Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bolded by me.

Ye gods. Aren't the Colombian hit men the ones who do the "Colombian necktie" assassinations ?

Yes the are. Unfortunately, I knew a guy who got involved with some shady things and he was found with a "Colombian Necktie". Him and his girlfriend.

Isn't it a bit unsual for him to go to prison so quickly? Or maybe this is how it's done there.

Jean C. says this is how it's done there. They don't hold you in the county (or whatever Peru's equivalent is) jail until sentencing like they do here.

He smashed in her face!!!!!! he smashed in her face!!! and some want humane treatment for him. Can you imagine how Stephanys family must have reacted when they read her autopsy report? Their beautiful daughter had her face smashed in making her almost unrecognizable. The family member who identified her body will NEVER forget the condition that her body and face were in. It will haunt them for the rest of their lives. To know that Joran admitted she was dead as he sat and ate pastry and had coffee while Stephanys body laid silent is almost too much to digest.
God forgive me for saying this but I hope he never makes it to trial. He is a monster and again he will rot in hell with his father. As for his mother she is an enabler. I do not feel sorry for her. She and her husband had a hand in raising this monster. If he was such a difficult child to raise she could have gotten help to straighten him out. Now she is coming to Peru with a media person. PLEASE! I can't wait to hear how she tries to get her son off the hook. Will she say the extortion plot he concocted to get money from his first victims family was a setup? How will she explain the death of her sons latest victim who he beat to death?
I am so glad that many of you here can discuss this case in a calmer manner that I ever could because when I think of what Joren did to this little Girl, someones daughter, sister, friend etc, I get angry and sorrowful that this has happened again.

Everyone has different opinions but dont misunderstand mine I'm angry I just dont seek vigilante justice. We have laws in place for these crimes and I think they should be followed. I too am very sorry this happened and I do hope he finds his. In the true end, he will be judged.

But he seems to have no problem killing someone if things aren't going his way. My guess is sociopath. He fits the mold of serial killer too. I am glad he's off the streets and can;t get to innocent people. jmo

abbie

So far Peruvians have resisted outside pressures. Outside pressures will
build - that's guaranteed in this case. I wonder how long Peruvians can hold out against pressure to turn him over ... I think this is the most serious threat in this case (and Joran and his supporters know it!).

He really seems to know how to work the system and what cards to play.
I hope there is no way for Aruba to take him back on the promise of locating Natalee's body--as much as I'd like for Beth to have her daughter's remains--unless there's a guarantee he will be locked up for life. I'm afraid he will wiggle his way out of this whole mess somehow. He should never be free again.

If he's so anxious to tell Aruba authorities where to find Natalee, let him do it from his prison cell in Peru. He knows that island, every inch of it, I bet. Let him draw a map. As far as him going to Aruba to "show" them, forget that chit He's had many opportunities to "show" where Natalee was buried (if she really was buried) and he has come up with lies and BS. Why believe him now? He thinks its his "get out of jail free" card to tease about wanting to fess' up about Natalee, I call BS and say keep his sorry butt where he is for the next SEVERAL years. He must have NO CONSCIENCE at all. The way he plays with the Holloway's emotions is despicable. jmo

Isn't it a bit unsual for him to go to prison so quickly? Or maybe this is how it's done there.

He's awaiting trial, and the trial isn't set yet. He has been classified as a very dangerous criminal. Putting him in separate cell at Castro, Castro for his protection so that he can stand trial.

I read earlier in Peru they do not have trials, the judge makes the decision. So far seems the judge seems very good.

The DO have trials with a 3 judge panel. He hasn't been sentenced yet. He goes to prison until the trial which could be several years. This is how I understand it.

Her body is parallel with the bed in the pic, in the diagram of the crime scene I saw on another link her body was positioned differently, NOT parallel with the bed. So, I wonder if its authentic or staged pic. And, wheres his white shirt?

Detail: her knees were tucked up in a fetal position.

Ouch! He's just aging before my very eyes.

No kidding huh? I could be way off but it looks like he is straining to raise his head. Pushing back against the hand on his head. Sounds to me like something he might want to do, raise his head and scowl at the crowds. I could be wrong though, just a thought.

When I typed that it made me think of KC and her strutting and later glaring at protesters as she was lead to jail.

This guy is a classic Sociopath don't you think? Sociopath bleeds over into Psychopathic behavior. He seems to lie with ease and he really has no real fear when he's doing these things. High risk behavior doesn't bother him at all.

I think his parents are wrong - Natalie's case only brought to light the PROBLEM with Joran. I am willing to bet he was a spoiled and coddled liar his entire life. Remind us of anyone else in trouble with the law? Hm. I think we can all think of a few.

Thank you nums24. I found the following snip very interesting:

Although I haven't come to a conclusion yet I'm still wondering if he was not trying to make his way to another country within South America that does have a formal treaty. He wants to go back to Aruba or the Netherlands I'm sure. (On a previous thread we had been discussing why he chose to move southward into Chile...etc.).

I by no means think that JVDS is an intelligent man. But he is a criminal and has been one for quite a while in his few short years, I am willing to wager he knows which country to get his hindend to when there is a chance he could be caught for any of those crimes. KWIM? I could be wrong.

Luckily for us he didn't make it. Very unlucky for him. I'll be interested to see what moves he makes now given he's desperate. IMHO.

IMHO he's still trying to dance as fast as he can to take the lead. I wish I could just type out what I'm really thinking about him right now but it would be against TOS~~so please if you will, just think of the dirtiest words you can think of and then him. :)

Entropy is Joran's worst problem. He can't hold out forever against physics. He will wear out. One report said he already tried to bash his own head in once ...

Peru sure is quick on their feet, if they have his tox screen back already.
NO drugs, No excuse.
IMO

Hate to ask but what is that??

I am pretty sure it's a method of slitting the throat and pulling the tongue down through the opening. Nice huh?

You would have to have watched the OJ murder trial in it's entirety or be Columbian to know that I guess.

so he is in a cell with a "reported Columbian hit man."

wow...just wow. and the only way this is headed for him is down.:furious:

he HAS to know it by now. all this hand wringing about his potentially walking out in a couple of years, and how light is sentence COULD be is, imo, based on what we have come to expect in the American judicial system,

but JVDS is in Peru, not Aruba, not America.

:furious:

He's on the same block, but in an individual cell. Somebody would be paying for the "specialty" I would think...anyway.

I don't believe JVDS is going to 'suffer' at Castro prison as much as some in the media believe. I'm not saying it will be a happy cakewalk there, but he's being treated as a special prisoner, isolated from the mainstream, in with 'famous' or 'infamous' prisoners.

And...he has access to $$$ (through mommy and possibly others) so he'll be able to purchase some goodies and bribe the officers. His lot there will not be exactly the same as the destitute prisoner who has to sleep on the floor, 40 people to a room.

Peru is going to go to some lengths to protect him, if only to make sure he is able to be prosecuted. I bet the length of time for his case to get to trial won't be quite as long as the average person's either. Just a feeling I have. Right now JVDS is their 'star' prisoner and the eyes of the world are following his case and will continue to for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member