People Magazine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a new people on the newstand today, but it has Elizabeth Smart on the cover. (I'm at the grocery store daily.)

jaycee's story is on sale friday.
but they are both two amazing young women

Not really sure of the controversy, but I am very happy today.
Glad she got the Magazine she wanted to come out with her photo and statement first, and on her terms, meaning privet photo shot.
IMHO this was a great thing; because she is a hero and is going better then expected.
It is also a strategy for the public to begin going away.
this was kind of like a mini closure for now.
To let them move forward with thier lives.
Elizabet Smart did it this way too....:)

she gives so much hope to so many people. rape survivors kidnap victims and tehre families. she's just simply amazing

I am full of joy that the need for quiet, private recovery and togetherness for this family is happening and can continue to happen if Jaycees decision does indeed have an ample compensation!! This is so much better than a paparazzi benefiting!!

Kudos to Jaycee, Shayna and Terry!! What lucky girls to have such a wonderful mother!! Angel and Starlit are blessed to have these and other adults who love them so much and seem wonderfully adept at helping them adjust!!

What a wonderful, heartwarming, hopeful, testament this is for so many families that have missing children!!

I also meant to add that it is so wonderful that Jaycee disassociated herself frompgs lies about it being her on the business card also!!!

im really lost as to what the "contreversey' is. was she supposed to hide for the rest of her life? if she wanted to do this that is her right.

i'm assuming the news last night had probably just received word that People magazine was running a pic and didn't know that it was authorized by her. at least that's how they made it sound...but we all know how awesome most reporting is these days right?!...

it would have been very controversial if it was a pap pic, but as she is OK with it, i think it's great.

I haven't read this whole thread yet, but I was amazed at Jaycee's adult picture! She is beautiful! But, I was surprised that her hair has darkened, and that she looks younger than her 29 years. I compared her picture with the one picture I have of her mother, Terry, and they both have the same color hair. The picture of Jaycee's two girls, Angel and Starlet..........the older girl's hair is beginning to darken too, while the younger girl is still quite blond.

Above all, Jaycee looks healthy and has a beautiful smile. :)

The age progression pictures more or less got it right, except her face was a bit rounder.

That was my immediate thought too..........the age progressed picture in your post is very close, especially the shape of her face. They have the hair color wrong, and added make-up.

They should have consulted with Jaycee's mother, Terry, for pictures of Terry as a child and then pictures of her when she was a young adult. I bet Terry was blond as a child and her hair darkened as an adult.

I'm going to guess her picture and interview is the most highly compensated article People has done. And I'm guessing this issue of People will be a huge seller. It's great that it's all going to her and her children.

I'll definitely be buying a copy! :)

ah, didn't expect to cry when I saw her picture. she's even more beautiful than I imagined.

Don't forget copyright when posting folks.

What gives is Time Inc. is now demanding I pay 15 hundred dollars for the usage of the People Magazine cover.

Um, yeah, but that would be copyright ME, because I did those based on what's been in the public domain, what gives?

I should clarify: the two corners of the composite image of six are the original pics. The one from People is obviously from People, and the other corner is the age-progressed original. THe other four images that made up the six image picture that I linked and posted with explanation of exactly what I did to them were done by me.
You cannot post copyrighted material and we are always strict on this. Not a new rule at all.

What a great thread. Jaycee is, indeed, beautiful. The smile of freedom and renewed opportunity. I am so happy for everyone.

I hope People paid her a nifty sum. I imagine People had an inside edge since they did a story on Jaycee's abduction years ago allowing her story to go big. As for the money, they pay wealthy celebrities for pictures of their babies all the time. If this money enables Jaycee to buy a house or find some security, I will buy two issues.

And if Jaycee ever wants to collaborate on a book -- I'll buy that as well. No one can give back the years she lost but if a compassionate and caring public can support her in whatever endeavor she feels she want to pursue, that it a good thing. To imagine, just weeks ago she was a prisoner and today we see her joyous smile in the cover of People. I mean WOW!

I agree that Jaycee looks like Jody Foster.

What a nice surprise this morning! I only learned about it on the late news last night. The biggest surprise is that she's a brunette. Ordinary people might not have thought to look for her as a brunette. I don't think the age-progression photos did her justice. I had thought it was her on the business card, but she's far prettier, even without make-up.

I too was surprised to see her as a brunette. I never would have recognized her, but after looking at the picture a bit, I see the same mouth.

JULIE

First Dugard photo 3:49
[ame]http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/10/14/nr.caplan.people.dugard.cnn[/ame]

:angel:

what is the contreversy?
i agree if some paparrazi had snapped her pic without her permission i would be roaring right now. but this was something jaycee did cause she felt the need for us to know she was ok, and to thank us for our support. nothing contreversial about that

Actually it was a brilliant strategy.
While it is true that she wanted to say thank you to everyone, it is more true that she wants to get on with her life This article is a """"Hello everyone, thank you so much, I feel just fine given what we had gone through, see you again, I need to go for a while now """

Notice how the threads have stopped after we saw her.
THAT WAS THE GOAL
Brilliant strategy....The buzzz is gone...LET THE HEALING START.
oh it started..:)..let it go on....
They will return....

We just have to find 2 little girls... and try to help change some laws.

Hubby told me abt Jaycee's photo coming out. I asked, "she beautiful isn't she?" and he said beautiful isn't the word. Now I see the photo myself and he is absolutely right.

They should have consulted with Jaycee's mother, Terry, for pictures of Terry as a child and then pictures of her when she was a young adult. I bet Terry was blond as a child and her hair darkened as an adult.

I think it is fairly common for that to happen. When I was a kid I was completely blonde, but by the time I reached my 20s my hair was brown. It just got darker as I got older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela