Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joran's done little but try to extort money from people based on his NH murder case notoriety and gamble according to Greta last week. I believe it. Add murder girls and steal. my opinion

HLN just reported that a "deal" has been worked out between Aruban and Peruvian officials for Aruban officials to travel to Peru to question JVS.

a Colombian hitman no less! Just what the Joran needs. Some might
see this as a setup. All the hitman has to say is: "he slapped me".

I see it as intimidation; like look who's in charge now smart boy.

That may backfire though and the next thing we'll hear is that they've become best buddies. :twocents:

Joran can tell Aruban LE where Natalee is from the comfort of his Peruvian cell, IMO. The possibility of him being sprung from Peru prison to travel to Aruba to "show them", I hope, are nil. He has played this game a few times to no avail, he lies. I can't believe he really thinks this idea is going to fly. Maybe they can give him 1 year off his eventual sentence in Peru providing he has good behavior in exchange for the successful recovery of Natalees body. At any rate after he gets finished with his time in Peru, if he lives to the end of it, he has other charges to answer to so he is looking forward to being in prison for the rest of his life.
In the video they showed of Joran being taken to the eventual place in the prison where he was to be housed there was a real cruddy looking sink and below it a small hole in the floor. I assume that's the "toilet" area. which is grose. His existence at the moment has to be miserable. Hopefully they will release another video of the area with more attention to detail. The one I saw was choppy and hurried. Did anyone else see that video too? Or did I dream it? I only saw it once.

abbie

Viewing some of the tv shows about USA prisons they have on tv regularly with paint chipping off the walls and over-crowding and looking at the video of the prison Joran's in I don't see where there appears to be a lot of difference. I'm skeptical as to the suffering some of the talking heads say he's encountering. They've said it's like entering the gates of he!!. If you ask me, any prison would be that to me. Joran was so seemingly smug when he was in prison (jail whatever) in Aruba and the shoddy hostel he was staying in for $30 a nite he doesn't seem to be very troubled by any of it in my opinion. Right now I'm not very worried about him "suffering" in that prison. I do think he's playing cards, visiting and adjusting as any other murderer/thief would. How high could the standards be of anyone chosing such a life; ugh

Joran can tell Aruban LE where Natalee is from the comfort of his Peruvian cell, IMO. The possibility of him being sprung from Peru prison to travel to Aruba to "show them", I hope, are nil. He has played this game a few times to no avail, he lies. I can't believe he really thinks this idea is going to fly. Maybe they can give him 1 year off his eventual sentence in Peru providing he has good behavior in exchange for the successful recovery of Natalees body. At any rate after he gets finished with his time in Peru, if he lives to the end of it, he has other charges to answer to so he is looking forward to being in prison for the rest of his life.
In the video they showed of Joran being taken to the eventual place in the prison where he was to be housed there was a real cruddy looking sink and below it a small hole in the floor. I assume that's the "toilet" area. which is grose. His existence at the moment has to be miserable. Hopefully they will release another video of the area with more attention to detail. The one I saw was choppy and hurried. Did anyone else see that video too? Or did I dream it? I only saw it once.

abbie

There's a variety of videos of it on youtube. Here's one. Not sure if it's the one you cite but there's more here.

Wow, didn't mean to post the actual video; just the link. google youtube Joran Castro Castro

Let’s put his situation in terms Sloot would understand. He is playing Peru Justice Hold ‘Em. Sloot has drawn a 2 of Hearts and a 3 of Diamonds. The “River” is ready to be set down and the facing cards are:

K h Q d 4 c 8 h

In other words, Sloot has nothing. And he has no chips left. What does Sloot, the master of the poker universe. do?

He can’t go All In. Naturally, he wants to bluff. So he reaches outside the game and comes up with whet the thinks is valuable to the prosecutor he is playing against:

“If you let me out of the game, give me the Pot and grubstake me back to Aruba, when I get there I will tell you where I buried a big treasure.

That is when he gets his knees capped.

I am hoping they will tell him, "ok you tell where NH is, let us physically get her, if she is not in sea. And then we will take you to Aruba"...But NOT really take him.

Shoot him an email (after he tells Aruba where she is) saying, "Yeah, we lied"? :angel:

Ironically, and perhaps unfortunately, he would not BE ABLE to understand the FAIRNESS in that.

However long, where ever, he serves this prison sentence, at the end of his sentence, he'll be extradited to the U.S. The max sentence for the wire fraud charge is 30 years, and I'd bet the farm he'll get all 30 available. And Fed. time, is by and large, real time (w/ only a little good time to get out a little sooner, but there's no parole to cut the sentence in half).

Alabama can also charge (and convict) him with the same crimes since they are a separate sovereign from the Feds. (i.e., no double jeopardy issues).

So, really, it doesn't matter what Aruba does. If I were Aruba at this point (not if I was Aruba the island, Aruba the government :-), I'd grant him absolute immunity (from punishment) in exchange for NH's body (but not if he cannot produce her remains...i.e., dumped her in the ocean), provided NH's family was agreeable. That is to say, I would do whatever would bring NH's family closure/peace at this point if I were Aruba. JVS is going to be well into his 60's before he sees the light of day in the free world again, even without NH consequences.

I see it as intimidation; like look who's in charge now smart boy.

That may backfire though and the next thing we'll hear is that they've become best buddies. :twocents:

I'm thinking not unlike most thugs/murderers, they'll decide to be cordial (if you will) with him until they decide not to.

I don't think NH's body exists at this point and I think Joran knows that. Surrounded by water as Aruba is with garbage being thrown to the sharks as it was said. Horrible thought then & now.

Finally catching up, and just loved this post. After thinking about it, you're right. In the UK if you say Bathroom, they think you want a bath or shower. It's best to say Toilet or Water Closet. Toilets in Asian countries, are the typical hole in the ground with a jug of water to use.

So I'm sure JVS is used to this sort of thing -- though I'm certainly not.

MOO

Mel

View attachment 9623

In Thailand, it is "hong nam" meaning 'room water' or water(nam) room(hong).

That's one of the first full sentences I learned, 'Hong nam u tee ni?" (spelled as sounds) = Where's the restroom?

In Bangkok it is easy to find a westernized facility - I knew the location of every hotel in the city - lol. The minute you drive out of the city, you're hard pressed to find anything but the ground level type (rarely they'll have a porcelain crown so-to-speak). For a girl who doesn't even like camping that much for reasons such as these,
I faced some challenging conditions at times! I know, TMI.

Jean Casarez just said that he has a new private lawyer, no name released yet.

Where are all these private lawyers coming from?! Are they being compensated? Or are they just coming out of the wordwork for the notoriety? All rhetorical questions...

I'm thinking not unlike most thugs/murderers, they'll decide to be cordial (if you will) with him until they decide not to.

There is another inmate in Joran's cell block - a mayor accused of money laundering. What happened to him? Haven't heard much about him.

...not unlike most thugs/murderers, they'll decide to be cordial (if you will) with him until they decide not to.

You clearly have a perfected understanding of thugs/murderers. :clap:

You'd make a great detective!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members