People Magazine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to let you guys know that I read the Hello! article at Barnes and Noble. The article itself is similiar to the People article, but there are several additional photos (e.g., photos of Jaycee and Terry holding hands, looking at photo albums, etc.). So yeah, if you're unable to read Hello!, that's pretty much what it's about.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I read the Hello! article at Barnes and Noble. The article itself is similiar to the People article, but there are several additional photos (e.g., photos of Jaycee and Terry holding hands, looking at photo albums, etc.). So yeah, if you're unable to read Hello!, that's pretty much what it's about.

Thanks for that info.. Do you know where you can purchase that magazine in the states? I think someone said Barnes and Noble. Just wondered if there are other places too.

Hopefully Jaycee also got an appearance fee from "Hello" because she's going to need lots of resources to finish her and her daughters education. Jaycee's also going to need to buy a home that's private and a couple of vehicles for herself and her soon to be driving daughters. I just hope that she's able to recover and finish her education (which was sadly denied to her for so long) without ever having to worry about finances.

God bless Jaycee and her entire family.

Hopefully Jaycee also got an appearance fee from "Hello" because she's going to need lots of resources to finish her and her daughters education. Jaycee's also going to need to buy a home that's private and a couple of vehicles for herself and her soon to be driving daughters. I just hope that she's able to recover and finish her education (which was sadly denied to her for so long) without ever having to worry about finances.

I agree.. I hope Jaycee and her family can get the most money possible so they can be set for the future.

I also picked up the Hello magazine today. Like the other poster mentioned.. it is very much like the people article with the exception of 3 new photo's.
I loved the one where Terri and Jaycee are holding hands and the photo of them together looking at a photo album is really telling.. Jaycee is leaning up against her mom. It seems like such a tender moment. I have no doubt that Jaycee is just ecstatic to be reunited with her mom... the body language I think says it all.
Another thing that struck me is... while I think most people are in agreement at how young Jaycee looks.. I think Terry is the one who has aged considerably(understandably of course). From the pictures and videos of her in the early 90's to now..I think she has aged beyond her years. I can't imagine what the loss of a child can do to someone mentally and physically.

It is great to see Terry smiling though.. Like the aunt said.."her smile is as wide as the ocean". It really is!

I think it's more likely that People mag bought the copyright to all photos but sold the rights to other mags for using them. Such as Hello from England and New Idea in Australia. I cannot believe that People did not run the pic of Jaycee and her mother walking hand in hand. It's beautiful. And the photo album shot is a delight. What could be more healing and bonding than giggling over old photos. I fervently hope that in some way, somehow, there exist photos of Jaycee during her 18 years absence. It's not likely any exist during her puberty but after the first baby Garrido may have felt, being the father, he should take some photos of his daughter. He may have shot Jaycee as well. Unfortunately, he'd have needed to process them at a photo minilab which would be a risk. Digital came in when Jaycee was probably an adult. But I hope some exist. At least of the girls when small.

Wasn't is in an article that Jaycee and family had their own photographer, that People did not do the photography?

Dude! You're going to the game in London? Lucky! :dance: (I'm from RI, so I'm a rabid Pats fan.)

Anyway, Barnes and Noble carries Hello! magazine. I went there today, but it doesn't look like they have Jaycee's issue yet, so I'm guessing they probably get it a week or so after it's released in the UK. I did see an article, however, with a new photo from the People shoot that will be in Hello! as well. I'll post the link at the end of my post. One thing I noticed from the photo is that Jaycee is wearing boots with significant heels, so she must be a lil' peanut if she's that much smaller than her sister even with heels on. :)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-victim-Jaycee-Lee-Dugard-bonds-with-mum.html

The picture in that Sun link is the same as one in the Hello mag however it's cropped at the bottom in Hello so you can't see the boots/heels.
Like you said a lil' peanut. Surely her growth was stunted? Two pregnancies, TV dinners etc. Remember when Terry first saw JC and said (to JC's stepfather I think) she looks just the same. I think height was a major factor behind that statement.
I was wondering if People/Hello comes out elsewhere apart from US/UK? Maybe they have even more pictures and the family photographer has got the family a deal by having a few exclusives in each. If so good on them.
I've skimmed the text and whilst not exact it's very similar (like a kid copying homework!) The People issue has the names of the 2 photographers on the first page and 4 names at the end. Hello has 3 names at the end - 2 of which are the photographers.

I'm not sure how hard it is to get Hello in US (here in Sleepy Village, Back of Beyond, UK I had to find scans online of People last week.)
If anybody wanted scans of Hello first thing I will say is I don't want to do anything on this site that it doesn't like.
But from personal experience where magazine scans are concerned it's considered safe to offer scans of a magazine once that magazine's next issue is in shops. (Actually not in shops. I'll explain. The Hello magazine with JC is dated 26th Oct however I got it on the 25th. As it's a weekly I think it's safe one week from the 26th. It's cover date)
I stress that is 'personal experience' (gaming mags actually) I have no idea if it would stand up if scrutinised.
If anybody would like scans then please ask Tricia/staff first and find out how they stand.

I finally got a copy on Thursday night! I was worried I had missed it because when I was in a different store they had a new Twilight one out already. But, luckily, I found the Jaycee one in another grocery store.

I think they all look great, including Terry. Of course, it has been 18 yrs so she is going to look reasonably different than she did in her early 30s. But, I'm not understanding the comments about how she has aged considerably. The picture with Terry and Jaycee together is adorable. I also like the outdoor fall landscape that the photographer chose, it went really well with everyone's hair color and clothing.

I finally got a copy on Thursday night! I was worried I had missed it because when I was in a different store they had a new Twilight one out already. But, luckily, I found the Jaycee one in another grocery store.

I think they all look great, including Terry. Of course, it has been 18 yrs so she is going to look reasonably different than she did in her early 30s. But, I'm not understanding the comments about how she has aged considerably. The picture with Terry and Jaycee together is adorable. I also like the outdoor fall landscape that the photographer chose, it went really well with everyone's hair color and clothing.

I don't think Terry looks "bad" And yes people change and get older... I also happen to think the pictures of them all together are wonderful... It was just my opinion that she looks older than her 50 years. I wouldn't have been able to recognize Terry at all from the early 90's photos to the photos in Hello and People magazines.

I think it's more likely that People mag bought the copyright to all photos but sold the rights to other mags for using them. Such as Hello from England and New Idea in Australia. I cannot believe that People did not run the pic of Jaycee and her mother walking hand in hand. It's beautiful. And the photo album shot is a delight. What could be more healing and bonding than giggling over old photos. I fervently hope that in some way, somehow, there exist photos of Jaycee during her 18 years absence. It's not likely any exist during her puberty but after the first baby Garrido may have felt, being the father, he should take some photos of his daughter. He may have shot Jaycee as well. Unfortunately, he'd have needed to process them at a photo minilab which would be a risk. Digital came in when Jaycee was probably an adult. But I hope some exist. At least of the girls when small.

I'm surprised that People didn't include these new photos if they had the rights to all of these pics. I would've liked to see these new pics and I'll pick up a copy of Hello if I see it.

I think PG took pics of JC's daughters growing up. That picture of PG, his father, Nancy and JC's daughters on vacation in San Francisco show that he has taken some pics of the girls growing up. I think PG was arrogant enough to take photos of JC and have them developed. In an email to a customer of their printing business, JC allegedly wrote that they couldn't afford a digital camera so any pics of JC and her daughters would've had to have been developed at a lab.

In an email to a customer of their printing business, JC allegedly wrote that they couldn't afford a digital camera so any pics of JC and her daughters would've had to have been developed at a lab.

That, or they had a Polaroid camera.

It's been stated on the local news here that the authorities had found numerous pictures pertaining to JC and her daughters during their search for evidence and clean up of the Garrido compund. The pictures have been saved and will be given to JC.

It's been stated on the local news here that the authorities had found numerous pictures pertaining to JC and her daughters during their search for evidence and clean up of the Garrido compund. The pictures have been saved and will be given to JC.

That's great. I'd have missed that. If he had them processed in a lab he was recklessly game considering the consequences for him of getting caught. He certainly had an amazingly lucky run over 18 years in so many ways. So many times when he should have been caught; so many "stuff ups" and "slip ups" and "near misses" that let him escape time after time. I can see why he took Jaycee to the fateful interview. He thought he could never get caught. For once he was wrong. Did he really think Jaycee would remain silent when directly questioned by police?

I had a question for anyone that has seen the new photos in Hello magazine. There is one photo with Jaycee on a horse and it looks like she is wearing a necklace with a cross on it.
Has anyone else noticed that?

There is a similar photo in people magazine but her hair blocks the view.

I had a question for anyone that has seen the new photos in Hello magazine. There is one photo with Jaycee on a horse and it looks like she is wearing a necklace with a cross on it.
Has anyone else noticed that?

There is a similar photo in people magazine but her hair blocks the view.

I have the Hello magazine, but I thought the necklace looked like a chain with 2-3 charms on it.

ETA: Just double checked. It's definitely not a cross. It's a heart and something else. A leaf I think.

I agree.. I hope Jaycee and her family can get the most money possible so they can be set for the future.

I've recently read that People sold about two million copies of Jaycee's issue, which is about 500K more than they usually sell per issue (on average). Hopefully, the family was paid at least $500K for the photos. I mean, celebrity baby photos can go for anywhere between $500K-$6 million, so hopefully, she made enough to support herself and her daughters for a while. Granted, she's not Shiloh Jolie-Pitt, but $500K at the very least would be nice for her! :) Buying a home large enough for her, her daughters, her mom, and her sister along with vehicles, tutoring, therapy, etc. is going to be very, very expensive indeed.

I've recently read that People sold about two million copies of Jaycee's issue, which is about 500K more than they usually sell per issue (on average). Hopefully, the family was paid at least $500K for the photos. I mean, celebrity baby photos can go for anywhere between $500K-$6 million, so hopefully, she made enough to support herself and her daughters for a while. Granted, she's not Shiloh Jolie-Pitt, but $500K at the very least would be nice for her! :) Buying a home large enough for her, her daughters, her mom, and her sister along with vehicles, tutoring, therapy, etc. is going to be very, very expensive indeed.

Only about three months before Terry Probyn took that momentous phone call at work, she and Shayna moved house. I doubt they'd be fully moved in when their lives changed forever. I don't know if the new house is big enough for the new size family but I hardly think they'd be complaining about the disruption if it means further house hunting.

Apparently, Jaycee Dugard is more famous and popular than Nicole Ritchie, according to this site:

http://perezhilton.com/2009-10-28-nicole-not-a-draw-at-newstands-people-sells-way-less-than-usual

Nicole Not A Draw At Newstands, People Sells Way Less Than Usual

Nobody seems to care about Nicole Richie and her growing family!

People magazine, which usually sells 1.4 million copies a week, just barely cracked the 1 million mark with the Nicole Richie baby cover, making it one of the worst-selling issues of the year!

And People supposedly paid in the mid six-figures for the pics.

Ouch!

This happens at the heels of one of their best-selling issues with Jaycee Dugard on the cover, which sold 2 million copies.

You win some, you lose some!

So this might give some idea of what Jaycee got for her photo spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico