People Magazine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Songline: So you think she would have put herself out there if there had been no media or financial pressure? Please. Listen, you don't have to be on the cover of a national magazine to reclaim your life.

Obviously, you and others think this is just fine. I don't. That's that.

i really dont get the need to seemingly make everything in this case negative, including the few things that are positive. i didnt feel i was exploiting jaycee, i dont really particuarly care if she was using us either.
all i saw was a girl ecstatic to be back with herfamily, if she made money off it, money that she very much needs, good for her.

@Songline: So you think she would have put herself out there if there had been no media or financial pressure? Please. Listen, you don't have to be on the cover of a national magazine to reclaim your life.

Someone was going to make a lot of money from the first pictures, so it may as well be her rather than some photographer. It removes the incentive for these people to hunt her, and if it helps add some material comfort to the rest of her life, I don't see the problem with it. She is a celebrity after all, albeit a temporary one.

I think it will become an issue if people around her try to keep things in the spotlight after the moment has past, then things would become tacky and that would be unfortunate, but for now it's OK.

Everyone has an opinion - I have mine.
People Mag. IMO did a very respectful job.
The world thank God is till made up of many different people and many care very much to see her smile.
Based on the feed back here, many more like it.
OH about the money: IMO she can never make enough money to heal the past.
I hope she gets enough to be a power on to herself that is able to make huge strides in other peoples lives.
I hope People paid much and will one day pay more.

Would she come out to show her smile if there was no money?
YES she has no clue how to count money, what money can do.

Everyone has an opinion - I have mine.
People Mag. IMO did a very respectful job.
The world thank God is till made up of many different people and many care very much to see her smile.
Based on the feed back here, many more like it.

her smile is infectious :)

Sorry. It's just that to me Jaycee isn't blonde. If all these customers and neighbors are reporting that they saw a blonde woman it makes me wonder who she is. Someone else? Something they're making up completely? The woman from the business card? Another missing person? Jaycee with dyed hair, or hair that looks different in a certain kind of light?

Since things like hair color can be subjective I was just wondering what everyone else thought, and the consensus seems to be the last option.

Per the business card - I'd have to look again, but I am not so convinced it isn't Jaycee. The reason I am saying that is that it's difficult to tell when using such a small pic that is then enlarged beyond it's resolution, this distorts facial features. Pictures taken in certain light, same thing. I'm saying this because I have had pics of myself that even I don't think look like me. I'm assuming that LE might have the original from Garrido's computer, that would tell them a lot. Plus, perhaps Jaycee knows where that pic came from if it is not her.

I suspect that Jaycees hair has been made darker than it was. But both could be true. It is very easy to turn a very dark blonde into a much lighter blonde with just peroxide. It would also be very easy to turn a dark blonde into a light brunette with just a color rinse. I think the most telling description would be if there was some description of Jaycee the day the Berkeley officers found her. It is quite possible that Garrido told her to use a darker rinse on her hair before taking her out. Maybe no one else saw her after that was done except maybe Nancy and Patricia.

Someone was going to make a lot of money from the first pictures, so it may as well be her rather than some photographer. It removes the incentive for these people to hunt her, and if it helps add some material comfort to the rest of her life, I don't see the problem with it. She is a celebrity after all, albeit a temporary one.

I think it will become an issue if people around her try to keep things in the spotlight after the moment has past, then things would become tacky and that would be unfortunate, but for now it's OK.
GREAT POST...
the moment has passed and it was orchestrated so that people get some closure too, and go away.
A JOB WELL DONE.
JC does not know about money, she is now learning very basic things.
also that house they are in is a Temporary dwelling for now.
Maybe they will buy it? maybe they will need another habitat...they will need many things to start a home. When the time is right. :)

GREAT POST...
the moment has passed and it was orchestrated so that people get some closure too, and go away.
A JOB WELL DONE.
JC does not know about money, she is now learning very basic things.
also that house they are in is a Temporary dwelling for now.
Maybe they will buy it? maybe they will need another habitat...they will need many things to start a home. When the time is right. :)

sounds good. maybe they can buy all the horses too.

This article may Pizz Off a few people but it makes me gloat.
I hope she is collecting and collecting and collecting lots and lots of mula...

Seems Hello Magazine did an article too. And I will buy that one also today.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/200910192234/prince-harry/chelsy-jaycee/rhianoff-hello/1/
<<SNIP>>
HELLO! has also been granted exclusive access to photographs of US kidnap survivor Jaycee Lee Duggard, who is revelling in being reunited with her mother and sister after 18 years of captivity.

This article may Pizz Off a few people but it makes me gloat.
I hope she is collecting and collecting and collecting lots and lots of mula...

Seems Hello Magazine did an article too. And I will buy that one also today.
http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/200910192234/prince-harry/chelsy-jaycee/rhianoff-hello/1/
<<SNIP>>
HELLO! has also been granted exclusive access to photographs of US kidnap survivor Jaycee Lee Duggard, who is revelling in being reunited with her mother and sister after 18 years of captivity.

are these diffrent pics from the one in people?
did she consent to these or wwere these snapped against her will

If they aren't the same pictures, they look like they are from the same shoot (at least the one on the cover is). And there's no way they were taken without her consent, she is posing with her mom.

My guess is that Jaycee and her family hired a professional photographer a while back, took a bunch of pictures on their own terms, and then sold them as needed to whichever magazines and news sources were asking. Probably the best way they could have handled it all.

If they aren't the same pictures, they look like they are from the same shoot (at least the one on the cover is). And there's no way they were taken without her consent, she is posing with her mom.

My guess is that Jaycee and her family hired a professional photographer a while back, took a bunch of pictures on their own terms, and then sold them as needed to whichever magazines and news sources were asking. Probably the best way they could have handled it all.
No photographer it was taken by family.
BUT I do wonder if Hello and People are under the same conglomerate firm.
I don't have the time to look into that now. But maybe there are some other photos too, or maybe it has a little differnt write up. I will buy it.

I had never heard of Hello either. I'm glad someone explained it.
I won't buy this one, but only because I don't think it is available around here. I'll have to wait for Hello to update online.

I had never heard of Hello either. I'm glad someone explained it.
I won't buy this one, but only because I don't think it is available around here. I'll have to wait for Hello to update online.

i guess if i go to the patriots game in london next week i can bring you all back copies lol

A spokeswoman for People, Claudia DiRomualdo, said the spread was produced after the magazine was approached by a photographer acting on behalf of Dugard's family.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/15/MNAI1A5MDS.DTL#ixzz0UPTJsCRc

Hello is a popular magazine in England they cover the Royal Family among other celebrities.
I have bought it over the years anytime I'm looking for updates, good photo's..

thanks.
if they post the photos to there site then i'll see them.

i really dont get the need to seemingly make everything in this case negative, including the few things that are positive. i didnt feel i was exploiting jaycee, i dont really particuarly care if she was using us either.
all i saw was a girl ecstatic to be back with her family, if she made money off it, money that she very much needs, good for her.
Exactly. Jaycee wanted her picture taken by People Magazine (noone forced her to do this photo shoot, nor was it papparazzi stalking her) and I wanted to see her and buy it. Hopefully Jaycee profitted from it. Case closed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member