much sensory damage that is being done to you while you process what you have seen/heard, it is paralyzing. Yes, some people would respond by acting. Others would be overwhelmed and literally in shock. We can't know how we would react in that situation unless we had experienced it ourselves. I doubt that there was much thought put into "what will happen to my career" by MM. I suspect both he and the janitor were overcome by fear. The dirty secret was "rubbed off" on them. And, I believe the brain's natural response to something like that is to try to purge the memories. They did what he knew to do at the time. Was it enough? Maybe not, but I really believe they acted in good faith, all things considered. JMO.

I have also stepped in. I once witnessed a man at a gas station throwing a woman on the hood of his car. I hollered and asked if she wanted the police. When she said yes, I walked over to the pay phone and starred to call. The man came over and tried to take the phone as he hung it up. I guess he could tell looking at me that I was not going to give up and he left. I stayed until the police arrived and gave my statement. Several months later I was summoned to appear and testified against him. The attorney asked if I was frightened and my response was that when I saw this I had to step in to stop it.

Another time, I stopped a woman in a store that was hitting her 2 year old on his bare legs with a switch, and was not letting up. She had already hit him at least 6 times when I told her to stop. I spanked my kids but this was a beating. She then threatened me. The store manager arrived and said if we didn't stop he was calling the police. I told him to please do so in order to file a report of child abuse. The woman left right away. I often have worried about what happened to that little boy.

FlMom777, it took a lot of courage to step forward like you did.

:blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member