People Magazine article about Lisa

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, it doesn't say she didn't feed Lisa. It says she didn't "cook" for Lisa.

She is on video buying jar babyfood for Lisa that day.

Yes I know. Thats why I asked.

If the neighbor still has not verified anything publicly maybe she is talking only to LE, or we can hope.

If the neighbor still has not verified anything publicly maybe she is talking only to LE, or we can hope.

There's a video somewhere on MSM that shows CSIs in their tyvek suits coming/going in the neighbor's house very early in the disappearance.

The way all articles are written nowadays is pitiful and done out of no other motive than to make it all the more salacious, twisted, mysterious, and leaves the reader scratching their heads with only more questions than answers.. Left wanting more.. It's all for the almighty dollar and hasn't a damn thing to finding baby Lisa and certainly not for seeking justice on her behalf!!!

That's why I have learned from following these missing children's cases that relying on the media and their reporting we will always end up with a mountain of inconsistencies that have been either purposefully, negligently, or accidentally created by the piss poor reporting and lack of pride taken in a well written and reported piece of journalism.. That's long gone and replaced with radaronline and TMZ cliffhanger, leave 'em wanting more type reporting that is loaded with Bs, false or misconstrued statements and accounts, and basically whatever spin the author wants to put on it..

<modsnip>

Jmo, tho!
Yep. It seems People Magazine has done what all the others have done so far in this case. Chop, dice, jumble, omit, elude, misconstrue.... have I missed any?

I'm really confused now. Is baby wipes, baby food, and a box of wine one trip. Then pasta and mac & cheese another trip?
I think it was one trip. I think the media is just going by what the cashier remembers and just running with that as the only things that were purchased. Remember when they were all reporting the same nonexistent diapers?

...but I guess if this kitten had already been cleaned up and taken care of to this point, then the whole "gross that she put a stray cat in her bed the day she got it" thing is a moot point.

I'll have to wait for the MSM link that confirms she washed said kitty while the neighbor was around, as we know kitty wasn't there when the dad left. It would make for a busy night:

make dinner
feed kids
put sick baby down
check on baby
find kitty
<clean and feed kitty>
get snockered
black out and fall asleep

All whilst entertaining neighbor.

MOO

Mel

I was very hesitant to buy this magazine for the reasons you stated, SmoothOperator. I was hoping this article might clear a few things up.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Hi wildflower!:seeya: I certainly hope you did not take any offense about my comments of journalism lacking these days and that my comment was directed at you or your thread you created for us to discuss.. That wAs not my intention At all.. I thank you for sharing the content of the People mag article.. Tho, it's frustrating definitely to see how they twist or misconstrue(sometimes even purposefully) details of a case.. Sadly it all stems directly from the almighty dollar instead of where they should be focusing on the "truth" and assisting in getting the accurate truth out there.. They do not care whether it's going to cause harm and sometimes even hindrance in a Precious child's disappearance(<- I am not saying this Happened in this case.. ATLEAST not yet as far as I can tell)

And tho I have much and many complaints and criticism for today's journalism and it's lack of integrity.. IMO the positive still way outweighs the ^above^ described negative.. In that these articles and reporters do help to keep baby Lisa at the forefront.. And in the public eye.. IMO that is always a positive..

Again, I do appreciate you greatly, wildflower for sharing the content of the People magazine article:)

I would never sleep with a stray kitten in my bed. In fact, I never bring them indoors because they're notorious for carrying ringworm... and ringworm is a PITA to get rid of, especially with 4 young children.

We rescued our 2nd fur baby from a market after it's mum was killed by a coyote. While I fell in love with my fur baby she was crated at night until I could get her to the vet. Yup, she had all the usual (fleas, worms, etc). Not to mention that little visit set me back about 80 bucks. It's my understanding these folks couldn't pay for their cell phones...how did they expect to pay for a kitty?

I wonder where invasa-kitty is now (thanks to the poster who provided the nick for the kitten) :)

I'm sure this is much-ado-about-nothing.

MOO

Mel

Mel

The woman who gets herself drunk while a sole caretaker for 3 children is probably not the most responsible type to begin with. She might have not worried about having to spend money to vet the cat, etc.

Well, it doesn't say she didn't feed Lisa. It says she didn't "cook" for Lisa.

She is on video buying jar babyfood for Lisa that day.

IIRC, on the Missing Poster, it said she had two bottom teeth. I wonder if that is all she had that came in so far. If so, then she was pretty well stuck with baby food.

The woman who gets herself drunk while a sole caretaker for 3 children is probably not the most responsible type to begin with. She might have not worried about having to spend money to vet the cat, etc.

That is what I was thinking to. She probably figured she could just give the poor kitty human leftovers and throw her outside at night to use the outdoor toilet too.

I seriously hope that "kitten" was GONE out of their lives as of the moment they claimed baby Lisa was kidnapped! when it comes to your child who gives a BLEEEEP about your stupid "kitten"... Ok I'm sorry I had to vent! seriously?! That's gonna eat at me all night...I love animals, dont get me wrong I have three but I also dont have a missing BABY!

:gthanks:

I thought the kitten was possibly thrown into Deborah's story as a feel good comment; akin to her meaning I was curled up in bed with a little rescued kitten...oh and I was drunk and my child disappeared.

Did she use the rescued kitten as a point to show she had a heart?

imo

Yep. It seems People Magazine has done what all the others have done so far in this case. Chop, dice, jumble, omit, elude, misconstrue.... have I missed any?

People did an equally "good" job with Kyron's case last year, if I remember correctly. Those of us who followed the case closely were scratching our heads for days...

Right, and Daddy's about to bring home the big check from his extra contracting job so they can get all caught up.

O/T: OK, now I'm completely jumpy about intruders. The wind knocked down a chair outside. I just woke up my hubby and the dog to go check it out. The dog wouldn't go outside because it started raining. lol :floorlaugh:

As air fresheners? No. :p But would the foul smell of cat urine, feces and vomit perhaps cover the foul smell of decomposing flesh? I believe so - well a 6 year old could be convinced that the foul smell from the corner is from the cat. I find it co-incidental that there was a stray cat a few feet from where the cadaver dog detected the dead body scent.

I do think there's a good chance that the baby was killed sometime late Sunday night or in the middle of the night (early hours of Monday morning) and JI and DB concocted a story of abduction - he conveniently was working that night for the first time ever and she conveniently was drunk so of course nobody heard the 'intruder'. By Monday night, if Lisa was dead for 24 hours there would definitely be a very foul odour.

If baby Lisa passed away that night, there wouldn't have been time for any decomp smell that humans could detect.

Ok. I'm confused. Has anyone else actually SEEN this kitten? I know JI said (supposedly) that he saw the kitty in bed when he came home. Personally, I don't put much stock in what he says, so I want to know if anyone else saw this mystery kitten. And I want to know where it is now.

I'm wondering because DB could have created this kitten story to cover her arse. One possible scenario: she's somewhere she shouldn't be during the night (bushes, woods, reaching under porch) and to set up an excuse (just in case someone says they saw her), she makes up this kitten story.

So, if Joe Bob says to LE, "Hey...you know, I saw DB around midnight and she was walking by those woods" she can say, "Yeah...that's where I found the kitten!" Setting up an alibi of sorts. Oh, and where's the kitten now? "Well, wouldn't you know, I opened the door and the little stinker just ran right out!"

Now, if someone else has seen invisi-kitty then my whole scenario is worthless. But for some reason this whole kitty story sounds hinky to me.

bbm

Sounds hinky to me too.

imo

Hi wildflower!:seeya: I certainly hope you did not take any offense about my comments of journalism lacking these days and that my comment was directed at you or your thread you created for us to discuss.. That wAs not my intention At all.. I thank you for sharing the content of the People mag article.. Tho, it's frustrating definitely to see how they twist or misconstrue(sometimes even purposefully) details of a case.. Sadly it all stems directly from the almighty dollar instead of where they should be focusing on the "truth" and assisting in getting the accurate truth out there.. They do not care whether it's going to cause harm and sometimes even hindrance in a Precious child's disappearance(<- I am not saying this Happened in this case.. ATLEAST not yet as far as I can tell)

And tho I have much and many complaints and criticism for today's journalism and it's lack of integrity.. IMO the positive still way outweighs the ^above^ described negative.. In that these articles and reporters do help to keep baby Lisa at the forefront.. And in the public eye.. IMO that is always a positive..

Again, I do appreciate you greatly, wildflower for sharing the content of the People magazine article:)

To me, the media is doing a better job of keeping Lisa in the public eye than the parents are, sadly enough and JMO, of course. JMOJMO

I don't see the cat as anything important. Not everything rises to the level of being nefarious.

Then why did D even mention the kitten?

I'd like to know what the boys said about a kitten.

imo

This is probably the wrong thread to be asking this in, but here goes.

At what point do the family members of DB and JI start doubting the parents story. I would think that if something like this happened in my family and the evidence starting piling up, I would start looking at the family members closer. Is it blind loyalty or why does everyone in their family so strongly believe that the parents couldn't have done anything wrong. I know blood runs deep, but we are dealing with a likely dead baby here. Just doesn't make sense to me???

Exactly, its like those few lines were thrown in there. Fellow WebSleuther Melanie posted "Everytime I look at this thread I come away with more questions than answers." That's actually how I felt after reading this magazine article.

w1df10wr, :seeya:
That was an excellent catch. I'm really scratching my head now.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90
Back