Penn State's athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child sex case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Joe Pa-this was his watch. The locker room, the staff, the behavior of former staff, the perjury of his staff...his watch, right? At a minimum, he is a remarkably ineffective leader if children were being raped in his locker room in full view of others and he knew nothing about it.

McQueary did what he has always done. Turned coat then ran to Daddy. Sandusky is a disgusting excuse of a human. This 'story' goes way further up, not only the PSU food chain, but up into gov't officials as well. Paterno is being crucified for doing all of the right things. He didn't turn a blind eye and he never perjured himself to the grand jury as Schulz and Curly have. But Paterno is the one paying both in the media and in his personal life. Look, I have children and would NEVER support someone who covered up or did not report molestation. I was raised a PSU fan and so are my daughters. Please remember that Sandusky is the villain here. The victims are the children. Paterno is the scapegoat. I am attending tomorrows game. My friend and I had tix way before this occurred. We are going to paternos home to offer support then join the other alumni, fans, and students in peaceful protest on the lawn of Old Main. Yes there are many threats and safety issues right now. I have faith the the PSP and State College police will handle this to the best of their ability. Could we stay home and avoid this mess and danger? Yes. But we strongly believe that the Board has made a huge mistake in firing Paterno. We're going to be heard. Any Braska fans coming to the game, please do not let what you are seeing in msm keep you away. Its not all the truth.

if i had raised kids to be fans of penn state football and joe paterno, i would be heard, too. but in an entirely different manner.

if i were in that position, i would be sitting down and having some long heart to hearts with my kids about the fact that a great football coach does not equal a great man, that joe paterno was not a great man, but rather, a man who COULD have been great, but chose instead to pretend he was, because that was the easier path. i would make certain my kids also heard that i had misplaced my admiration and therefore unknowingly mislead them bc it was now clear that the chances joe paterno did not know he was enabling a monster to run free and prey on innocent children are ZERO. and then i would be heard in regard to just how deplorable, shameful, disgusting, morally corrupt, and criminal i now considered paterno to be. and i would say the same about the whole lot of them.

and then i would go BE HEARD in support of the children who, while being pinned down, raped, robbed, and terrorized, very possibly prayed to the real god that paterno would come to their rescue.

when we see the writing on the wall and yet continue to look for reasons not to recognize it and change course, we are no better than most of the parties actually involved in this travesty of justice.

again, i speak only for me, but i wouldn't take the moon, the stars, the heavens, the earth, or every bit of money ever created in all the world to stand anywhere even remotely close to supporting joe paterno.

I am trying to figure out the power differential here unless we are talking about the child, to be candid. Both men witnessed a child being raped by a grown man. A grown man who saw both of them and did not cease his activity.

I read the same documents. How does this translate in to going home, calling Dad, and contacting some one the next morning? And how does Pjanitor think reporting it to a superior instead of confronting the adult assaulting the child constitutes an investigation being done?

This child could have been horrifically injured by this assault. Physically, not to mention emotionally.

I respect your opinion, but it doesnt work for me. Not even a little.
------------
IMO, from experience, not directly related here: There is a power differential between a grad. asst. or a janitor and the Director of the Athletics Program who was lauded for being a role model at a charity organization he headed.

I'm fairly certain that both the grad. asst. and the janitor were scared, very scared about what could happen to them if they "snitched."

And, we don't yet know what was happening investigationally behind the scenes.

I might change my opinion with additional evidence.

Kind of funny a guy is charged with 40 counts of raping and molesting little boys and a judge frees him on little bail and Paterno and the rest of Penn State officals are not screaming about the judge letting this freak walk among the children they are supposed to protect.

(BBM)
------------
IMO, from experience, not directly related here: There is a power differential between a grad. asst. or a janitor and the Director of the Athletics Program who was lauded for being a role model at a charity organization he headed.

I'm fairly certain that both the grad. asst. and the janitor were scared, very scared about what could happen to them if they "snitched."

And, we don't yet know what was happening investigationally behind the scenes.

They were scared? Really? Whatever repercussions they would have suffered for REPORTING (vs. snitching...) a crime couldn't even come close to what these young boys endured! GMAB --

(BBM)

They were scared? Really? Whatever repercussions they would have suffered for REPORTING (vs. snitching...) a crime couldn't even come close to what these young boys endured! GMAB --

They did report it. They didn't want the perp. to know about it.

I just can't wrap my head around the notion of knowing that I had a job because I was willing to walk away from a child being sexually assaulted. Everything from that day forward would be stained. Everytime I looked at anything I had/bought, including my kids christmas presents under the tree, I'd think, "We have all of this because I sacrificed the safety and the protection of a child..." Maybe they were able to console themselves knowing it wasn't their child, just some poor kid from a single-family home who lives in the run-down side of town...

I don't think that getting "intelligence information" on these cases that will stand up to conviction is an easy task.

I don't agree that running in there being the hero of that moment is the best action to take. Especially, if there are "powers that be" who will blame you for an assault of the perp.

A Patriot-News Special Report: Who knew what about Jerry Sandusky? There were many missed chances to investigate as early as 1995
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/who_knew_what_about_jerry_sand.html

The adoption file for Matt Sandusky, who had a different name at the time, contains letters of concern from his mother to children and youth officials and to a Centre County judge.

Matt’s biological mother, Debra Long, testified before the grand jury.

Matt, 33, is not one of the victims in the grand jury presentment, but he did testify before the grand jury.

I don't think that getting "intelligence information" on these cases that will stand up to conviction is an easy task.

I don't agree that running in there being the hero of that moment is the best action to take. Especially, if there are "powers that be" who will blame you for an assault of the perp.

well mike mcqueary apparently disagrees with you. i read earlier (don't remember where, probably from a link posted here) how he once risked life and limb to break up a violent knife fight. police remarked that the chances for serious injury or death were obvious....

so i for one don't give this guy a pass for wussing out when he happens upon his buddy's daddy raping a child in the shower.

Kind of funny a guy is charged with 40 counts of raping and molesting little boys and a judge frees him on little bail and Paterno and the rest of Penn State officals are not screaming about the judge letting this freak walk among the children they are supposed to protect.
Why aren't the PARENTS in that city screaming about this pedo? Maybe they are?

If you want to frighten yourself, go to your state's Megan's Law site and check how many child predators are in your zip code. There is a man listed as a dangerous child predator living directly across the street from the middle school in my town AND PA has a state law against pedos living within 1/4 mile of a school or playground. There is also a playground 4 houses south from his house. Ugh. (This was reported to police last year and he still lives there.)

I just heard on Dr Drew that Sandusky actually ADOPTED at least one of the boys he 'met' through his charity for At Risk kids. I really hope someone ius reaching out to that kid and is helping him. I have to believe that he endured some level of abuse in his childhood. imoo

I just don't understand how upon seeing a child being raped one's natural instinct isn't to react violently to the rapist and, in turn, stop the horrific act being done to the child.

Sent from my Android device

i just read an intriguing post on a message board. the poster suggests the possibility that after years of living with a guilty conscience, mcqueary hears about the 2007 investigation, and finally goes to the grand jury on his own. it's a good post, in which the person explains how he came to the conclusion that there's no other way the grand jury would have known. can i link to it or no? can i drop some hints as to where people can find it?

I just heard on Dr Drew that Sandusky actually ADOPTED at least one of the boys he 'met' through his charity for At Risk kids. I really hope someone ius reaching out to that kid and is helping him. I have to believe that he endured some level of abuse in his childhood. imoo

This is the same son that took his children to Sanduskys home the day of his arrest. The children's mother immediately went to court to limit contact and overnight visits at Grandpas house.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...rom-Seeing-Grandchildren-Alone-133504838.html

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/who_knew_what_about_jerry_sand.html

This is the same son that took his children to Sanduskys home the day of his arrest. The children's mother immediately went to court to limit contact and overnight visits at Grandpas house.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...rom-Seeing-Grandchildren-Alone-133504838.html

This kind of abuser, the 'do-gooder' that is loving and caring and nurturing, while also raping the victim, is a particularly sick kind of perp. My uncle, who raped me for years, was also very loving and caring and paid a lot of attention to us during my parents divorce. He was able to move in and take advantage of us by being so active in our needy lives. And that is one reason it is so sick. Because the victim feels so pulled in opposite directions.
It is easy to hate a vicious rapist who jumps out of the darkness to attack you. But how to hate the loving relative who makes your birthday cake and wraps you the best Christmas presents?

And here this guy 'adopts' a needy child and takes him in, pretends to be a loving father. Pfftttt. :mad:

A Patriot-News Special Report: Who knew what about Jerry Sandusky? There were many missed chances to investigate as early as 1995

This is a great article. This quote below sums it up:

"According to the grand jury, then, here is how McQueary’s eyewitness account became watered down at each stage:

McQueary: anal rape.
Paterno: something of a sexual nature.
Schultz: inappropriately grabbing of the young boy’s genitals.
Curley: inappropriate conduct or horsing around.
Spanier: conduct that made someone uncomfortable.
Raykovitz: a ban on bringing kids to the locker room."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members