People Magazine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something's been bothering me, and I want to know what you guys think.

The beautiful Jaycee we see in People magazine is definitely a brunette. I feel like that was surprising to many of us, but seems reasonable given that Terry's hair is that same color brown and that hair color can change as one gets older.

What bothers me is that so many of the people who have worked with Garrido's printing business and claim to have met "Allissa" described her as a blonde. Even the neighbor, Erica Pratt, who made the 2006 911 call said the people living in the backyard were 5 blonde females. I would never look at Jaycee and say she was blonde.

I could understand that some of the customers were just making up stories about having met "Allissa" and assumed Jaycee would be a blonde today, but are ALL the people who claimed to have met her lying? Why would the 911 caller say "5 blondes"?

What do you think of this?

I think Jaycee dyed her hair brown for the cover pic so that later on she can go back to being the natural blonde that she is, and most people will be less likely (hopefully) to recognize her as they will now have the impression of her being a brunette. I have not seen the other pics -- maybe they were taken before she dyed her hair. I really do not think she looks like her mom. Her eyes, smile, cheekbones, and chin are totally different. Her bio dad, Ken Slayton is a natural blonde (see his pic below) and he has gone on record as stating that Jaycee is the spitting image of how he looked when he was her age.

url

The beautiful Jaycee we see in People magazine is definitely a brunette. I feel like that was surprising to many of us, but seems reasonable given that Terry's hair is that same color brown and that hair color can change as one gets older.

What bothers me is that so many of the people who have worked with Garrido's printing business and claim to have met "Allissa" described her as a blonde. Even the neighbor, Erica Pratt, who made the 2006 911 call said the people living in the backyard were 5 blonde females. I would never look at Jaycee and say she was blonde.

I could understand that some of the customers were just making up stories about having met "Allissa" and assumed Jaycee would be a blonde today, but are ALL the people who claimed to have met her lying? Why would the 911 caller say "5 blondes"?

IMHO, I think Jaycee's hair has been colored and/or highlighted and/or color glazed, at least that is the appearance it seemed to have in the People images. They were all styled nicely, very naturally, but styled nonetheless, which is only my opinion. That was my first reaction to the photo of the backs of their heads.

Thanks for the responses, they are all good suggestions. My partner also mentioned that maybe PG made her bleach her hair since he seemed to like blondes, and now she has dyed it back to what would be her natural color, or a color that she likes.

I think Jaycee dyed her hair brown for the cover pic so that later on she can go back to being the natural blonde that she is, and most people will be less likely (hopefully) to recognize her as they will now have the impression of her being a brunette. I have not seen the other pics -- maybe they were taken before she dyed her hair. I really do not think she looks like her mom. Her eyes, smile, cheekbones, and chin are totally different. Her bio dad, Ken Slayton is a natural blonde (see his pic below) and he has gone on record as stating that Jaycee is the spitting image of how he looked when he was her age.
url
In his dreams; she is NOT his spitting image. (he may be bio, but not visually)

url

ROFL Thanks, I needed a good laugh! Look at the cover of People then look at the picture you posted. It gave me a good belly laugh. Sorry, just couldn't help myself and I'm not making fun of anything you said. :)

ROFL Thanks, I needed a good laugh! Look at the cover of People then look at the picture you posted. It gave me a good belly laugh. Sorry, just couldn't help myself and I'm not making fun of anything you said. :)

You sayin he looks like Dave?:crazy:

IMHO, I think Jaycee's hair has been colored and/or highlighted and/or color glazed, at least that is the appearance it seemed to have in the People images. They were all styled nicely, very naturally, but styled nonetheless, which is only my opinion. That was my first reaction to the photo of the backs of their heads.

I thought so the minute I saw the photo, I was afraid to say that though.

Oh that's too funny, Tizzle!! More than he looks like Jaycee, huh?

I have nothing bad to say about either of them, but the "Double Life" reference is a little funny, yes.:innocent: I do see a resemblence between him and JC, tho.

It is also obvious if you look at the ends of her hair that it is much lighter there. That may be her actual color? But either way, it is beautiful!!!

It is also obvious if you look at the ends of her hair that it is much lighter there. That may be her actual color? But either way, it is beautiful!!!

I don't know, my hair is naturally brown, just a shade or two darker than that, and it has always been lighter on the ends. My mother's was the same way.

But yes, either way it is beautiful :)

I see Carl as a loving, selfless man that has put his pain behind what's best for the women he loves. When I watched this man on TV after Jaycee's rescue I saw someone so out of his comfort zone yet willing to do whatever it took to be in front of the cameras so Jaycee and Terry wouldn't have to. He has a wonderful heart and I can't begin to imagine his pain. I hope someday he will be welcomed back into the family. I think his actions have been heroic.

We shouldn't forget that Jaycee is now an adult and a free agent. If she wants to see Carl (if she hasn't already) it's entirely up to her. If she wants to, it will happen. I wonder if it will take her sometime to fully realize that she now has this freedom. I don't think she's ever had it before.

Her hair is gorgeous, and seems to change colors, depending on lighting and such. We also don't know if he may have used some type of product on it to keep it blonder or if she was forced to overwash it due to pg's fanaticism. If you overwash your hair, it looks lighter, due to the fact you wash all the oil out of it. That can make a huge amount of difference in color.

I pictured her as a brunette, just because when she went missing, her hair was so light, that shade usually darkens with age.

Her hair color is lovely, natural looking, and yes, presumably she may have had a makeover for things like hair, teeth, etc or anything else that would boost her self esteem and make her look her best. Who knows if her hair was processed or maybe sun bleached or what. But that color does still classify as "blonde" sometimes if you look at haircolor boxes, that would be called dark blonde or sometimes something like "golden light brown" etc. It is a nice color.

If callers mention "5 blondes" they are already two people over the number that lived there, so a difference in a shade of haircolor is the least of it. (I know a lot of people feel there may have been more children there, I kinda doubt that. At least, I really hope not!)

Well, I finally saw her image on "People" after I had avoided it for a few days. She looks like Jodie Foster from her "Silence of the Lambs" days.

@flourish: I agree. I believe Dugard is trying in some way to shield her privacy. I think, at best, it's extremely rare for your hair to go from blond to brunette and from straight to wavy after your elementary school days. I know her hair changed color across the blond spectrum as a child, but it was never this dark. Plus, her 15 year-old still has blond hair and the girl certainly didn't get it from Garrido, so I'm guessing she also had blond hair past puberty as well and I just don't see how your hair color changes after that.

Minor points, though.

Well, I finally saw her image on "People" after I had avoided it for a few days. She looks like Jodie Foster from her "Silence of the Lambs" days.

@flourish: I agree. I believe Dugard is trying in some way to shield her privacy. I think, at best, it's extremely rare for your hair to go from blond to brunette and from straight to wavy after your elementary school days. I know her hair changed color across the blond spectrum as a child, but it was never this dark. Plus, her 15 year-old still has blond hair and the girl certainly didn't get it from Garrido, so I'm guessing she also had blond hair past puberty as well and I just don't see how your hair color changes after that.

Minor points, though.

I was nearly 18 and still platinum blond, it darkened when I was 20, after my second child, and is still getting darker.

url

well i hope jaycee doesnt look like that when she's 63 lol

We shouldn't forget that Jaycee is now an adult and a free agent. If she wants to see Carl (if she hasn't already) it's entirely up to her. If she wants to, it will happen. I wonder if it will take her sometime to fully realize that she now has this freedom. I don't think she's ever had it before.

your absolutely right. it's jaycee's choice.
and if she wants to dye her hair purple thats her choice too :)

Minor points, though.

im glad you changed your mind and saw the pics...........
what did you think overall, besides the hair color? are you glad you bought it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl