PERU - Jesse Galganov, 22, Canadian, Huarez, 29 Sept 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jesse Galganov's family holding bazaar to fundraise and bolster search efforts

On Sunday, family and friends of Jesse Galganov will hold a bazaar to raise funds to continue search efforts to find him.

SBM

Alisa Clamen hired an Israeli search and rescue company to help locate her son. She estimates that it’s cost her over $2 million. “That’s an underestimate,” she said. “I can’t even tell you what [the costs] have been because it’s just been paying.”

Both Clamen and Jesse’s father, Todd Galganov, have travelled to Peru. Todd even offered a reward of $500,000.

Sunday’s bazaar will feature a raffle and bake sale, plus an online auction of author Scott Turow’s complete body of work.

Clamen is also hoping to prevent others from going missing in the park. In December, American woman Carla Valpeoz went missing in the country.

“I’m going to institute proceedings against the Huascaran National Park,” she said. “It’s a dangerous place and I don’t want other people to go missing.”

Clamen’s realistic but optimistic she will find closure. "Not so hopeful that we will find him alive, but I think we’ll bring him home,” she said.

dbm, sorry- responded to rumour

Last edited:
Bumping with a link also posted on mp Carla`s thread..
rbbm.
Their daughter vanished abroad. Months later, they don't know if she's dead or alive - CNN
June 9 2019

``In long phone conversations with the Valpeoz family, Ayala Leon has guided them while they navigate through red tape, deal with calls from shamans looking to take advantage of them and look for experts to help in Carla's search.
She and Alisa Clamen of Canada, whose 22-year-old son, Jesse Galganov, disappeared while backpacking in the Peruvian mountains in 2017, have become like a second family for Carla's brother.
"The pain is the same, different circumstances, but the pain is still there," Carlos Jr. said. "I could never repay them for the amount of love, support and information that they've given me."

Unsolved Mysteries: Disappearances in South America | Latin Post - Latin news, immigration, politics, culture
By Danielle Ong Apr 02, 2020
santa-cruz.jpg

(Photo : Bookmundi)
An overview of the Santa Cruz hiking trail

''Investigators also found the registration log of the Santa Cruz trail was missing. It was later found out the people working on the trail that day were not employees of the park.

Mule drivers who frequented the trail were also reluctant to help in the investigation, largely due to their fear that their community would be blamed should Jesse's body be found on the trail.

A search-and-rescue team was requested to help scour the trail for any evidence of disturbance, but they found nothing.

A search through social media yielded two French hikers who were on the trail the same day Galganov was. The travelers said Jesse seemed disoriented and dehydrated when they saw him. They also claimed he was suffering from diarrhea and visual issues. Jesse reportedly spent a night at the campsite.

The travelers said Galganov continued his journey on the trail the next morning. Several other hikers confirmed seeing the Canadian along the trail. He was last seen at the Punta Union pass.

To this day, no one knows what happened to Jesse Galganov. ''

Jesse Clint Galganov​

Person missing since: September 24, 2017​

At the request of police investigators, we ask you to support our efforts by sharing the description of the missing person.

Missing Person Profile​

Last NameGalganov
First NameJesse Clint
Age (at disappearance)22
Year of birth1995
Height175cm / 5ft-9in
Weight84 kg
Hair colorBrown
Eye colorBrown

Clothing
Type of clothingBackpack
Clothing colourBlue
Type of clothingShoes
Clothing colourWhite
Type of clothingShorts
Clothing colourBlue

Description​

Jesse Clint Galganov, then 22, was last seen on September 24, 2017 at Montreal's Pierre-Elliott Trudeau airport. Mr. Galganov flew to Peru. As soon as he arrived at his destination, Mr. Galganov communicated with his mother every day. As of September 28, she has not heard from him. He had mentioned that he was going to the forest for a few days for a hike.

How to help:​

Unresolved missing person
Click here to contact the investigators at the SPVM :
To transmit information using a confidential and anonymous method, please contact:
INFO-CRIME MONTRÉAL
514 393-1133
Don't hesitate to share this information on social networks.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member