People Magazine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just speculation on my part, but I believe most of what happened between Carl and Terry had to do with Terry's relatives, and their persistant accusations against him. He's said previously that he wants nothing to do with them.

Yes, there was an interviw with Carl not long ago, where he mentioned that Terry's step mother and sisters actually raised money to hire investigators to try to get enough evidence on him and have him arrested for JC's kidnapping. Now they know that they were very very wrong and I hope they feel very bad about it, but seeing what kind of people they probably are - they probably have no remorse at all. That was a cruel thing to do and they owe him an appology - big time. If I were in Carl's shoes, I would really have a hard time accepting any kind of apology from those vultures and would probably not accept any BS excuses they tried to offer up to me.

Yes, there was an interviw with Carl not long ago, where he mentioned that Terry's step mother and sisters actually raised money to hire investigators to try to get enough evidence on him and have him arrested for JC's kidnapping. Now they know that they were very very wrong and I hope they feel very bad about it, but seeing what kind of people they probably are - they probably have no remorse at all. That was a cruel thing to do and they owe him an appology - big time. If I were in Carl's shoes, I would really have a hard time accepting any kind of apology from those vultures and would probably not accept any BS excuses they tried to offer up to me.

i dont know but i wouldnt call tina dugard a vulture.
maybe she wasnt one of the ones who was investigating him though.

I had mentioned in the thread "Oct29 preliminary hearing"... that I had read or saw a video of Carl talking about how he didn't want anything to do with Ken Slayton and his family because he said they were after him for years and had hired an investigator.

It wouldn't surprise me if Terry's family had suspicions and had also done their own investigations. It was all so tragic and awful that you start to go for the most likely target. He was the stepdad who sees young Jaycee get kidnapped.. The last person to see her. I really feel for him. Statistically without question he was probably the go to suspect initially. I am sure that had to cause suspicion within Terry's extended family and who knows.. maybe in the depths of Terry's mind too. She has said from what I have read.. that she didn't believe he had any involvement from the get go but still..
I mean its just an incredible story..and a tragic one.

If Terry's family did give him grief ...I hope they can somehow make amends ..if that's even possible.

Carl has spoken about Terrys' family and the fact that he was a suspect in their eyes, even though he had been cleared by LE. I am sure that the stress and grief that Terry felt had an impact on her feelings toward Carl. Even if she had to suspicion of his guilt, pressure from her family probably influenced her actions and reactions toward him.

I think it is wonderful they stayed close for their daughter! I would think it would be difficult for them to ever be together as a family again, as I am sure that Carl, being human, would find it difficult to overcome the suspicion and resentment he felt from them for so many years.

I am so happy for the fact that the reunion occured, as I am sure it benefited everyone!

I think it is wonderful they stayed close for their daughter! I would think it would be difficult for them to ever be together as a family again, as I am sure that Carl, being human, would find it difficult to overcome the suspicion and resentment he felt from them for so many years.

I am so happy for the fact that the reunion occured, as I am sure it benefited everyone!

I agree! Although in my old fashioned fairytale way of thinking.. I honestly would love to see Carl and Terry get back together and become a family with Shayna, Jaycee and her daughters
The odds of course are overwhelmingly against it happening but that sure would make a wonderful story.

Just speculation on my part, but I believe most of what happened between Carl and Terry had to do with Terry's relatives, and their persistant accusations against him. He's said previously that he wants nothing to do with them.

The suspicions of Carl must have been born out of sheer desperation. They never really made sense. A neighbor of Carl's saw Jaycee walking her way up to the bus stop. And Carl called the police within minutes. What could he have done to or with Jaycee? His problem all along is his story that a woman grabbed Jaycee. Nobody, including LE, fully believed him. I think that led to all the family doubts.

When the Meyers parade took place, a friend of Jaycees from the neighborhood was interviewed, I would have sworn she said that all of the kids on the bus were scared as they saw Jaycee get pulled into the car, however I can't find that interview again. With the neighbor and school kids having seen Jaycee getting kidnapped, it is beyond me how they could ever suspect Carl?

When the Meyers parade took place, a friend of Jaycees from the neighborhood was interviewed, I would have sworn she said that all of the kids on the bus were scared as they saw Jaycee get pulled into the car, however I can't find that interview again. With the neighbor and school kids having seen Jaycee getting kidnapped, it is beyond me how they could ever suspect Carl?

I, too, have heard that other children saw Jaycee get kidnapped. I don't have time right now, but I will try later to look for the article(s).

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Jaycee_Lee_Dugard[/ame]

Good old wikipedia!!

<snip>

On June 10, 1991 Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, witnessed the abduction from within sight of their home. He saw two people in a gray sedan (possibly a Mercury Monarch or Mercury Zephyr) make a U-turn at the school bus stop where Dugard was waiting, and a woman forced Dugard into the car. Probyn then gave chase on a bicycle, but he was unable to overtake the vehicle. Some of Dugard's classmates were also witnesses to the abduction.

Initial suspects included Probyn, as well as Ken Slayton, Dugard's biological father.[3] Probyn took and passed several lie-detector tests, and Slayton was also quickly cleared of the crime.[4] The kidnapping case attracted nationwide attention and was featured many times on the television show America's Most Wanted.[5]

Interesting as I never knew KS was a suspect.

I think I recall an article that said there were children at the bus stop (maybe twins?) who witnessed the abduction and excitedly informed everyone when they got on the bus. This stuck in my mind as it made me wonder why, with those witnesses, Carl was ever questioned.

I had mentioned in the thread "Oct29 preliminary hearing"... that I had read or saw a video of Carl talking about how he didn't want anything to do with Ken Slayton and his family because he said they were after him for years and had hired an investigator.

It wouldn't surprise me if Terry's family had suspicions and had also done their own investigations. It was all so tragic and awful that you start to go for the most likely target. He was the stepdad who sees young Jaycee get kidnapped.. The last person to see her. I really feel for him. Statistically without question he was probably the go to suspect initially. I am sure that had to cause suspicion within Terry's extended family and who knows.. maybe in the depths of Terry's mind too. She has said from what I have read.. that she didn't believe he had any involvement from the get go but still..
I mean its just an incredible story..and a tragic one.

i also read carl said his own family had suspicions of him. it seems that he was the easy target as you say.
the fact is everyone involved loved that little girl, and wanted to find out what happened to her. including carl.
from everything ive read, terry never thought carl was involved in the kidnapping, or had murdered jaycee. her sticking point, at the beginning anyways, was that she thought he didnt do enough to stop the kidnappers.
but there marriage disintegrated more over the suspisions of others on carl and what had become terry's erratic behavior.
carl and terry always remained good friends though, that's why he was the first person she called with the news.
and they never divorced, something i still find odd.

besides jaycee's aunt tina, i havent heard anything from terry's side of the family. most of it comes from jaycee's step family.

I think I recall an article that said there were children at the bus stop (maybe twins?) who witnessed the abduction and excitedly informed everyone when they got on the bus. This stuck in my mind as it made me wonder why, with those witnesses, Carl was ever questioned.

there was also a neighbor taking his little one to daycare who saw jaycee walking to the bust stop but didnt see the kidnapping. the fact he saw jaycee going to the bust stop as carl said she did verifies his story. but since the neighbor was a close friends of the dugards, i guess he wasnt believed either

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Jaycee_Lee_Dugard

Good old wikipedia!!

<snip>

On June 10, 1991 Dugard's stepfather, Carl Probyn, witnessed the abduction from within sight of their home. He saw two people in a gray sedan (possibly a Mercury Monarch or Mercury Zephyr) make a U-turn at the school bus stop where Dugard was waiting, and a woman forced Dugard into the car. Probyn then gave chase on a bicycle, but he was unable to overtake the vehicle. Some of Dugard's classmates were also witnesses to the abduction.

Initial suspects included Probyn, as well as Ken Slayton, Dugard's biological father.[3] Probyn took and passed several lie-detector tests, and Slayton was also quickly cleared of the crime.[4] The kidnapping case attractedth nationwide attention and was featured many times on the television show America's Most Wanted.[5]

Interesting as I never knew KS was a suspect.

they quickly ruled him out when they found out how totally disintrested he was in jaycee.
sorry, im not gonna sugar coat his behavior back then.

they quickly ruled him out when they found out how totally disintrested he was in jaycee.
sorry, im not gonna sugar coat his behavior back then.

I was just surprised that they had any suspicions at all concerning him because of that. People do mellow with age. I have no idea what is in his heart, but, I don't see where he could gain from a relationship with Jaycee, other than to renig himself of guilt he may be feeling. I will say though, that his wife did NOT look happy at that press conference!! Don't think it would be too warm of a welcome!

Oh man, that sounds harsh. To finish my thought, I don't have any idea of his feelings, or what may be in his heart. Love, guilt, responsibility, fondness for his memories of Terry, anger, etc. But I hope his motives are pure.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33062980/ns/dateline_nbc-crime_reports/page/3/

Above article has statement by Nicole Sipes about children who witnessed the abduction of Jaycee, the reason I wonder why they questioned Carl as they did.

If the above link won't work, I googled "Jaycee+bus stop+twins" and reached the article.

I was just surprised that they had any suspicions at all concerning him because of that. People do mellow with age. I have no idea what is in his heart, but, I don't see where he could gain from a relationship with Jaycee, other than to renig himself of guilt he may be feeling. I will say though, that his wife did NOT look happy at that press conference!! Don't think it would be too warm of a welcome!

Oh man, that sounds harsh. To finish my thought, I don't have any idea of his feelings, or what may be in his heart. Love, guilt, responsibility, fondness for his memories of Terry, anger, etc. But I hope his motives are pure.

well i wasnt saying anything about his motives now.
i was saying his motive then was total disintrest. and no one can sell me otherwise.

Terry tells Carl's mother she never thought he took Jaycee.

Google cache:
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...ard’s-grandmother-“jaycee-felt-guilty-she-was

I loved this part of the article:

Terry is hoping they can go home soon but she told me she is not rushing anything. They have had lots of offers for interviews but they want to give it time. Jaycee and Terry are both very delicate right now.

"The other wonderful outcome is that Carl has overcome that shadow of suspicion that he has lived under for so long. Our friends were wonderful and believed in us - neither Carl nor I ever lost of friend because of these false accusations.

“Terry reminded me that she had never believed that Carl had taken her. Even when they separated they still remained firm friends. We have all gone on cruises and vacations together and we have all supported each other through these hard years.

“Terry really wants everyone to be a family again. But Jaycee comes first. We will work around her needs.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member